Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #76  
cass

S/C/G: 167/ticker/90

Height: 5'2

well actually i usually do better when i go to the gym by myself. my mom is slow on the elliptical and they both think i do too much so i cant really push myself or do more than 45 minutes with them. (i try to go 26 miles once a week, it takes me over 4 hrs but it makes me feel really good)

but of course there are lots of days where i dont want to go, so on those days i beg my sister and we'll go do cardio for 20 or 30 minutes. i just tell myself to GET there. that something is better than nothing. even if i dont do cardio, if i only do weights its good. just 5 miles, SOMETHING. because i know the day i stop going will be the day i'm sore as he.ll. (no... i'm NOT looking forward to my muscles screaming at me when i get back to my workout routine)
Old 03-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #77  
cass

oh i forgot to add, i think i said before but i hope everyone can call me cass. its nice to meet everyone, i agree. names are good =)

has anyone done this challenge before? how does it usually go weight loss wise? i dont know how our team is doing, but i think we're the most active which is awesome
Old 03-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #78  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I usually miss these challenges. I hope everyone in our team sticks around. Although one person has not posted at all.

Good news:
I've walked more steps today than rest of this week. Also, I've been doing the 8 minutes in the morning workouts. I know it won't be like OMG DRAMATIC RESULTS but it is something more than I have been doing. ^_^
Old 03-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #79  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

You can count on me to be around for the entire thing, i need all the support i can get and this team is awesome!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #80  
Hooping my Life Away

I will totally be around, Kirsten. That is why I volunteered as a leader. That forces me to stay on plan and all that junk. ^_^

I think I should write in my journal/blog two things that exercise helps with. If I write it enough, I'll do it. In theory...
Old 03-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #81  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

ha ha i just forced myself to do the 30 Day Shred dvd .. i wasnt sure i would make it being sick and all, but strangest thing happened, im still alive lol. I did skip out on maybe the last 1 or 2 of each move but im actually quite proud of myself!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

I love how active our team is too

We are supposed to have a news letter, but it is kind of late . . . I wonder where lali is? I haven't seen her in a few days and it is unlike her to not update D:
Old 03-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #83  
shelby

S/C/G: 190/174/155

Height: 5'11

Hey girls! I'm Shelby btw.

When I don't feel like working out, it's usually because I feel sluggish and down. I try to remember the way I feel when I finish a run, which is usually energetic and strong and sexy. Even if that feeling only lasts an hour or so, it's worth it to me, and it usually changes my mood for the rest of the evening!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

I'm Laura.

My goal for tomorrow (especially because it's going up to 13 degrees!!!!) is to go for a good run hour long run. I think I'm just going to go and see how far I'm able to get with my intervals. Still planning to lose for Sunday weigh in!

Heather!! Congrats on your assessment, you did great! I can't even imagine doing one. Was it like the kind where they make you run on the treadmill while breathing through a tube lol?? Just kidding.... unless they did o.O

Goodnight all -- Have a wonderful day tomorrow (FRIDAY!!)
Old 03-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

I did end up running on the treadmill because the girl kept increasing the incline . . . I was at like 5% and just couldn't keep up by walking anymore lol. I also had to wear a heart rate monitor under my shirt.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:57 AM   #86  
Hooping my Life Away

I want to tell you an annoyance I have. I recently joined a Get Fit Lexington group on facebook. I thoughts maybe I could get some workout buddies. NOPE. Evidently, all these people are like, "OMG LET'S RUN 5 MILES TODAY. I THINK TOMOROW 9!" Then, the newsletter is like "your mission this week is to do 50 push ups and 50 crunches." I think this annoys me because it's remenescent of people, some of my friends who did this, who go on a diet and just do a ton of crunches and push ups thinking they will stop being fat by doing that. I'm over 80+ pounds over weight with bad knees. I can't run at this time not without killing my knee. I don't know. The whole thing is annoying for me. Since they are all OMG RUNNING, I won't ever get to participate and they whole "homework" thing annoys me. UGH. Not everyone wants to run. The time I felt like running was when my knees were great because of all the walking. And even then, I knew that I needed to slowly build. The other annoying thing was they texted me saying, "hey, we're exercising." Then called me 5 minutes later to tell me what they told me in said text. Obviously if I didn't answer your text, perhaps I was busy which I was.

Hello Laura! We are having good weather today. I just hope it doesn't rain!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #87  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Heather - Im glad you did the fitness test. Its nice to know where your starting from ya know. Then you can guage your progess much easier. You sound motivated! I love swimming laps. I run sometimes then get in the pool and do laps. Feels great on my sore muscles...

Shannon - My name is Stephanie but I guess thats pretty obvious lol. I agree that first names build more of a community! This may be cliche but I have photos of celebs that are my same height that I use for motivation sometimes. Or I make a game of working out to see how many days I can do SOMETHING physical in a row. I find when you go it gets addicting and gradually easier to keep going. That sounds really annoying about the facebook group...

cass - I did the other challenged usually keeps everyone on board for a 1 or 2 lb loss week after week. I love that our thread is so active the last one I did that wasnt the case.

Kirsten - Way to go just getting it done. Your too funny "Im still alive" lol

shelby - That is such a good point about how you feel afterwards. I always feel accomplished, my lungs feel like they hold so much air and I feel like a sexy runner. A girl could get addicted to that for sure!

Laura - Those are the best workouts where you just see how far and fast you can push yourself. I did the same the night before last but with only a half hour (time is rare for me lol)

As for me...

Booked a wedding yesterday. Its in Billings Montana so I will be getting to do some travelling (yay) and be PAID for it lol. Food was not OP but not terrible. My hubby made me homemade fettucine alfredo which is my absolute fave to celebrate. Got the cake made, and loooks great. None of it magically made it into my mouth which is good right? My engagement session for Saturday has rescheduled because the weather is looking crummy. I still have to go out of town on Sunday though for a meeting and a wedding so although my weekend got a little lighter I still need to stay on plan and focused if I am going to have a good weigh in on Monday.

I am almost non existent here on the weekends. I hope everyone stays on plan gets their workouts in and comes back with a big loss come Monday!
Old 03-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #88  
cass

congratulations on the montana wedding stephanie!

about the whole running thing, you would think if they were that into it they'd just join a cross country club or something? losing weight usually involves more than running, i'd be super annoyed too.

everyone seems to be doing well actually. i'm still losing like crazy, which i know has to stop sometime- i mean, how much water weight could a person carry?! i know all i'm drinking is apple juice and water but sheesh! i could stop losing today and have a great week. =)

Last edited by IcassiopeiaI; 03-06-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: because sometimes i type like a spastic *i couldnt even spell sometimes right lol (soemtimes)
Old 03-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #89  
this time it's for real

S/C/G: 201/159/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

Ugh. Yesterday was a disaster. I drank a lot of beer and a couple of very sweet other drinks (yes, I'm aware it was a weeknight) and so much awful food. A pizza. Popcorn shrimp. A cuban sandwich. Taquitos. More beer.

What's worse is that it's not going to get any better this weekend. My mom is in town, and, while she is usually very, very healthy (has done WW for some time), we're both big drinkers. I'm never one to give up the drink, but I feel like I finally busted that damned plateau and now I'm going to kill it all. Argh. ARGH. sdfjldfjlskdf;lsdkf

Plus, I don't have any time to get to the gym (the gym is near my work, which is 30 miles from my house) and with my mom here I can't come to work this weekend. It sounds like excuse after excuse, but I'm just projecting the way things are gonna go.

I probably won't be checking in till Sunday, so I hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #90  
Meow

Hey all! Sounds like everyone is doing a great job!

My name is Alana, eating pretty OP, so I am quite happy! You guys update so much, it is amazing! =]

I weighed myself this morning and I am at 170.0... Nooooooooooooooooo! hehe I thought I would be past the 170's :P Work extra hard tomorrow! heh
Closed Thread