3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   My husband is finally converted! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/171449-my-husband-finally-converted.html)

ValRock 05-11-2009 10:10 AM

My husband is finally converted!

I lost 80 lbs after having my son in 2004. I did it all on my own as my husband was out to sea. But I've been doing my best to eat cleanly and have had a huge change of lifestyle since that point. In spite of a HUGE weight gain during the pregnancy with my daughter.... I'm still working on taking that 10 months off! More than halfway there :carrot:.

My husband has always been resisitant to my food ideas and insisted on snacking on his beloved chips and little debbie cakes *dying*. He was young and fit and it didn't seem to make a difference either way to his build. This year he turned 30 :p and noticed he was getting love handles! The horror!!!!

Last night he took our oldest to the grocery to pick up some things for dinners this coming up week. As a mother's day present to me... there's nothing I loathe more than a trip to the grocery for some reason. I was apprehensive. Trips like this in the past have resulted in several bags of chips and cookies. To my surprise... not a cookie in site!

Here's what he bought. Shrimp, Chicken breasts, a package of boneless pork chops, broccoli, zuchinni, brown rice, a few packages of steamer veggies, low sodium stir fry sauce, and a cabbage. He walked in the door and said "I thought we could do some stir fries... I like the leftovers in my lunches."

Where is my husband and what have you done with him?! I guess he has been paying attention :).

skinnywish 05-11-2009 10:51 AM

it's always nice when the husband catches on, hey? i can't say my hubby is that advanced yet. he would have bought all of those healthy things, plus a bag of chips and a case of coke....oh well, baby steps!

shantroy 05-11-2009 11:00 AM

My bf is slowly converting, since getting a desk job he's got a bit of a belly.... He's started biking to and from work 14km (almost 9 miles) each way and his slowly trying to eat healthier. He still has a major weakness for ice cream though. He's better acquainted with Ben and Jerry than I am!

beerab 05-11-2009 12:11 PM

That's great! My hubby is the same way- he's slowly eating healthier and healthier- it's fantastic! Sure he'll still have a fudge bar at night and he'll drink a coke a day, but he's been eating his veggies at dinner and doesn't snack on chips like he used to- slowly but surely :D

JulieJ08 05-11-2009 12:17 PM

That's really cool!

MadameZombie 05-11-2009 12:30 PM

Oh wow... My boyfriend does this SOME of the time. He has always been a big health maniac but since he's slim and muscular he can indulge in things like burgers, cake, fries... Things I can't eat everyday. The other night I was discussing what to make for dinner and he says "I'm going to make taco dip with sour cream and cheese..." and I stopped him right there...

To make matters worse his younger brother has moved in with us, a 16 year old kid. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A 16 YEAR OLD KID EATS?!?! My god... I don't know how his body functions on chips, Doritos, burgers, cup of noodles, chicken patties, piles of mayo, ice cream, soda and on and on and on.

I never really liked those things to begin with but when I make dinner I have to take into account that he's not going to like skinless boneless chicken breast with steamed vegetables and brown rice. It's hard sometimes!