3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   My stomach(s) !!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/171392-my-stomach-s.html)

beautifulmess 05-10-2009 04:48 PM

My stomach(s) !!!

GOD.

Ok, I'm doing good with eating and exercise but I feel like no matter what I do...I can never get rid of my humongous tires! yes, my stomachS. I have a top one and a bottom one...or it just kind of folds over when I sit. It's SO disgusting! and it makes me feel like a monster, I find when I'm sitting I can rest my arm on it like it's some kind of table. I do 100 situps every day and don't eat/drink any garbage. I also jog and dance. I dunno what else to do.

My biggest problem is my midsection---> my BOTTOM stomach, do you know what I'm talking about? that muffin top thing on the bottom. I just hate it soo much and it won't go away, it never does no matter what I do. Does anyone here have any exercises or ways to lessen the bottom stomach? it's getting on my nerves and has been stuck on me my whole life. :(

aneleh 05-10-2009 05:38 PM

Yea I have a spare tire too, but it seems only to be noticeable when I'm bloated or gain a few pounds nowadays. Yours will go away as your weight keeps going down, believe me. Just keep at it!

CountingDown 05-10-2009 05:46 PM

Keep up with your exercise, it will help. Of course the only way to get rid of it is to continue to lose weight. Unfortunately, for many of us, that area is the last to give up its fat. Don't give up, it WILL get better. I promise :D

sassybangs 05-10-2009 08:57 PM

i def say keep up with the exercise! that way youll keep losing evenly. but i would try throwing in some reverse crunches when youre doing your ab workout. its like lifting your butt to 'crunch' the lower abs. trainers say it works that lower 'pooch' area (i hate that word!). so yeah, i would google reverse crunch, watch a few videos to learn proper form, and work them into your regular exercise regime. hope it helps!

KEmery08 05-10-2009 09:10 PM

I completey understand what you mean about this. My stomach seems to be the only place that I gain weight & NEVER lose it. It sucks! I'm hoping to find some more ideas out after meeting with a personal trainer.

Ija 05-10-2009 09:53 PM

There is no exercise that can target belly fat. Doing crunches only tones the muscles underneath the fat --it doesn't get rid of the fat itself. The only way to get rid of your muffin top is by losing more weight all over by creating a calorie deficit. That means eating less and/or working out.

Loraloo 05-10-2009 10:06 PM

I totally agree! Exercise is really the way to go! I can't wait to get rid of my spare tire and my double set of boobs!! UGH!

beautifulmess 05-10-2009 10:56 PM

you guys, thanks so much for the replies!! :)

ShutterK 05-11-2009 12:13 AM

Right there with you, friend. I'm totally looking forward to getting rid of the 'Mommy Flap' (which is what mine is).

ursurvivor 05-11-2009 10:18 AM

Try exercising on a balance/yoga ball. It very effective. Also try a colon cleanse. I did one and lost 5 pounds, my belly really shrunk. (I did it to cleanse but the weight loss was a nice bonus) Now I'm not as puffy and bloated. And of course aerobics to burn fat.

Tryingtostayskinny 05-11-2009 08:48 PM

I do the crunches to target the lower abs and it helps tone up. It won't get rid of it though!

munchievictim 05-11-2009 09:04 PM

I also recommend reverse crunches, but it's true that you have to shed the fat on top of the muscle before the tone will really be visible. However, if you build muscle you burn fat so try some reverse crunches and build that muscle. :)
good luck--I have the same problem. I'm about to take my own advice and do my obliques, regulars and reverses.