Anybody ever tried these Hoodia Pops??

• I just recently saw them at my tanning salon and saw a thing about them on 'Extra'. Anybody ever tried them??
  • Save your money, they don't work. There are no legit hoodia products in America, it's just marketing hype. Uniliver (makers of SlimFast) was conducting tests in Africa, after investing many millions of dollars, and a couple of months ago they found real hoodia was ineffective, but it was also dangerous and they had to halt studies. Furthermore, hoodia gordonii (the variety of hoodia that contains the p57 which is supposed to kill appetite) cannot be legally exported from Africa. Hoodia gordonii only works if you eat about a 4 inch chunk of the fresh plant, and is not recommended for weight loss. It's something rarely consumed, before long hunts in the desert.

It's one of the biggest gimmicks out there and despite all of the news reports saying it doesn't work and to avoid hoodia products, there are far too many manufacturers out there that know that enough people don't read the reports and will believe their claims. It's a sad industry

Anyway, the ingredients in the hoodia pops include a large amount of stimulants (but not real hoodia). If that's what you are looking for, they'll do the trick. Please be careful, the ingredients are potentially dangerous so if you notice anything off, see your doctor.

• Thanks! That's very helpful!
  • i seen these on the tyra show and she said they were bad news
  • Honestly, any diet product doesn't work. And if they do, they're dangerous. The only weight loss drugs that anyone should be taking are prescribed by their doctors, and closely monitored.

So don't waste your money. What Suzanne said pretty much sums it up.