Favorite Low-Cal Candy?

• I know I've seen threads about healthy foods and snacks, but what about candy/hard candy/etc.?
    I just like to have something to chew on... and I'm tired of gum... it makes my jaws tired. I just don't want to use up a bunch of my calories on something insignificant.
    Suggestions... Please?!

• Twizzlers! I don't know the exact stats off hand, but they're not so bad.
  • I switch between using gum and using mints. Anything sweet is a trigger for me and before I know it I've whipped through 10-20 Werther's (or whatever other type of candy).

And when it's not gum or mints it's one of those healthy snacks that do the job.
  • Here are some low calorie candies you may enjoy:

Jelly beans= 4 calories per bean

gummie worms=32 calories

lollipops= 22 calories

tic tacs= 2 caloreis

1 twizzler= 37.5 calories

Hope that helps!

I myself am lover of sweets...
  • Gummy bears! That is, if we are strictly talking like total junk candy. I assume we are. Gummy bears, for sure.
  • Thanks!! Not necessarily "junk candy" if you know of anything along the same lines that is healthy I'd love to know!
  • I love the WW mini bars, especially the peanut butter and the choc. mint! They are one point but so much bigger and better than the WW candies.
  • I've noticed that there seems to be very little calorie difference between most sugar free and full sugar candies, so I've not found any truly low calorie candies. I also find that sweeteners (sugars and artificial sweeteners) can make me crave more sweets (which is why counting and logging my foods are so important, for me).

Sugar free popsicles are a bigger calorie savings, and take longer to eat, so they're my solution (but they aren't portable, and you can't carry a few in your purse).

I do buy Crystal Light hard candies once in a while (they're lemonade flavors).
  • FYI - I found 100 calorie packs of Sour Patch Kids! Awesome!
  • does Extra gum count? I love it.
  • i like blow pops for when im craving a treat ... its not that many calories and i try to pace myself and make it last ..... as oppose to a chocolate bar that i can just gobble down ...

i just found these KLONDIKE brand slim-a-bear ice cream bars 100 calorie bars low in calories decent in fat content ( for an ice cream bar ) and has a little fiber too ... oh and the best part is that they dont taste like a diet treat theyre delicious !!
  • I've had those Klondike bars! They're so good. I think they just give you a 100 calorie portion, as opposed to using a lot of substitutes.
  • SUGAR-FREE. These usually are a little bit lower in calories, BUT the big thing is that they usually have indigestible sugar alcohols in them (meaning if you are a normal person, having any more than one serving will give you stomach pains and the runs) which is a BIIIIG disincentive to EVER overdo it!!! I know it keeps me in check! lol