Old 03-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #1  
intern

S/C/G: 297/ticker/190

Height: 5'8.5"

Unhappy Rejected

So, I found this site sometime in January, and I was instantly inspired by all the success stories. I thought I had found a tool to help me achieve my goals. Then I found an ad for Biggest Loser tryouts.

I have spent the last month and a half or so pouring all my time and creative energy into trying out for the show. My best friend and I have filled out applications, sent in videos, and went on casting calls; only to end up exactly where I started. 291lbs. I realize making the show was a long shot, but I at least expected a call back or something, my story is pretty interesting. But, alas it seems I am not what they were looking for.

I am not posting this story looking for sympathy or anything of that nature. I just wanted to announce that I am now back on track and ready to begin my wieght loss journey on my own. I feel I was supposed to find this site, and apply to be on the Biggest Loser for a reason. The application process forced me to look at a lot of things that I often ignore in my daily life. I really examined how I felt about my current weight, and how I let myself end up in this situation. I have realized that I am not happy with my body right now and I need to make some changes in my life. I am now ready to be much more honest with myself about what I need to do.

So today I begin! Thank you to everyone for listening, and I look forward to learning more from all the amazing people on this site.

Frecks

freckfrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Good luck you can do it! With or without being on that show!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey, way to put yourself out there honey!
But you know what... you can do it without the show! Watch it to inspire yourself, and start kicking some *** in your home life.... not alone. But with all of our help!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #4  
Im changing my life!

S/C/G: 209/159/155(for now)

Height: 5'7"

Im sorry you werent selected as a contestant, but perhaps the real reason you found this site is so you could go through that process and become more in-touch with yourself, and get even more motivated!

You WILL do this, with plenty of support!
Vegaspunkermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!!

Ya know what? The deal with TBL is unfortunate for you, but at the same time, let me tell you something. I'm a theatre major in college but am also a working professional actress, and reality show casting is JUST LIKE casting a show. They're looking for a company: a balance of types, locations, ethnicities, etc., and they're only looking for a certain number of people to fill each role. While it's definitely true that people with interesting stories are more likely to make it, it's also just sort of a "right place, right time" scenario.

So way to lot let that get you down!! Keeping motivation up is such a challenge, but it sounds like you're on the right track
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

Yay for being back on track
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

What a great experience that must have been! We are happy to have you here with us as we all strive to be The Biggest Losers together!
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/TICKER/145

Height: 5'10"

That stinks about your rejection, but it's fantastic that you have committed yourself to losing weight!!! I'm just starting out too and even though it's only been a week, and I don't know if I've lost any weight yet, I feel better about myself and my eating habits. I used to lie and say I hadn't eaten when my friends asked me to go out to dinner and I wanted to, I would eat about 3 servings for every meal. I ate a bagel almost every morning! Now, one short week later, I feel healthier about my eating choices, and I'm proud that I can make small changes in my life in order to achieve my overall goal, health! Good luck with your journey! I'll be right there with you!
whiskeygirl862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #9  
angelmom313

Bless your heart...you are gonna do it yourself! Me too!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #10  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

you've have made your first step to becoming happy with your self! Congratulations! I love this site, whenever I feel down, I go to the mini goal/goal forums and read up, EVERYONE's story is fantastic and their hard work and determination is just what I need to get me through the bad days!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #11  
sugar is the devil

Look at how many of us are losing weight... and without a TV show to help! You can do it too!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #12  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Yep, you don't need no stinkin' TV show to lose weight! You can do it all by yourself! Kick some butt!
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

Good job for deciding that you can do this by yourself! It sounds like your friend might be in the same place and can help you too! I shouldn't say alone because whenever you fell yourself losing grip on the very strong motivation you fell now, You've got us! We are ALL going through the same thing and we WANT to help! Good luck on your journey and make sure to make yourself known around here. Look forward to seeing how you are going to kick some butt!
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote