3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Do you indulge in Birthday cake? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/174309-do-you-indulge-birthday-cake.html)

kk140 06-15-2009 10:53 AM

Do you indulge in Birthday cake?

Hey there fellow 3FCers!

June in a pretty tempting month for me birthday cake wise. On the 8th, 14th and 20th I have birthday parties being held in my house. For the first 2, I had light eating days and used the rest of the points for my day (usually around 10) and some flex points to indulge in a little sliver of cake.

What have you guys done in the past?

RealCdn 06-15-2009 11:26 AM

I guess I'm lucky, I'm not really a cake person. I usually find most birthday cakes way too sweet for my taste. So I rarely ever take it, and usually manage to avoid someone pushing some on me.

losermom 06-15-2009 11:26 AM

It depends on kind of cake it is. If it's chocolate, definitely!

kittycat40 06-15-2009 11:41 AM

Yes, if it is ice cream cake. Not likely but wouldn't say never if it is regular cake.

melwolfe 06-15-2009 11:59 AM

I make a cake I can eat without having to jump through hoops or do 2 extra hours of exercise in order to make up for it.

sprklemajik 06-15-2009 11:59 AM

I thought you meant for your own birthday... I do for mine, but it's because my mom makes my favorite - a carrot cake. For other peoples it really depends, if it's a homemade cake then usually yes. If it's a store bought cake then no, because it's never as good as I think it's going to taste.

utgirl09 06-15-2009 12:02 PM

I can take a bite or two of food and be done with it. I started this last month, and it takes care of my sweet tooth and I can move on to something healthier.

Civakas 06-15-2009 12:07 PM

I agree with sprkle - if it's homemade or from a good bakery, then definitely yes - but I eat just a bit and make sure it's either in my calorie budget or that I can exercise it off. If it's from a grocery store bakery then **** no - I usually find that they are really, really dry and not worth the calories.

sweetandspicy 06-15-2009 12:23 PM

My birthday was Saturday and I did not eat any cake. It was quite an accomplishment for me. I think if you really want a piece just to make adjustments in plan to make it fit.

StarryNights110 06-15-2009 12:32 PM

So many factors!

Ice cream cake? Oh yes! The sickeningly sweet frosting cakes? Nah.

I tend to avoid cake unless it's my own birthday, which is only once a year so I go crazy. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommyofsix (Post 2786431)
My birthday was Saturday and I did not eat any cake.

Mommyofsix, that is awesome and so are you! I've never been able to say no to my own cake.

forestroad 06-15-2009 12:43 PM

I love the sickeningly sweet frosting cakes from grocery store bakeries (most of them)...luckily I'm not around them that much but when I am, I can't resist.

StarCarly 06-15-2009 12:59 PM

I definitely will for my own birthday. For others, it depends on the cake and how my day has been calorie-wise. Mostly yes, though, in very small amounts.

WormwoodDoll 06-15-2009 03:59 PM

If I eat a birthday cake, I will take a small piece and eat just the cake, not the icing. This is what I also do and it works. I feel satisfied I was able to eat a piece and I didn't feel guilty! Most of the calories comes from the icing anyways! I usually estimate the small non-icing piece to be around 200-300 calories.

cincimom11 06-15-2009 05:56 PM

I. LOVE. CAKE.

Thankfully I'm not around it often. This Friday, there will be a cake in celebration of one of my aunts being named postmaster of her town, so I plan to indulge. I freaking LOVE icing!!! I'll just have one piece, and the rest of the day will be healthy.

Chele615 06-15-2009 05:57 PM

I will indulge in my own birthday cake....but I'm usually a bit better at being able to turn down other cake requests.