After a long break.. I'm back and ready to do it right

• Hello everyone! So I have a confession to make, I haven't signed on to here since February, and I have been eating terribly the whole time. My counter is way off, I am way too scared to step on the scale. As if summer and summer clothes weren't enough motivation for me to rethink my recent eating habits, this weekend I found out my mother is going to get married in September. I CANNOT be looking like a fatty in those wedding pictures that will be shown to everyone she and I know. Also, I am transferring to a new college I will start in fall and I would love it if I were at least at a reasonable weight by then. I need some serious motivation and encouragement, the first two weeks are always the hardest for me, because that is when I decide whether I'm really going to do it. Whether I'm really going to put in the effort or if its going to be another one day thing.

I am very happy to be back and to see that people from February are still on here going strong, as well as to see all the new comers! I am looking forward to getting to know you all and giving/getting motivation, encouragement and advice!
  • I say get on the scale. Get it over with. Become accountable to yourself again, however you choose to define and deal with it.

And Welcome!
  • Congrats on taking the first step of coming here and telling everyone! I am sure you can do it!
  • Hop on the scale with the knowledge it is part of moving forward. No turning back. Own IT! Right now the mystery knowledge of the scale owns YOU.
  • Welcome back!!!
  • Welcome back! I was wondering where you have been. I have also done horrible the last few months, but much like you, I'm ready to put my heart and soul into it again
  • Welcome back! I too went for a long time without coming here. But I have been back a couple of weeks, and have no intentions of letting myself do it again. I didn't want to see the number on the scale either, but I knew it was an important step to making the changes I need. It looks like you did great last time you were working hard to lose weight, so just remember, You can do it! Best of luck to you!
  • I recently underwent the same process, I'm now 3 weeks in. I lost weight over the summer, gained a lot back, lost in january and gained it all back by may. The first few days in may I avoided the scale and took time reading and figuring out my plan. I finally weighed myself in realizing that only by doing so would I know in the end what I fully accomplished... it's just a starting weight.
  • I do this, too. It was my second time... Thankfully I mostly maintain, maybe gain 5lbs back. I am just coming out of the funk and have been OP for 8 days now. If I can do it, you can!
  • Thanks everyone for being so helpful and encouraging! I've decided I am going to step on the scale tomorrow morning. I think the biggest reason I'm scared is because I'm pretty sure I'm at the highest weight I've ever been. But I need to remind myself that its a starting point, and if I don't weigh myself now I'll never know how much I actually accomplished once I get to my goal. One thing is for sure, I am going to be super nervous when I wake up tomorrow!
  • Welcome back! You'll look stunning by September.
  • Don't worry hun, you've done the right thing by coming back here and making the decision to take control of your weight again. I've been like that too - I spend a few weeks even months just binging and feeling the waist band of my jeans get tighter and then I suddenly feel terrified to weigh myself. But do it and then promise yourself that the scales will begin to decrease as of now.

You can do it *hugs*