Old 05-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #1  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy I really need a hug and a good kick in the BUTT!!

I am totally falling back into my old slump with my thinking and being depressed cause i am not losing weight.

I knew this was going to happen I just did not realize it was going to happen already. I got the first 9 pounds off in 16 days and now for a week the scale has not moved. I am doing exercises each day. it it either part of JM30DS or i am doing the biggest loser segament one with BOB. I am also just doing the work outs from memorythrouhg out the day to get more exercise in.

I am totally feeling like crap because the scale has not moved at all. This is what happens each time. I get down 7-10 pounds and then I hit this huge Platue and then i am stuck and get all upset and then i eat whatever is here.

I have not done this yet but man i am about to.. I was so sick in my stomach when i go off the scale today and saw it didnt move that it took all i had to swallow my pills for today cause i thought what is the point the scale is not moving anyway..

What is the best way to deal with this??? If i dont get over this soon i know what is going to happen and i SOOOOOO DO NOT want this to happen..

Last edited by Shannon1983; 05-08-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/190/135

Height: 5'4

I feel your pain! For the past year, I have been going through spurts of when I try really hard to exercise, and then stop because I do not see a difference. I bought the Wii Fit, so I would do that for 30 minutes, followed by the elliptical machine, EVERY day, and maybe 1 or 2 pound loss.

However, I realized that while I was exercising a lot, I was not eating any better, so how could I expect to lose weight? Now, I use the Daily Plate (from LiveStrong website), and count my calories to the T.

Even though you are upset, just know that there are always going to be bigger hurdles you need to cross to get to where you want to be.

When I feel like I want to eat bad, I read this article from Women's Health that is an excerpt from the book Eat This, Not That. I may feel down, and want to eat ice cream, so I will look at the "worst frozen treat," and see that a cup of some specific ice cream is equal in fat to 11 strips of bacon (can you imagine how gross that is?). Just reading the gross facts keep me in line in terms of eating.

Maybe try a different form of exercise? I actually just ordered a kickboxing DVD that I am hoping will be fun. Just changing it up and doing something new will hopefully work different muscles and different trouble zones.

Then again, I am no expert. I just started, so it is easy for me to say what you should and should not do when I have not had to worry yet.

Just remember where you WANT to be, and what it will take for you to get there. Remember that you may feel down or depressed for a few hours, but think about how long you will be happy when you reach your goal
SarafromNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #3  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

You need to just remember you're in this for the long haul! Some weeks the scale might not move, or it might move in the wrong direction, but you can do this. You have to stay on play consistently though. Don't give up. We're here for you, and cheering you on.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #4  
Mining right right now...

S/C/G: 198/ticker/138

What usually helps me is breathing exercises. Seriously it works. It helps calm the anxiety you are feeling and helps you to refocus. Now why should u listen to me? Because I don't do it often as I should but when I do it makes me calm. But you have to really tune into it. Google breathing exercises.

If you go backwards you are only going to feel waaaaayyy worse and then you KNOW for sure you won't see the scale move. Nevermind the scale for another week and keeping doing what you are doing. Just remember weight loss is all physics baby. If you keep burning more than you consume that weight HAS to come off unless you are an alien. No if and or buts about it. The weight will come off. Don't sabotage yourself. Consistency and determination wins. You might want to up the ante a little. Again I am not where i need to be but I know how the game is played. Don't let it get to your head keep going.

Last edited by dymondndruff; 05-08-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: my grammar sucks!
dymondndruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Here's a bunch of hugs:

Its going to be a journey, and the scale is going to go up and down (or stay the same) along the way. You just have to have patience. I'm not a patient person, so this part is very hard for me, but just realize that this isn't going to be an overnight thing, and you just have to keep with it! Maybe just try to switch up your work out routine, or do a longer one...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #6  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Don't give up!

Remember that just because the scale is not moving doesn't mean you're not loosing inches! It might also be time to bump to a different routine if you're hoovering at a certain weight.

But you can do this! It's going to happen for you!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Stick to your plan and next week or even 2 weeks from now you'll all of sudden see a drop. At least that's what happens with me.

A few weeks ago I bought a bodybugg, so started working out a lot harder I had a 1.8 lb gain that first week! I was so aggravated, but I just made myself stay on plan and had 3.8 loss the following week. 9 lbs in 16 days is a big drop and your body is probably just saying whoa, wait, what's going on here.

I know you can do it!

Last edited by melwolfe; 05-08-2009 at 12:22 PM.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote