Old 09-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

Default Chocolate

How do you keep away??

I'm been munching on chocolate for the past week. I dunno, something just came over me. Maybe it's cause I'm on my *thing* who knows? also the fact that my mom bought chocolate after a long time and I just felt that I needed it. It's so good and yet I know so bad. I have little bites here and there through out the day, I mean if it was like for a day or two I'd get it but I've been doing it for a week now. I can just get myself to stop but I feel it calling me.

For the past few years I've switched to dark chocolate since it's better for you but the one my mom got is milk chocolate (my favorite) so it's pretty bad. Not to mention, haven't been working out all that much either. I hope it doesn't add up

I hate chocolate and how it tastes so amazing. I hate what it does to me, and yet I love it too. AHhhhhh!!
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Um, I have chocolate every day. I have an M&M dispenser at my desk. I put dark chocolate peanut M&M's in her, and because they're so big, only 2 come out at a time. That's just what I need for a quick fix. And when I'm hitting the dispenser too much, I turn her to the wall or put her in someone else's office.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I don't buy chocolate bars because, yeah, I'll eat the whole bar in one sitting. I'll PLAN to just nibble here and there, and then whoops, I ate it all in 2 seconds flat. So I get my chocolate fix via weight watchers cakes. They're actually pretty good. I eat one with a glass of milk and I'm good after that.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #4  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I like Hershey bars and I'll eat 3 small squares if I am wanting chocolate. Yummy.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I eat Hershey Kisses. One at a time. I sometimes eat 5 or 6 in a day but no more than that.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #6  

Chocoholism is another kind of addiction that are partnered by sugar addiction. They contain addictive, heroin and alcohol and the taste can lead to a prolonged blender. There are lot of chocolate extract on some of deit products. By example, shakes, crunch bars.

Only to keep it away is deal with them. I mean find those chocolate on those extracts.

I don't know about you. But how will you handle it guys?
kate looseme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #7  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

If I were you, I'd plan a couple of squares into your day rather than nibbling throughout the day where it could potentially add up. That way you know how much you're eating, and you can savor it without feeling guilty.

Last edited by forestroad; 09-09-2009 at 08:10 PM.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #8  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

I have chocolate at the end of almost every day. Ghiradelli caramel squares that I nibble slowly. It's built into my calorie plan, and knowing I can have it helps me stay on track. Not having chocolate would drive me nuts!
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #9  
sugar is the devil

I buy Endangered Species chocolate! Pure dark chocolate with organic cane sugar The good stuff! It comes in a big bar made up of 16 squares (I think). I just break off one square a day! Gives me a quick fix and a set limit! Sometimes I even forget to have one a day since I'm not craving it so much since I allow it!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm bad with anything sweet - if it's there I MUST have it! So i don't generally keep it around.

I do treat myself from time to time though and when I do I usually buy a small piece of chocolate (about 20gms worth) and thats enough to do the trick. Plus once it's gone, it's gone!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #11  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

I'm working on control with chocolate because I love it and I see it as one of the pleasures in life that I don't want to get rid of.

Lately I've just been making a point of not allowing it to be my reward or coping mechanism (I used to buy chocolate when I was writing a paper as a student)... but if it's high quality chocolate (Lindt, Laura Secord etc.) or part of something delicious... I'll definitely make room for it calorie wise.

Also, i've found that a couple of brands have started making a "chocolate" tea that smells and tastes kind of chocolatey and may replace some of my hot chocolate come winter.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/177/140

Height: 5'2

I get my family to hide it from me. Mostly my sister, because I don't dare venture into her bedroom for fear something is going to reach out and grab me.

She brought home these giant Hershey bars from Times Square about a month ago, and I just took some of it and then had her hide it on me.
It's kind of sad that it has to be basically put under lock and key, but it's an addiction.

I like that Hersheys kisses idea!
It would just be eating them in moderation that would be the challenge!
purplebrickroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #13  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

i go for any of the 100 calorie packs with chocolate in them (chocolate covered pretzels mmmm) or the slimfast snack bars...there's one that tastes almost like a butterfinger...heavenly. i allow myself 1/day to get my chocolate fix...plus i have a ww fudgcicle just about every night. i can't deprive myself or i obsess over something, and when i finally allow myself to have it, i binge. so instead, i make sure i have my fixes.
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Ive always HATED chocolate with passion.. but now that i know its bad i just cant keep away! haha
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #15  

Height: 6'1

Sigh....this is exactly the reason that I CANNOT have chocolate around me. We used to have a lady that worked here and she had a candy dispenser with M&Ms in it and I would frequent her office and eat handfuls. Nowadays if I want some, I will just get it from the vending machine and split it with someone.

Last edited by shasha17a; 09-10-2009 at 02:05 PM.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote