Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #16  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

S/C/G: 305/293.7/165

Height: 5 foot 6

Oh, no. It's fine... was waiting on someone to crash the thread! lol That is a pretty good idea. I didn't think about that. I've gotten into such a habit of checking websites, e-mail etc. that I never think of just doing what I need to do first. Also I keep my computer on all the time (which is bad for the computer, I know) so getting into the habit of turning it off at night will take some work.

*Tries over and over to word this correctly and fails* How do I know what I have to do each day and in what order to do it and for how long and stuff and stuff? Ok, that makes no sense and sounds stupid and makes me feel stupid for writing it that way but does it make sense to anyone? I mean, I don't know what stuff people should be doing every day and I KNOW I can't just do a straight 2 hours of exercise and stuff. As for volunteering... I have tried to find volunteering stuff in town that I enjoy and can do and have yet to come up with someplace I like or that is taking volunteers... Yes, I have been actively looking. The next place I am thinking about trying is the Zoo which is close-by. They are always looking for volunteers. But anyways, how do I schedule everything so I can get everything done and not forget what I have to do that day. I have a planner but I forget to look at it. I dunno. Now this whole thread seems like a stupid thing to have posted and that I should have just left very well alone and not bothered with it because of how stupid I think I sound asking all these things that people my age should already know.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #17  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Arthwen- maybe your mom would pay for a gym membership as well, then you can make a routine of wake up, go to gym, come home & eat breakfast, and then on to other things.

having that thing you do each morning that is good for you and will help boost your metabolism will really create a sense of routine and help you to "normalize"

Last edited by carcar05; 05-20-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #18  
I know I can do it.

Don't feel stupid at all Arthwen- I don't really have good advice, but maybe write a list.

Make a list of all the things you need or want to do in a day. Then think of how long each of those things will require and create a schedule for yourself. After you do that a few times, you'll be in a routine that you won't need a planner for.

Weight watchers is also great- having a weekly meeting to go to and people to support you in person can help motivate you to stay on your schedule. You won't want to disappoint your WW pals!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #19  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

Ah, she doesn't quite have enough for a gym membership for me and just informed me I am going to have to find my own method of paying for WoW. WoW is not a whole lot and I know I can do it. Now with me not paying mom off for that Wii I can. lol

Also I hate gyms... everyone looking at you as you work out and making faces as they pass... I don't like gyms... which is why I got WiiFit... bring the Gym home and it has that videogame feeling so it's more fun.

Isn't it unhealthy to work out on an empty stomach? I do take out Molly as the first thing I do every morning but I don't think I'd be able to go straight to working out on an empty tank.

Oh, I tried the list thing and I kept losing the list cause I'd do it the night before and forget I made the list. Did I mention I got memory issues? lol Makes for fun times with friends... "Didn't you tell me that already?"... "I dunno..."

I guess I could make the list and, like, post it on the door so I see it every time I take Molly out...

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 05-20-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #20  
I know I can do it.

Yes! Maybe post a list to the refridgerater-

Something else I do is write notes to myself. For example, if there's a certain food you eat a lot of write a note to yourself on the container of that food reminding yourself not to eat too much of it.

Put a note on the bathroom mirror reminding you to check your schedule, and to eat healthily. I don't know- just trying to help ya out

I always work out on an empty tummy, but i can't eat in the morning or i throw up haha

Last edited by carcar05; 05-20-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #21  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

Yea, I should start doing that too... I bought a lot of sticky notes a long time ago and still have tons! I guess I could try doing that.

I found that I feel sick first thing in the morning until I eat something. Same feeling if I haven't eaten in a while I feel sick again.

but what sort of things to people normally have to do every day? (besides work/schoo/kid stuff...)

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 05-20-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #22  

Height: 5'6"

I won't tell you to get rid of WoW, since I still play it. Not as regularly as I used to, but still.

There have been some great ideas here, get your stuff done before you log onto the PC. Then you can relax and play.

Or do what my hubby does. Use the in-game calendar to set timers for stuff. It'll pop up an alarm for you, without the irritating buzzers. Just remember to cancel the alarm once it's done, or you'll be told every day for 3 weeks to turn the oven on at 6:30pm :P

My typical day, since you asked:

5am Work out
6-7 Get ready for work
7am Breakfast
8am Leave for work
8pm Get home from work, cook dinner
9-11 Catch up on 3FC forums and my guild forums, maybe log on and say hi

Then I get to sleep!

Last edited by bacilli; 05-20-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #23  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

OMG, you can do that?! I haven't fiddled with the in-game calender so I don't know how to do anything... That's another good idea... It can tell me each night when to do the dishes (since I say I'll do them then forget... go figures)...
Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #24  

Yeah, if you just invite yourself or your alts, it will only pop up for you. I personally rely on lists, but hubby loves the in-game thingy for his days off. He should be home from work soon, I can ask him how he does it and let you know, if you'd like.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:18 PM   #25  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

That would be fantastic! Work sure takes people's time...

I just checked out about the volunteering thing for the Zoo and the orientations start in Sept...
Old 05-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #26  

Ok, he says to right click on the clock on the mini-map. You can set an alarm time and message, then click the "alarm disabled" button so it says "alarm enabled". Then the alarm will go off every day at that time, and will give you a raid warning mid-screen too. If it's a one-time alarm, disable it when you're done. If it's a daily reminder (ie water your plants), you can leave it on and it will remind you daily.

Have you considered volunteering at a local animal shelter? The ones in my area ALWAYS needs people, even if it's just to give the animals human interaction.

Last edited by bacilli; 05-21-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Work/School does take up alot of time, sometimes I think sheer boredom is a big reason why people do those things in the first place.

I actaully don't have a full time job right now, I spend my days exercising, walking dogs(my current job), cooking meals, volunteering at the animal shelter, spending time with friends and family, surfing the web, reading and looking for a full time job.

Before I started losing weight I spent ALL of my free time sitting around, watching TV and playing on my computer. I was bored an unhappy so I decided to find other things to do. Now I fill my days with as many activities as possible, I still watch TV and play on the computer, but now I spend about 3-4 hours a day doing those things instead of 8-16 hours a day.

You just have to find things that work for you, but for me once I started adding more variety to my life that lead to wanting to do different activities and so on...

Zoos take volunteers? That is so cool, I'm heading to the zoo as soon as I can to check that out!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #28  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Newshinyme, thats exactly what i was thinking! I would do something like, get up, have breakfast, take dog for walk, come home and clean house, have lunch or take a break if you want or if its late enough, do exercise, do volunteer work, WoW in afternoon/evening when you are tired You could make an hour of WoW your reward for working out or cleaning etc.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:09 AM   #29  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I would suggest starting a daily routine of waking up, eating a healthy breakfast, then taking Molly for a walk. If you can accomplish that in the morning the rest of your day is open for whatever you choice to do. That way you won't be distracted with WoW and finishing that instance or quest.

As for how long to walk Molly, it depends on her size and how long she's willing to walk with you. When I was taking my dog on walks I would just keep walking as long as neither I nor the dog were too tired. Sometimes it'd be a 20 minute walk. Other times I'd stretch it out for an hour.

If you feel like staying inside instead going for a walk, pull out the Wii fit. Don't forget Wii Sports. The boxing is great cardio. After just 5-10 minutes I can really work a sweat and feel it in my upper back and arms the next day.

The most important thing I've found about adding exercise to my life is to keep remembering my original motivation. That motivation helps me remember that to reach my goals I have to do actually do something about.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:15 AM   #30  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

Oh, you're talking about the alarm clock in-game... yea, knew about that... haha /doh

I just realized something... Molly has a case of separation anxiety... the kind that she continually barks/whines/howls and so on. I am still trying to work on her about that... so I can't really leave the house unless I take her with or arrange my friend (who is moving in 2 months) to watch her or have her dog baby-sit her (she seems to be less quiet that way but we don't know for sure...). So whatever I do outside of my apartment I have to do with her... and she is scared of everything which makes long walking hard on the both of us since there are so many busy streets, dogs (she's ok most times with just one going by but numerous ones or BIG ones she gets scared) and people that she would constantly be tripping me. I do try to get her out during the busy times of day for her to try and get used to the people and whatnot. She is finally somewhat letting dogs smell her and going up to dogs rather than running away but she still does try to run sometimes. Anyways... the dog park may the farthest we go for walks... and it's a block away.
Closed Thread