3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Looking for a group of Chick Fighters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/173617-looking-group-chick-fighters.html)

Spiritkyssed 06-07-2009 10:07 AM

Looking for a group of Chick Fighters

Hiya, my name is Sarah and I am looking for some friends on here that enjoy fighting (hand-to-hand, sparring, sword, wrestling etc) as much as I do. I want to become strong and be able to be a challenge for my guy friends and if you like this type of excerisize please post and lemme know what you do to train. :) You can also aim im me. Thankies!

-Sarah

---:carrot:---

Reddalice 06-07-2009 10:28 AM

I love to beat and get beat, I say sometimes, and I really think bruises are beautiful. In high school I did Kempo and currently I am a student of Judo (healing from a shoulder injury from stupidity, no less). In Kempo we did some grappling, I love to wrestle and get dirty, which is what led me to judo a few years later. What have I been doing? The warm ups are pretty intense at my dojo, so I run trails so that I can keep up with the guys the best I can at my weight. I also don't look at exercise as 'working out' etc, I call it training. I am training to be the best judo-ka I can be.

aneleh 06-07-2009 12:32 PM

I was just thinking about joining an MMA gym! They have professional and recreational women's (and men's) training. Hmm first class I'm going to will be tomorrow, let you know how it is!

Spiritkyssed 06-12-2009 11:36 AM

Would you guys be interested in being my friends and sharings ways that you like to stay active, eat well and lose weight? :D

aneleh 06-12-2009 09:51 PM

Lol sure. Ok so I joined the kickboxing gym and have been to it three times (it's M, W, F). It's so fun! I only wish that we could actually spar already lol.

Spiritkyssed 06-18-2009 11:11 AM

Sweet sounds awesome. Congrats on your weightloss by the way. I'm at 165 now, how did you lose the weight to get to your goal? o.o

SamanthaJubilee 06-18-2009 12:24 PM

I love MMA. I am hoping to be able to start "training" for it when I get down to about 160. I am taking the kick boxing and Boot Camp classes at my gym. I feel HUGE compaired to the other women in there, but it won't stop me. I know that I will soon be able to walk in there with more confidence and kick some butt! LOL

munchievictim 06-18-2009 01:18 PM

I was just thinking today about how much I'd love to take up boxing/kickboxing. I'm not sure of where to go around here though, my college gym isn't offering any fitness classes during the summer and I think the ones they do offer during regular semesters are just aerobic classes? I'd really like to get involved with that, though.

Pumpkin Queen 06-18-2009 11:24 PM

I love sparring. Of course, I just do it in the park with a bunch of friends. There is a serious lack of any worthwhile weapons or martial arts classes around here. Books and DVDs can only do so much. It's a great workout though!

aneleh 06-19-2009 07:40 AM

Spiritkyssed-Going from 165 to about 140 I lost the weight in a couple months following weight watchers (pretty loosely) at home. I wasn't working out and I was on about 22 points a day (but there were a LOT of days over that as well). Then I came back home and my weight fluctuated from 145-152 for about 2 years. As of this morning I am back to 140!! So exciting :). Right now I am not counting points or calories really. Trying to eat healthy, whole foods, and watch my portion sizes, with three meals and about three snacks a day. This time I am excercising a lot more too, mostly strength stuff.

Spiritkyssed 06-22-2009 01:17 PM

Cool cool sounds awesome. I'm starting up doing my DDR again, so hopefully that'll help. I want to get into the 150's within the next month. So *crosses fingers* let's see what happens :D

Iconised Ghost 06-22-2009 06:03 PM

I'm shodan in Shorinji Kempo and I love it :D Reddalice, what kind of kempo did you do? With the grappling it sounds more like Shaolin because we dont do any grappling at all

blackbeltchica19 06-23-2009 12:37 AM

I am a black belt and instructor in tae kwon do!

Spiritkyssed 06-23-2009 01:03 PM

Sweet. So what kinda of daily workouts do you guys do that isn't supervised by an instructer?

Iconised Ghost 06-23-2009 06:15 PM

pretty much just gym- i run a lot, and alternate days where i do a 45min run with days where i do 50mins of weights, lunges, sit ups, press ups etc.