Old 06-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #1  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Default my wake up call/depressed

So, I'm a bit depressed at the moment. Last week me and my bf went to his brothers graduation, and they all wanted a picture wit me and his brothers, well I took one, and i knew that it was going to end up bad, but terrible isn't even the word.

I couldn't believe I had gotten to that point. i just found a (stressful) job two months ago, and was under the allusion with me being back to work, i wouldn't eat so much and would lose the weight i had gained from not being at work.
wrong.

I mena when I graduated high school i was at my biggest. im not sure how much i weighted but here is a picture.

I lost the weight and by next summer I had slimmed down to this

I lost some more weight after that but the next summer i got pregnant but lost the baby and have still not lost the 20-ish pounds i had gained while pregnant.
and I have a bf that likes my body and lets me eat whatever i want. well here is the pic that was took last week.

=/
I think this will make me realize i need to lose weight. But I have NO willpower, and it sucks. I need help.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 279/236/140

Height: 5'4"

With all the changes and difficulties you have been going through it can be really hard to stay focused on what you need to do to lose weight. Here is hoping things get better for you.
whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Sorry, but I'll have to fix your comment about having no willpower...
Yes, you do have willpower... You lost weight once, which means you have it... You just need to figure out how to get it back... but it is there, somewhere on you...
Remember: you are the only one who can do it for yourself...
Do NOT give up!!!
We are here for you.

Last edited by belezura; 06-16-2009 at 10:12 AM.
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #4  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

At first, yeah, it takes some willpower, but once you establish some good habits, it does get easier. Going to the gym used to be such a chore for me. I got into the habit of going in the afternoon and I actually started enjoying the routine, but the days when I had conflicts in the afternoons (just typed faternoons by mistake...freudian slip lol) I thought I didn't like exercising enough to get out of bed in the mornings and go before work. I am definitely not a morning person! But lo and behold, when I started having afternoon conflicts, I found I missed going so much that I actually was able to get up an hour earlier and swing by the gym on my way to work

I think you'll surprise yourself at what you can achieve with a little commitment. You don't have to jump into the deep end either...don't set yourself up to fail by starving yourself...pick a reasonable amount of calories (I do 1200-1500) and start logging them into fitday or thedailyplate.com...that becomes a habit very quickly. Pick some easy goals, like walking during your lunch break, or drinking more water. And don't be too hard on yourself; it's going to take some patience, but waiting a couple of months to see results seems like less time when you decide to change your lifestyle permanently. Do things you think you can keep up with, but before you decide something is too hard to commit to forever, give it a chance.

And nevertheless, you look very cute in that graduation pic It sounds like you have already been through some REALLY tough stuff...I'm sure you can do this. When in doubt, 3FC is a great place to get back in the right mindset. Good luck!
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #5  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Well you cannot say you don't have any will power because it's very clear from the pictures you provided that you can lose your unwanted weight!

You can do it, with help and support from everyone here at 3FC!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote