3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   MP3 Player Suggestions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/172943-mp3-player-suggestions.html)

Daimere 05-30-2009 03:31 PM

MP3 Player Suggestions

I'm looking to get a MP3 player to help me exercise as a 10% goal gift this week. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer something 2 Gig or more but less than a 100 bucks. Thanks!

Kimmie1989 05-30-2009 04:08 PM

In my opinion there's nothing better than the iPod shuffle! I couldn't exercise without it.... I just clip it on to the shirt collar and go... it's awesome.

bacilli 05-30-2009 04:14 PM

I have an iPod Nano, I love love love it. The shuffle was great, but it's very small, and I lost it several times. The new gen shuffles are a bit bigger than mine was though. The nano runs about $140 but is on sale often if you shop around.

SwimGirl 05-30-2009 07:15 PM

I have a shuffle and an itouch, I love them both!! I love the itouch because it connects with my nike's to tell me the distance, pace and calories.. definitely more expensive, but it's such a good motivator! The shuffle is so easy to take along, I clip it to my bra and it's totally outta the way. The ipod nano looks good too! I am a mac kinda gal though!

-Aimee

MariaMaria 05-30-2009 07:36 PM

I like the Sansa Clip. Does what a Shuffle or Nano does, half the price, almost as cute.

Aurora 05-30-2009 08:28 PM

You can get an ipod nano refurbished for $99 from the apple store website. I got one when my sweat started messing up the headphones on my iphone. The nano is super small with 8G storage :)

zenor77 05-30-2009 08:36 PM

I have an ipod shuffle and love it!

Azbstsgrl 05-30-2009 08:38 PM

well I have the Sansa Fuse, has 4G in house memory and I shelled out some cash for a 16G card for it as well, so now I can fit almost my entire Mp3 collection on it, almost lol

runningmama 05-30-2009 08:41 PM

cheap player

if you are looking at new, my brothers both had (and managed not to destroy them!) SanDisk, they loved them. They were both early teens at the time and said they were easy and one even went through the washer and dryer and still worked. Walmart has them for about $30.

My hubby recently got a i-pod shuffle "gently used" on craigs list and paid $20. It works perfectly, so it all depends on what route you want to take :)

Becky

Daimere 05-30-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningmama (Post 2763178)
if you are looking at new, my brothers both had (and managed not to destroy them!) SanDisk, they loved them. They were both early teens at the time and said they were easy and one even went through the washer and dryer and still worked. Walmart has them for about $30.

My hubby recently got a i-pod shuffle "gently used" on craigs list and paid $20. It works perfectly, so it all depends on what route you want to take :)

Becky

I wasn't looking at SanDisk but now I may. I can get a 4 gig with expandable memory and great reviews on amazon unlike the others I was looking at. Although I will still have to do some digging.

Somni 05-30-2009 09:12 PM

I have an ipod nano and love it, a refurbed one would be in that price range. I also got my brother a sansa fuze for one of his xmas gifts and he loves that so far. The 8 gig version should be around 90ish give or take a bit or you can save some money by going for the 4 gig version if you won't need that much space.

stellarosa27 05-31-2009 11:18 AM

I'm an iPod girl all the way.

L144S 05-31-2009 11:33 AM

The new shuffle sucks if you don't like the iopd headphones. All of the controls are on this special set so when the headphones go bad you have to replace with the special headphones. As a matter of fact, I have not seen much advertisement for the new shuffle lately.

APPLE sells refebs on the website, usually a really good deal. I bought a shuffle ($49) to use in a waterproof case for swimming and walking on the beach.

garstar 05-31-2009 02:20 PM

I also have the sansa clip - it's perfect.

Cheap
Holds about 300 songs?
Very light weight
Clips easily to your shirt!
Comes in pink :)

spikedpunch 05-31-2009 06:08 PM

I have no recommendation as to what you should buy, but I will say that you should stay away from Creative products. My first Mp3 player was by creative, and it was great. But all of the ones I've gotten from them recently (only 2 in the last 2 years, both refurbished, so take that for whatever it's worth) have been junk. Plus the shuffle function on them doesn't shuffle nearly the entire memory, just a collection of 15 or so songs that the mp3 player seems to really really like and want to play over and over and over again for me.