Wow, not that's a cat that sleeps in way later than any cat I ever lived with
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Wow, not that's a cat that sleeps in way later than any cat I ever lived with
LoL. My cats go to bed at 9p.m. They usually get up around 6, but they want breakfast by 6:30. I don't typically want to get up at that time so they literally trample, poke, and holler at me until I do.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

lol @ the cats!

I always seem to wake up without an alarm at like 5:30 or 6am (my alarm goes off at 6:30) and if I actually get up at that time, I'm not tired at all. But then if I go back to sleep after that I feel so much more tired later on! I don't know why, maybe the sleep cycle is over and you wake up, and then if you go back to sleep you may wake up in the middle of another cycle?
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I have so much trouble with this I sometimes sleep on the couch to make sure I am uncomfortable enough to wake up. I thought getting a dog might finally resolve this, but I usually have to coax him out of bed, the lazy bum.

Some things that work:
Drink a ton of water before bed. Your bladder is a great alarm clock.
Set your alarm to the radio, put it on static, and turn the volume all the way up. I save that for when I am flying in the morning because it is a horrible way to wake up.
Get an alarm with a complicated snooze. Or now they sell one that rolls around the room. I bet that would be great.
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #20  

Or try one of these:

http://www.sourcingmap.com/crazy-fly...t-p-24687.html

Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
Put your alarm clock wayyy across the room, so that in order to hit snooze, you're already up and walking and it probably won't seem worth it.
Sadly, I've tried this, gotten up, shut off the alarm, and went back to bed, I'm pathetic.

As for going to bed earlier as many mentioned. I've tried...1) I can't go to sleep until I'm tired, I'll just lay there wide away until I'm tired. 2) I've tried different times, from 3 hours to 14 hours, getting up is never any easier.

I'm thinking about trying this:
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/70460.asp?source=FROOGLE#

I've read a lot of good reviews about it.
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #22  
here we go again

S/C/G: 154/145/126

Height: 5'4

im like that as well. I have gotten to the point where i put my alarm on the other side of the room and i keep my curtains open. That way, when my alarm goes off, i physically have to get out of bed to turn it off and since the curtains are already open, it keeps me from crawling back into bed.
sad but true lol
cheercoach0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #23  
here we go again

S/C/G: 154/145/126

Height: 5'4

ive just read the post above. nevermind lol
cheercoach0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 155/153/135

I have *always* had this problem. I used to put my alarm on the other side of the room, but guess what? I would still get up, hit snooze, and then slide back into bed. Just have all of your workout stuff laid out the night before and as you're laying in bed, keep telling yourself that you'll get up in the morning when the alarm goes off. I still hit the snooze once or twice, but I have now been able to get up early for 4 days straight. Good luck!
BulldogLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #25  
Workin' It

Vertigo - I had one of those Peaceful Progression clocks for years and I loved it. I never used the scent beads though. The only problem I had was that I often got up after the sun was up so I didn't notice the light coming on and increasing.
Sadly, mine shorted out from a static shock and I've never replaced it.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 06-04-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #26  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

I have close to 13 years of sleep problems behind me (and I'm only 28!) but my hours seem to be changing over the last few years. I'm still tired all the time, although exercise seems to be helping a LOT with my sleep. I still struggle to want to be awake in the mornings, but it's actually been a lot easier to get up the last week since I started exercising regularly. We probably have 5 alarms that go off in the morning, but once my cell phone goes off, I'm actually getting up. Even some this week, I've been getting up BEFORE my phone, after the first alarm goes off!

The alarm clock that I use is great because the beeping changes instead of having a steady beat. The tone lengths change, the space between tones change. It really helps me to keep that noise from getting integrated into my dreams. It's an iHome from a few years ago, so I don't know if they still have that kind of beep, but it's been great for me.
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #27  
Out is Through

Smile

I've had sleeping problems for years, due to late night gaming (and I mean LATE!) I used to stay up until 7 or 8 in the morning and then sleep until 2 during my days off from class. You have to gradually fix your schedule, it's not going to happen over night. I would sleep through alarm clocks, I even set it to ring at 8 separate times on my phone! Exercise helps a lot when it comes to getting back on track. I second the suggestions of sleeping half an hour early every day to see what amount of sleep is right for you. Obviously your body is trying to tell you something..just listen to it and you'll find your answer :]
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #28  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Over the years I have found that I have to get up right when the alarm clock goes off. If I lie in bed after switching it off, I will fall asleep again. Then as soon as I get up I go straight in the shower to wake me up. From there it's always smooth sailing.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #29  
I will do this.

Get a dog. I am up at 6:30 everyday.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:45 AM   #30  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

I recently got a verilux rise and shine lamp. http://www.amazon.com/Verilux-Shine-.../dp/B000F97B6M
It works pretty well but put it away from your bed because you can just hit snooze like all others and it shuts the light off...
In college I could set my tv to turn on at a certain time and i set it to a music channel like heavy metal and turned it way up! It scared my a** out of bed! You can try turning your tv on when you get up and setting it to a music channel turned up loud so you can't fall back asleep...
I have the same problems and mine was found to be depression... make sure you see a doctor if you're constantly tired even after plenty of sleep... Good luck!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote