hopefully a final fresh start

• well ladies some of you might recognize my sn Ive only been here for years and well nothings really changed. I'm still obese. Ive taken what i think is a drastic change, i have gone off my former BC. and had an IUD inserted. i have worked my *** off only to be discouraged because no changes come. i have been gaining and gaining and not losing anything. so i went off the BC with hormones. i really feel that it was sabotaging all of my efforts. i had the copper IUD inserted which has no hormones. Although it was the most painful thing i have ever gone through i am very anxious to see if i can go back to who i was before: no fits of depression , or frustration. No horrible cramping, and weight gain that makes me lazy. i want to be the happy , exciting, fit, patient, energetic person i was before BC. i hope Ive made the right decision and things will get better. I start my fitness routine back up on Saturday. I'm going to do chalean x . i hope that this time i can see a difference eventually. I'm excited. Ive been off hormones for only 2 days and my appetite is already different. so fingers crossed. wish me luck . ill be posting how things are going if anyone want to be a buddy with me well check in and keep each other accountable! everyone is welcome!
  • Welcome back!

Congrats on making big changes.. sounds like you've got a plan and lots of motivation, which is great!

It turned out hormonal BC made me really lethargic, which obviously makes it hard to exercise enough, not to mention how difficult it was to do well in school, spend quality time with my husband, etc. I ended up depressed just because life was so hard! Since I got the copper IUD I feel soo much better. It didn't lead to weight loss, but that was my own fault. And, hey, 10 years of better-than-the-pill protection?? You can't beat that.

Allow me a little rant here... Doctors and pharmaceutical companies like to deny that nasty side effects from BC are possible. While I understand not wanting to freak people out about it unnecessarily, since most women do have perfectly lovely experiences, it sometimes belittles the very real side effects that a minority of us experience.
  • Good luck re-starting your weightloss journey! I'm sure youll do great! My BC is awful, but Im on a pill that has a low hormone dosage, so I'm sure it could be worse!
  • Congrats on getting back on track. It sounds like it has been a long road, but your finally getting to the road you want to be on. If you want a buddy, I can use all of the accountability I can get a hold of.
    Good Luck
  • Congrats for getting back on plan!

Don't get me started on hormonal birth control - pumping all of us with that many hormones CAN'T be good for us...
  • that's awesome! I just got off hormonal birth control (the pill) about 2 months ago (due to a break-up) ha ha. But I've thought about the copper IUD thing... it scares me, but it sounds like a lot of girls on here had pretty good experiences with it.
    Being off birth control, which I had wanted to get off of even BEFORE the breakup, is amazing! Being on BC made me feel like my emotions were artificial, it made me depressed for no reason all the time, and bloated. I can actually feel my feelings (if that makes ANY sense to anybody), I don't feel 'artificial' anymore....And I don't have those constant, for-no-reason depressed feelings, and the bloating did take about a month to go away but now that it's gone... amazing!
    Best of luck to ya!
  • Welcome back girl!!!

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey.. You can totally do it!~!
  • Welcome back and I'm so excited to see all your successes!
    I hear ya on the BC. I'm on my 2nd month of a low-hormone pill and have already found HUGE differences. My last BC had me as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde 50/50. Good luck chicky
  • Well so far so good already a huge difference in appatite and energy. im thirsty all the time, and im way more hyper i hope it keeps going this good!
  • today was good. i worked out and yesterday too , i had my first guitar lesson today that was exciting although i didnt do well on my diet. but tommorrow ill do better
  • There's so many different types of birth control to be honest. I never had a problem with the one that I was on for years, but then Planned Parenthood had a bunch of their funding cut and they started using another, cheaper kind (since the one that I'd been using went sky high in price), and though they said it wouldn't make a difference... I went through three others that totally SUCKED. Like someone said above... totaly Jr. Jekyl Mr Hyde deal.... felt like crap. I'm about to go back on it again, after a year, but this time I'm demanding my old pill!!!!

It really DOES matter what kind you're on darn it!!!
  • Good luck with your weight loss!! My weight wasn't coming off so I just got tested for hypothyroidism. It's crazy, I never really thought of all the factors that could prevent me from losing weight until I tried doing it. So many foods, medicines, genes, etc. play a part in weight loss and they all need to be considered. How time consuming! Phew! But, keep up the good work and good luck with the birth control!