Old 03-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #1  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Default ****Weekly Chat-March 29th - April 4th****

Hey Ladies!

I saw this wasnt started so I decided to jump on it!

I have decided I need to count calories so I am currently trying to figure out how many calories I need to eat everyday and how many i need to burn etc.

i hope this will help because i have goals that need to be met.

any suggestions are welcome!

have a good day!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Bjeweled- you could always use an online calculator but these tend to vary quite a lot. A book I read suggested loggin what you normally eat for a couple of days and reduce that calorie intake by 500, and just keep reducing until you get to a point where you are losing a healthy amount a week

Well, today I am going to drive miles and miles over the harbour bridge on the motorway by myself for the first time and i hope i dont kill myself or anyone else >.< I'm kinda nervous but i'll need to drive lots for my job in april so i better get practicing! Cant avoid motorways forever
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Well ladies the week is really getting off to a good start for me. I ran my 2.25 miles today and when i get off I usally get on the elliptical for 25-30 or so. They taken up so I waited around butas ya'll know I get impatient. So the first treadmill I saw someone get off I just jumped on it and (in the famous words of Forrest GumP) "I started running". Before I knew it I had run another mile and 1/2. Then I just called it quits as to not over do it and started my cooldown. But the best part is I got on the scale and almost passed out! I know this number won't stick by Thurs but it was just nice to look at it it......it showed 182.8. I was grinning from ear- to ear. Like I said I know it won't stick but it is less than Friday so even though isn't my official weight it does mean I have lost.

Brie - I have never counted calories a day in my life but Good Luck. You are doing so well what makes you want to change it up. You have POP for like 4 days

Icon - I know it can be scary but it just takes time. It is just one of things you gotta do. Try and relax and it won't be so overwhelming.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #4  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

Hi everybody!! I haven't been able to check in for a while...I am on the road with the hubby...I am sorry that I haven't been able to talk with you all too much. Being on the road and eating is very hard!! either all we do is eat or we don't eat at all...and the only exercise I get is walking back and forth to the truck stops...its not too bad though, we do walk a lot though, I have to pee all the time so I have to walk-run to the potty a lot! lol I was just wondering if you all had any tips on foods, or exercise? I don't even know my weight...I sapose that would be a good thing though...however I don't feel like I have gained weight...I actually feel like I have lost...
sharpie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

Cake- great news on the scale You never know, it may stick, but even if it doesnt it still shows you are doing awesome work! Thanks for the advice, i just gotta keep breathing. I have airbags, ABS....im sure there are worse drivers out there who manage this just fine....

Sharpie- i would just try to watch the calorie and fat intake each day, and when presented with a choice try to just make it as healthy as you can in that situation. I cant imagine being on the road for a long time and trying to diet, good on you for keeping going!

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 03-29-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #6  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 300(+).not sure. 160

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies!! It's been awhile since I posted. Alot has been going on with me & life. LOL
I'm back on this whole weight loss kick again. I really need to be accountable. I'm going into my third week of "dieting". LOL. Been active for about 5 months.

I am, however happy to report that i have LOST inches, in the first week! Not sure of lbs tho. I don't have a scale, nor do I want one til I see a significant difference. I personally know I can't ever diet, and if I want it, I'll have it... just in moderation.
The only things I have done different is:
1) I eat small, frequent meals throughout the day. If I were eatting McDonald's, I'll order a mighty kids meal instead of a quarter pounder meal.
2)Get at least an hour workout a day. Im a night owl, so I'll do my Richard Simmons Sweatin to the oldies in the afternoon, and then Walk Away the Pounds at like 2am. LOL
3) I have been drinking AOLT more water. I used to have a Pepsi with my meals for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner, and then some. I'd prolly say about 5 or 6 a day. Now, I drink plenty of water. Only having a sprite every once in awhile.

BEJEWELED: I hear you!! I need to cut calories too. I've decided that Im going to make my intake about 1,200 max, but I want to eat only 1,000 a day. Cool website to checkout: thecaloriecounter.com

ICON: I hear you too!!! I live in Las Vegas, here in the US, and for FOREVER I would never take the freeway!! I came from California, and I'm used to those driver's, however Las Vegas is a melting pot of all different driving types!! LOL!!
CrazyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #7  
This is not a test.

crazy- 1000 calories a day sounds a little low :O i thought 1200 was the minimum healthy amount? depending on whether your doctor has otherwise advised you and all that jazz
I cant imagine driving in LA! That would be crazy, i'd be so freaked out. At least i learnt to drive on this motorway so it shouldnt be too bad, but a brand new one in a place like LA... :S
Old 03-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Crazyhopeful - Not to be attacking you or nothing but I agree with Icon with that amount of calories YOU WILL lose but it may not be too healthy and on top of that the minute you eat 1400 cals you gain back what you lost and then some. I did a diet that ate only 1000 calories a day and it was SUPPOSED to be healthy because I was going to a clinic. it turned out to just be a big rip-off because unless I was going there getting the B12 shots and all that jazz I would gain. When I stopped going because it was costing me (250 bucks a week...yea I was that desperate!) I was still eating the same amount of cals but I couldn't live so I upped to 1300 and literally ended up gaining the 36 I lost plus like TEN!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #9  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

crazy hopeful- i dont think you should consume less than 1200 cals a day. thats the lowest healthy amount to consume and is VERY hard to stick with. if you are doing that amount of exercise your body will start to eat its own muscle tissue and that will make you tired and you wont get the results you want. i know its yr business but anything lower than 1200 is not healthy.
i hope you stick around here again i missed yr posting!

cake - i feel like i need more structure just to make sure i am not going overboard. ive been OP since monday but dont know how much i eat at all. and i am increasing my workouts i dont want to be eating too little or too much. i was at 191.5 and flip flopped all week and my weigh in today was only 189.5 i need to get past this and i dont want to get frustrated. i am still doing the fat smash just counting the cals i consume.

icon - you will be fine just relax and enjoy the drive. dont be too paranoid or you will freak out.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #10  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 300(+).not sure. 160

Height: 5'4"

Lol, thanks for your concern, icon, cakebatter, and bejeweled. I just made the decision to do it like 30 minutes ago. IDK if ill stick to it. I have a hard time sticking to anything. Well that is true. maybe I'll do the 1200. idk, ill have to do research on it.
CrazyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #11  
This is not a test.

yay research I know how tempting it is to try and get as low as possible, but we want you to be healthy in the long run too
Old 03-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #12  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

hey everyone

i am headed to the gym even though i am sore like i dont know what. back to do personals later. i cant miss out on this window of convincing myself to go to the gym otherwise i will be here the rest of the day

peace out
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

"Daily Plate" is an awesome site for calorie counting. I just started calorie counting. My goal is to eat no more than 1200 a day.

I also just started the 21 day challenge. My goal is to cut out dessert and exercise everyday for the next 21 days. So far, so good.
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #14  
finding my balance...

S/C/G: 216.8/209.4/135

Height: 5'7

Well, today I had a friend's baby shower.. the meal I did very well on, but I had 2 cupcakes afterwards... I'm making small modifications, but I have realistically come to realize that I can't diet, I can only modify what I want by eating less of it or making a different choice that I will equally enjoy, or I will just binge later. Been Doing the 30 DS every day, and really noticing results, very happy with it. It's been too cold/rainy here to start running like I want, but I'll deal

On a different note: I'm quitting my job.I don't know if any of you remember the problems I've been having with my boss talking behind my back, lying, and just being flat out rude, but it's gotten to the point I can't take another second. I'm finding a new job asap. I don't even care what it is, as long as I'm treated like a human being. It's just hard becaus I make decent money where I'm at right now :-(
well my bff just came over persdonals later!
tandifrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #15  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies.. I'm back! Well... kinda. I'm just got to work right now and as I'm here early, I decided to stop by 3FC real quick. I haven't been able to work out all week bc of my DD but now she's back to her normal schedule and is feeling a lot better. So starting today, I'm back again.

bjeweled I decided to start counting too... I got Calorie King book, heard that's really good. Good luck!

It sounds like everyone is doing quite well actually. I will be back on later for more personals.. One of my co-worker's computer got wiped for some reason and she's not that bright with comptuer so I gotta help her.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote