Old 08-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 313/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Question Wedding Dress alterations???

So I bought my wedding dress last week. Size 24w. Now I'm working on losing weight again, I have 8 months until the wedding. I was just wondering how many sizes they can take the dress in? Because at some point I'm assuming it will start to look warped.
nicoledg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #2  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

It depends on what style your dress is. Was it a special order? Mine was from David's Bridal and off the rack. When I went for my 2nd to last fitting, I tried on the next size down and it fit perfect. So I swapped them. I'm not sure if you are allowed to do that, but I did.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Depends on the dress. Mine was fairly simple (chose that for EXACTLY this reason) and didn't have any intricate beading. They were able to take it from an 18W to a 10...it required a very talented seamstress (among other things, the boned bodice had to be completely taken apart, reshaped, re-assembled with the newly formed boning, etc).

Find someone good in your area who specializes in wedding dresses, call, and ask them - they will be better able to assess your particular dress and how it can be altered without damaging the look.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Ya, taking it in generally isn't a problem. Letting it OUT generally is...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #5  
Heck Yes!

S/C/G: 235/231/165

Height: 6'0

I had a corset back on mine and that really helped because all you do is pull the strings tighter! If you don't have that, just find a really good seamstress . I agree David's Bridal is really flexible with things like that!
yesimhappilymarried is offline   Reply With Quote