Old 04-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Default *****Weekly Chat April 26th - May 2nd*****

Hey girls. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Yesterday was 89 degrees here and absolutely beautiful!!! I had my 5K race for the Wounded Warriors Project Yesterday. It was great, I had a lot of fun and I did great. I wore my Foreruner so I noticed I kept like a 10:30 min pace. I ended up finishing in like 36:50 which was great because the course was actualy 3.5M (thanks to me Forerunner i was able to track distance). I attached some pictures. After the race I got my hair done and hung with my family and then went home drinking. It was an awesome day.
IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #2  

I'm glad you had such a good weekend. It must feel great to have accomplished a 5k and you looked awesome doing it!

Mine was so so my DH was in town for a visit which I was super excited about (he left a few hours ago ) and we did have fun but my diet went down the toilet this weekend. I just feel like crap now because I know I just pushed myself back a week for no reason really.

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself because I know we all make mistakes but I'm so not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will motivate me to work even harder!
kswood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #3  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

cake - congratulations girl! you look awesome and i know you feel great!

its been beautiful here too! ive been catching up with homework and eating super healthy staying below my cals and trying to stay focused. i havent made it to the gym or the park yet but i am going to try today and tomorrow. i wont lie i am behind in classes and this hw is taking a front seat to working out. hopefully i can wake up early in the morning and get a workout in be4 all of the day attacks me! anyway i made some whole wheat penne pasta with sweet italian chicken sausage and organic low fat red pasta sauce for dinner. i am going to have some broccoli with it and some peach tea crystal light!
i am so excited for dinner lol

i'll check in again later!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

CAKE!!!! Girl that is so amazing!!!! You are such an inspiration!!! Like seriously, I'm looking at the screen rooting for you like I'm at the race!!! Go Cake!!!

Kswood: That was yesterday. It's done. You enjoyed your time with your husband, and that makes it worth it. You picked yourself up and got right back on plan and that's what matters. Girl, you're on track.

Brie: I see you're doing well with the eating, and at least you can look forward to school being over soon.

As for me, I'm having a GREAT day, because.... drumroll please... I am under 225!!! LOWEST... ADULT WEIGHT... EVER!!!

Ya'll, I've been hovering over 225 so long that it was totally unexpected. I got on the scale this morning and had to get back on twice just to confirm. I coulda freakin cried. For me, this is like middle school weight. And this is after going out last night and having greek pizza and sangria. Maybe it was all the dancing up on sexy men. Thank you all sooooooooooooooooo much for all of your support!!! This site is really helping me stay on track.

Off to change my ticker...
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #5  

Beaka Thank you so much for that. I really did need a hug and Congratulations!! I love that feeling when you hit a new low weight it's so exciting!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

cake- looking good! Sounds like a really fulfilling weekend

Kswood- i felt the same last night, when i stress binged Just made me feel awful physically. Lets both put it behind us and have an awesome new week Cant change it now, all we can do is learn and move on

Bjeweled- your dinner makes ME feel excited!

Beaka- congrats! You change that ticker and savour the moment!

Gah, went to the dentist and i need 3 fillings I hate needles in my mouth so its not going to be a fun appointment. Dentist seems nice and friendly enough though so thats good. Man, dental things are expensive!!

And now that im home i have to do my ethics application (that i dont want to do) and clean the house (that i definately dont want to do). Grrrr!!

I used my new scale though! Anyone know what a good range for muscle mass, body fat and body water should be? I think im dehydrated, came up as 49% water, shouldnt it be aroun 60%??
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Thank you ladies for all the congrats.

Kswood - I understand exactly how you feel. However losing weight is like anything else when you mess you have to let it go and get RIGHT BACK on track. I understand you feel like you have pushed yourself back but honestly you haven't. You didn't eat bad for a week just a day or so. You will be fine as long you get right back to it.

Icon- Ooooo sorry about the fillings. I hate getting fillings. IT will be fine it is just one of those annoying things you have to deal with. I am glad you are loving your new scale and same as Kswood you just have to get right back on track. I am sure you will have no problem with that.

Beaka - WTG baby! That is so awesome! It is really is such a great motivator to reach a new milestone. Thanks for thinking I am an inspiration.

Brie _ YAY for staying OP!!! I will be in the 21 OP challenge with you starting you tomorrow. Look you have a lot going on with school and you will be graduating school....so HW is priority and you don't have feel bad for that. You stay OP with food and get in the exercise whenever you can.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #8  

Ghost I hate the dentist too! I avoid it at all cost but I finally went a few months ago and I needed 6 fillings!! SIX! I hadn't been in about six years though So now I'm going to try and suck it up and go at least every yr. Also I was just wondering what kind of scale you have. I'm looking to buy a new one but I dont have a clue what kind to get.

Cake Thanks for the support and I think I will be joining you on starting the 21 day OP challenge. It sounds like just what I need!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #9  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

kindra - come on over girl! we need all the support we can get!

cake -i love to exercise so i miss it very much. i have to haul my lard butt up in the morning and get it done before i do anything else. *sighs*

i am not a morning person

icon - fillings stink but i promise they are much better than having a bad toothache ugh

beaka - like ive already said yayyyyyyyyyyy! congrats girl! you deserve it! keep up the good work!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #10  
This is not a test.

kswood- yeah i hate dentists too! So i never go xD I havent been since i left high school, so that means i havent been for about 5 years so we are as bad as each other Well its not free anymore! Today i paid about NZ$100, and the fillings will come to around $600 i think. Although i did choose white fillings instead of metal xD

Yeah, i know fillings arent the worst thing, i would much rather have 3 fillings than three teeth removed! God i hate having teeth removed. So im semi happy to endure it lol

The scale i got is an EKS scale, http://www.eks-int.com/index.php?id=2. I cant find my exact scale on there but you get the idea. Normally it would have cost me around NZ$170, i got it on sale for NZ$85. It measures body water percentage, body fat percentage, muscle mass percentage and weight. It can store data for up to 12 people i think as well.

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 04-26-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:10 PM   #11  

ICON- yeah I'm going to have to agree that getting your teeth pulled is like 20 times worse than a filling but it is expensive. Everything I needed came up to like 800 plus dollars. My insurance did cover a big chunk of it but not enough. I got the white fillings too though.

Oh and those scales are way awesome they make my little digital scale look like something you would get at the dollar store.

Bjewled- I'm heading to that challenge right now.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #12  
This is not a test.

KS-yeah, its not the pain i hate, but the sounds! The crunching and cracking with tooth removal, ugh! Just knock me out from the start Unfortunately i dont have health insurance and even if i did it prob wouldnt cover dental. To get insurance with dental cover i would be looking at around NZ$23 a week, which is a tad too high for me.

yeah the scales look pretty fancy Its lots of fun playing with all the different read outs

edit: w00t i upped my weights at the gym today! I am now pumping a giant 2kg

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 04-27-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #13  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Good morning girls

Got back from Indy yesterday it's was so gorgeous there. Had alot of bad food this weekend maybe a run after work is due. Had a great time last night out to eat with my friends. I needed some happy time after this weekend only had a house salad with regular ranch dressing on the side with tater sour cream n butter. Toodles for now but I am sure I'll b back later.

Last edited by Bee20nine; 04-27-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #14  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Good Morning Ladies!

Weather was beautiful this weekend! Sadly, they weren't working on my house. I'm sure they were doing something else very important but you know how I think MY house is very important. lol Weighed in at 272 this morning. That is about the same. Maybe up a few ounces. Oh Well, C'est La Vie! I hope everyone has a great week!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Hi everyone! I know, I know, I stroll in an out like a freakin' stray cat but i've been busy. One of my friends has a boat so we've been out cruisin' the James for two days since the weather was in the 90's. Went aaaaaall the way to the ocean and back. Now I want a boat. LoL.

It was fun, but *I*, ME, little miss i-don't-burn-i-tan-perfectly, is out there in SPF15 and got burnt. And only in ONE spot RIGHT on my chest from my neck to between the boobs. And that is the spot I put the most sunscreen on because i'm terrified of having wrinkled cleavage. wtF!???!! It's not bad, but it's bright pink and in such a visible area. LoL. I'm going to have to wear t-shirts for the next week until it fades back to the color of flesh instead of a cooked shrimp.

Ashlan -- AWESOME!!!! And you look great, I bet everyone was so proud of you! Now you need to get your lazy bf to do the next one.

Brie -- Do your homework, or I am going to come and put you on lockdown until you do. You are so close to being finished, c'mon! Great job on the eating and staying OP though, you just need to balance it out so you can get everything in there... Maybe as a late bday gift, i'll get you a personal assistant. LoL.

Ghost -- You scale sounds awesome!

KS -- ECK! I hate the dentist too, but I keep my teeth in immaculate condition so that when I do go, they have nothing to do but clean them and let me run out of there screaming. LoL. I bet now you'll go yearly though, since it'll save you the cost of having to fix multiple problems next time. You need your chompers.

Bee -- Glad your home. Hope everything went okay.

Heather -- What *do* contractors do when they disappear? I have always wondered...

Beaka -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Anmd yes, dancing on sexy men always helps.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote