Old 06-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #1  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

Default frustrated: 3rd week no loss

I know everyone hits a plateau eventually but it's incredibly discouraging :/
I'm so ready to break the 150's, I've been exercising and eating OP... though I could step up the exercise and probably will. Any other suggestions?
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #2  

Default The Big Drop May Be Close

Up both the exercise and maybe the calories. Sometimes zig-zaging helps. That's where you do your normal lower calories for 3 days then go up by 200-300 or so on day 4.

Although the weights are different, I could have written this post last week (oops, I think I did!) I intensified my exercise and watched my calories more closely. I went 4 weeks without a loss and now I'm suddenly almost 3 pounds lower than I was on Monday. I was also hovering above that next decade down in numbers so I know how frustrating it is!

Hang in there because it's all you can do. Power up your workouts for a week (or, as I tell myself, everyday until *I* break *it*- the plateau). Plateaus give us the opportunity to prove to ourselves how bad we want it and just how dedicated we are to having it. Keep going!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #3  
I wish!

S/C/G: 185/136/135

Height: 5'6''

Changing my calorie intake has really helped me break a recent, long plateau. I was having about 1200 cals for two or three days, then going up to 1800 for a day etc. I just kept on my normal exercise schedule. I lost two pounds this week, so it's definately working for me. I also want to get out of the 150's!!
StringBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #4  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

I'm at the same place, only a decade higher...I want to break into the 150s! Last week was such a tease, I got down to 159 but I think it was water weight bc I keep hovering at 160.

I'm new to the concept of "zig-zagging" but my recent experience is consistent with it working...my last loss came after I got back from vacation where I had been eating more (and exercising less, actually not at all other than rolling over on my beach towel). Yesterday I got off plan a bit and ate a fried burrito, but later that day at the gym I did 70 minutes of intense cardio and wasn't even tired...that burrito must have been like rocket fuel bc usually I'm tired after 50-60mins.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #5  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

thank you everyone for the advice!

my only concern is that I don't really log/count my calories, I mean I keep a rough idea throughout the day but my main meal plan is power foods 6 times a day and one "off plan" meal a week... would it work if I added a 4th snack at some point in my day? That would account for about 1-200 calories more :/ Or should I just have a second off plan meal?
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

sorry that this does not really answer your question, but IMO you should start logging your calories bc thats what works best for me. i lost about 17 lbs from jan to mid-march and i was writing down EVERYTHING that went into my mouth. around mid-march i just got tired of it and started just keeping track in my head. i did not gain any back but just never lost for a bout a month and 1/2. two weeks ago i started writing down everything again in a little notebook i have and i have already lost 4.5 lbs. just a thought!
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote