Old 05-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #61  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Good Morning Girls,

Taylor: Hurray your done!!!! Nothing is better than that breath you take after you leave your last final and realize your done. Your Red Rocks visit sounds like "fun" LoL

Stella: Better than me with the yard work. I think living in a condo or townhouse is for me, the house with a yard crap is way overrated.

Nish: My sister was on yaz for about a month, she was doing ok until she had to keep refilling the damn thing every 30 days. Yaz is not cheap even with good insurance.

Me Time!

I am soo looking forward to this weekend. I am getting my nails filled and a pedicure oooh yummy so excited. I am currently working my tail off at work my accounts are still all shot to ****. I have 35 reconciliations due by next wed, its going to be a tough few days. On lighter news, I lost 2.2 lbs this week by eating ice cream and being fat LOL. I have underestimated the power of water, I started drinking it again in serious quantities and it seems to be helping alot. I try to get at least 1 big Smart Water bottle drank every day (oh yes I refill those puppies too). They are too damn expensive just to throw away. Well time for me to go and visit the little girls room, my water drinking is catching up with me LOL.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #62  
I will do this.

Bee I understand about peeing a lot. i SWEAR in the bathroom more than anyone I know. With my double fiber bread and my water.....geeze. When I buy a house I want the bathroom to be the best room.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #63  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Default New Here! : )

Hey guys!

I just joined the forum yesterday, and decided to come here. Am I the only one with my nose in multiple forums or am I allowed to do that? Anyhoo, trying them all out to see which ones fit me.

Been following most of the conversations, and I have the following to say:

1) I think I agree with the general consensus here that the velour track suits= very no. I remember wearing those in the early 90s in grade school, and I think they should remain there, along with the bad hair and the perms.

2) Congrats to you guys finishing school, whether you're graduating or finishing finals.

3) Icon- Hope your cat feels better. I will have to take my kitty to the vet as well... he has a spot under his neck; I think a bug must have bitten him or something.

So, my week... graduated and my family came in from Missouri, found out that I will be packing up and moving to St Louis on August 1st-ish. (I am going up there to return to college... not for grad school, but for dual BS degrees, in Biology and Psychology. I looked into jobs for medical technical writers, but you need a life sciences degree at the BS level for most of these places, so I decided to go back to school and get one. Only 3 years to go. lol)

Also decided that I would try to lose weight before I started school there, so I could get into healthy eating patterns before I go through all this anxiety again, of being in a new place and a new school. (And not being engaged anymore... but that's a whole different story.)

I also started working as a full-time employee at a non-profit org here in TN. The pay is minuscule for a college grad, but it will at least pay for yoga classes, and other things I need to fund in the future, which makes me very happy indeed.

I look forward to chatting with all of you, you sound like cool folks. Talk to you soon!

Michelle
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #64  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Welcome Michelle! These boards have been extremely helpful to me so far - these girls are great!

So yeah, I just had this training call and I feel like I got the crap kicked out of me. A little background - I work with hospitals around the country who do bone marrow transplant research. When we have a new study, we have to train the docs, so today I had a conference call. Usually I have one of the study chairs on the call with me, but he just had surgery so couldn't make it. Anyway - we're training on this "newer" method of transplant - so I'm on this call, doing my spiel and the doctor is asking me these HARD medical questions. I'm not an idiot and I've done about 20 of these calls, but I'm like um, I have to get back to you. Turns out this is the guy who INVENTED the newer method of transplant and I just made a complete fool of myself. I just typed up an email to the study chairs and was like well, I hope I re-stated all of his questions correctly. I hate feeling stupid! Sometimes they just ask us questions and its like okay, there is no MD at the end of my name...if there were, I would NOT be on the phone having this conversation with you.

4:45 can NOT come soon enough. I'm going to watch my DVRed episode of the Real Housewives of NJ, make dinner, then watch the hockey game. I cannot wait for tomorrow at 5pm.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #65  
I will do this.

I just got back from my trainer and I worked out for an hour and 1/2

And I dropped an inch and half in my waist and 1/2 in my hips. Heck. Yes.

I am going to drop off my paper and then walk to the park with my boyfriend and work on our cast with our fly rods.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #66  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Michelle WE are freaking cool folks! haha, we have fun! Good luck losing weight and getting healthy habits before round 2 of school!

Taylor - You are the SHIZNIT! I swear girl you are working so hard, i'm jealous! Go get it girl! Good Job getting your paper done! Thank goodness its over! I can't wait until i can see the finish line!

Stella - Don't feel dumb, why was he asking you questions if he invented it! But AMEN tomorrow after work can not come soon enough! So sorry the capitols lost, are you goign to root for the penguins now? I'm so pretending i know about hockey, but i'm catching on! haha!

Dude so on monday night i must have slept wrong because my gosh dang neck is MESSED up! I can't wait for it to go away. Missed the gym yesterday because BF forgot his socks, but oh well i'm in pain anyway, i pushed myself to hard this week which i know better cause I've been MIA from the gym for almost 2 weeks now! OH well, we're going today, and tomorrow is our date night since it was the BFs b-day last sunday and i didn't get to take him out! SUSHI SUSHI! YAY! have a good thursday ladies
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:51 PM   #67  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

OH yeah, and NISH, i read your response to me and couldn't help but picture you next to the guy with the open wallet! That's hilarious!! You are so funny, I swear I was like you just a couple of years ago!

OH and I work in SCOTTSDALE and everyone here sports the velour with bebe on their butt,its terrible, even if they are smoking hot! Stupid fake barbies! hahaha!

Last edited by DanSinDeva; 05-14-2009 at 04:52 PM.
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #68  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Oh, I *wanted* the Caps to lose. My team is the NJ Devils. I was quite happy the Penguins won, and I'm even wearing penguin earrings today just to goad the DCites.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #69  
I will do this.

I am going to enjoy three beers tonight. And only three cause that's half of what the boy and I bought.

Each are 99 calories and I am going to enjoy it. I worked out for an hour and 1/2 and was being active for at least an hour in the park..

The boy wanted to grill steaks...I opted for organic chicken breast, broccoli and brown rice so I am gonna drink those beers!

Plus - it is my gift to myself for a successful semester.

Tomorrow I am going to the gym for 40 minutes of cardio and then the boy and I are going on a hike.

Yay summer activities!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #70  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Yay!

Good news guys,

I finally went to yoga class after almost a month of not being there. I have to say that it was a good workout, especially since I haven't been in forever. I was sweating a good bit, but nonetheless thinking how happy I was to be there. I had really missed it.

I am going on a date tomorrow... a male friend of mine and I are going to see Star Trek. I have a way of staving off movie-food cravings...I have a large purse so I usually put something in there from home like a fruit and nut bar or something that's easily portable. Movie food is definitely not healthy for wallet or my waistline so I can't really justify doing anything other than the aforementioned. As for my date understanding the vegan thing... I don't know, he seems like a tolerant enough guy. But I'll definitely let ya'll know tomorrow after the date! : )

Michelle

Last edited by miss shelly84; 05-14-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Mishap in the HTML code... won't happen again. : )
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #71  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hello my fellow ladies!

I hope everyone is well! Today was field day at my school. The kids thought I was INSANE for doing obstacle courses, dizzy bat race, 50 meter dash, etc with them. Guess I'm not your typical teacher. I was actually racing my kids..... and losing.... but that doesn't really matter. We had an awesome time. I even beat one of my skinny teacher friends in a race! Ha take that !!!!!! Okay, so maybe my kids are right, maybe I am a little insane??!? I think that might be a WHOLE different topic.

Bliss: I had bad news with Yaz. Made me crazy! I cried almost nonstop and could flip out and bite your head off in the next breath. I had 0 sex drive and I continually piled on the pounds. I don't care what anyone says. I know body and I know that stuff was bad news!

Welcome miss shelly!
Here's to Friday! Go out and kick some boo-tay!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #72  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hi ladies! Tonight we had 12 people over for bbq and everybody brought dessert and we all pigged out. The important thing is, I had a GREAT time. I feel sick and am fighting the urge to purge (the good news is, I'll win this fight hands down) but tomorrow is another day.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:27 AM   #73  

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies. It's nearly 1:30am, and here I am on 3FC. I cannot sleep. I have been tossing and turning for like 2 hours. Errrrr. Darn coffee!
I stayed this whole week OP. Even walked about 4 times. I feel wonderful. Still upset about having to resign from WW, but crap happens. I will not give up.

leighish - The important thing is, you had a good time. We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time P.S. I seen your new Facebook picture, I can't believe how tiny you are getting!

miss shelly -

Heather - I've been looking at the new house progress on Facebook. Wow! I'm excited for you! You're so lucky, but I'm sure you know that

HELLO to the rest of the ladies.
It's a long weekend here. Woo Hoo
I guess I should TRY to go back to bed. Ugh. Good night.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #74  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

welcome michelle! Hope your kitty is ok, luckily here i dont have to worry too much about spider bites and the like, which is good because my kitten gets into enough trouble as it is! She looks like shes back to normal now which is great
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hey, everybody! It's early and I should be getting ready to go to work, but I just got on the scale and it says 220.4. I've been on plan so far this week and I'm so freakin happy. I'm not recording my weight until Monday. Me going into the 210s?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?! But for real... every WI being your smallest adult weight is like a high that keeps me going.

Sorry no personals, but I love you all. You keep me motivated.

Have a great day! And weekend too!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote