Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 219/TICKER/145

Height: 5'10"

I'm with the others on this, taking time off from your friends might just be the thing that you need to re-jumpstart your motivation. I know that sometimes I need to do the same thing. I've heard that it takes 3 weeks to build a habit, so if you can get yourself into healthful habits it might be easier when you see the friends again.

I also think that you should ditch the dude. No guy worth having would say something like that about a woman that he truly has feelings for. I would even reconsider his friendship, I have never been made to feel uncomfortable due to my weight around my friends. Obviously they notice, but they see past it to the person inside
whiskeygirl862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #17  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Someone who would make me feel bad,or insult me,is not someone I would want to be around. I would defiently rather be alone.And if he is doing that because he likes you,which I doubt. That was just an excuse for is bad behavior.Then he is too imature for a relationship anyway.If you continue to let people treat you like that,then they will,and it will probably get worse. Let them know you are better than that by not taking that abuse. And it is a form of abuse.
Good Luck,Tracy
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #18  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

thank you guys 4 ur input, i really appreciate that. i did decide to go m.i.a for like a month. just to figure out who i really need and want apart of my life and hoping in the process the fact that i wont be around friends that i wont be eating bad or more than i should be. thank you again!!! i heart u guys.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 87.1kg/82.3/67

Height: 164cms

Curvaceous - first of all, CONGRATS on your amazing weight loss, you are an inspiration!

I don't know if I can add anything that hasn't been said, but I think your idea to have some "time off" from these friends of yours is a great idea. More importantly, to have the confidence to be able to say "I deserve better than this, I need to find out who my real friends are" is absolutely amazing. A lot of people will never do this, and as such, continue to surround themselves with toxic friends. Having the guts to weed out the negative people in your life is something you should be very proud of yourself for.

Everyone on this thread was right when they said real friends don't have to hurt your feelings to be "encouraging". For example, I was out for two dinners in a row at friends' places over the weekend and both friends went out of their way to accomodate what I could and couldn't eat (like gluten, etc). I was so grateful and their support and understanding meant so much to me. There are people out there who will do the same for you, and you absolutely deserve it.

As for the guy who apparently likes you - he needs to get over himself, if that is the truth. You sound like a really cool girl, you don't need to change for anyone - only yourself. There is a much nicer boy out there for you, one who likes you for who you are, not whether or not you'd be acceptable to be 'seen' with. This shows a complete lack of self-confidence in himself (for not having the courage to admit what he feels) and obviously his friends (who may judge him for not dating a thin girl). I'm sure you don't need that sort of negativity in your life right now!

In the meantime, stick to your plan, you are doing amazingly well!
yoursummerdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 6

He doesn't like you. Plain and simple. If he liked you he wouldn't be making fun of you.
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote