Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #46  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Angeline:
Thanks for the support, honey! I wound up calling my mom and telling her about all my frustrations, and she graciously and awesomely agreed to give me a bit of money for new shoes. Very amazing of her! So, hopefully I'll be getting my butt to the gym soon!

Leigh:
****, she's gonna pass me next. The woman's a tank. She's like Tara from this season of the Biggest Loser.

Meredith: Thanks SO much honey. Yeah, you're right, I think a lot of people don't realize the stress and frustration that comes with a ton of schoolwork... and me overloading my semester by taking 6 courses was so.. so very stupid, lol...
That being said, I bet you've gone through some stressful times yourself in the past... what, 5 months I've been around seeing you work on your weightloss, and you've stuck to it! You're a superstar, and motivation to all of us.

Carter:
"Crap" food by nature tends to have lots of sodium in it in my experience, so it's probably just some water weight bloating. I'm sure you'll be back down tomorrow.

Me:

*Ahem*
Fluke!?!?! I feel like I skipped right over that evil 153 number!!! Which is amazing because last time around, 153 was the bane of my existence! I sat at 153 for like a week and a half. Is it even possible that this isn't some crazy fluke??? I feel like I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning and be back at 156.8....
I'm changing my ticker anyhow, the number just makes me too happy, haha.

I'm my mom's maid of honour at her wedding in April and my dress is just... a teensy tiny bit snug... it fits, and I can get it on no problem, I just always feel like my tummy is stickin' out terribly. And in June I'm a bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding, and when they measured me for my dress, I was like half an inch too big around the waist to fit a size twelve, so they wanted to order a size 14 and take it in. At the time, I'd been eating instant macaroni and cheese and greasy potato wedges every day. I insisted on a size 12, and the snooty woman there got very, "Ooookaaaaay, but it's really expensive to take it out...."
God, I wanna prove her wrong by having to take my 12 IN, lol.

Last edited by Jelbb; 02-28-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

131.6 it seems like TOM weight is going to hang around for 2 weeks as usual
Old 02-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #48  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Blcarter34 - Sorry to hear about the little spike in your weight, but I'm lovin' your attitude! It's such a good/healthy way of thinking to keep in mind how resilient weight is... I always forget that and just beat myself up so bad when I screw up, like the world is going to end and I'm going to gain back 90 lbs because I ate 3 cookies, LOL. But you're right--all it takes is a couple of normal days and it'll be right back down again! I need to remember that more often, heh. Best of luck to ya this week!

Jelbb - Oh yes, I completely understand about schoolwork stress... In fact, this quarter has probably been the most stressful 8 weeks of my LIFE, and I totally relate that to the fact that my WL stats were less impressive for the past couple months. I try to strike a good balance between all the things I'm juggling, but it's hard to focus on so many things at once--you never want to stretch yourself too thin, ya know? But when you finally DO emerge from all the craziness unscathed, you know you'll have a great feeling of accomplishment!! It just proves to you how strong you are. I think that's one of the coolest things about weight loss in general, actually--I get to think to myself, "Hey, I did that!" Anyways, WOOHOO about the 152.0!! Even if it is a fluke, now that you've seen that number you'll just be thirsting to see it again! Hehe. And screw that snooty fitting woman!! I've had my share of experiences with nasty salesladies... One time I was shopping for Homecoming dresses with some of my friends, and we went to a typical department store (where I knew there wouldn't be anything in my size, but I tagged along anyways)--my friends were asking this lady for help, and she says something like "Well, I can help you, you, and you... But YOU *points at me* might have to go somewhere else..." I wanted to slap her! Lol.

So ladies... I would like to put a disclaimer on today's weigh-in by emphasizing the fact that this number is completely inaccurate, and I do not vest any legitimacy in it WHATSOEVER, because when I weighed myself this morning, I hadn't had anything to eat or drink in at least 12 hours... So my body was pretty much completely empty/dehydrated/etc. BUT. The scale said 170.6. Um, WHAT?!?! So yeah, I am pretty much 100% positive that there's no freakin' way I lost 2.2 lbs in one day, LOL, and I'm keeping my ticker where it is, but it was kind of exciting even to see that number at ALL. It so was so surreal, like suddenly I was like, "Oh, hey, I guess getting into the 160s actually is kind of a real possibility, isn't it?" I've always thought of the 160s as being like, "normal people" territory--as in, I know of friends of mine that are normal-sized and close in height to me, and they're in the 160s... So I guess I feel like if I were in the 160s... That would make me almost normal? It's seemed so far away for so long that it's really weird to think that I could actually conceivably get there! But yes, I know I'm not actually that close yet, haha, and I'm sure I'll be back to 173ish tomorrow, or maybe a little less. But yeah, it was still kind of exciting.

D*MN, I just have diarrhea of the mouth today! I am very chatty! I think I'm just jittery about my concert tonight, heh.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #49  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

174.4 this morning, but full disclosure, we went to carinos and I ate my whole entree plus bread. So, you know. I have no regrets.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #50  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

133.2 today. pshaw.

i was 131.6 on tuesday and i'm trying not to get bummed out.... i've been eating SUPER op and working out a LOT! hope there's a method to this madness...
Old 02-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Well after a night of boozing at the bar... I lost 2 pounds! woohoo! I don't care if it's just because I'm dehydrated, I'll take it!

This is totally uncharted territory for me. Although I don't really *feel* any skinnier, I know I must be cause I wore a pair of jeans that were too small to wear when I bought them last nite! They're still a bit tight but oh so nice.

Last edited by aneleh; 02-28-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #52  
Keep on Keepin' ON

S/C/G: 190/179/150

Down 1.2! Finally broke my plateau!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #53  
Queen Yo-yo

Jahjah:
Boo for TOM bloating! Hope it goes away fast! Drink lots of water to try to fight it!

Meredith:
170.6!?! Well done, you! Hey, fluke or NOT... you're getting so damned close to the 160s! It's impressive as ****! And to be totally honest with you? You keep talking about "normal person" territory, and I gotta say, looking at your pics... you're already looking to be in "normal person" territory to me! Your "BMI" says you're technically no longer overweight at 163.6 lbs! You're so close! Yeah, I know that BMI standards don't really mean that much, since there are so many other factors involved, like frame and such... it's still cool to know!

Thanks for the support again over school. I hope you're doing okay as well! A major stress factor in my life right now is that my boyfriend wants me to up and move to Ireland when I finish school, and I'm starting to have major doubts. To be honest, I'm kind of liking the concept of going to college in the fall, something I can't afford to do abroad... and there are SO MANY financial issues that come up if I decide to go to Ireland... and my boyfriend's feeling my hesitation, so he's started to get upset, and hurt, and worried... and he keeps pressuring me to make up my mind one way or another, and I just DON'T KNOW. I don't know what to do... God.
ANYHOW, lol.

Leigh:
We all deserve a treat every once in a while. You'll bring it back!

Coraz:
Ahh, I'm sure it's just water weight and it'll go fast honey. Little plateaus can suck majorly, but... if you're exercising and eating well, your body will eventually catch up!

aneleh:
Yay!! Congrats on fitting into those jeans! 140, wowskies. I'm gonna see that number on the scale soon! *promise to self* Good job!

Sid:
Hey, wayta go!!!! Those plateaus can be disheartening, but it feels pretty great when you ride them out! Congrats!!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #54  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I'm 238.9 this week - down .7 lbs. something is wrong 'cause I did not exercise at all this week + I had apple turnover with caramel and ice cream *yum!* on thursday.. the week before I exercised alomst 350 mins and no change in weight!!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #55  
Queen Yo-yo

Jiggly:
Sometimes it just takes a while for our bodies to catch up, I think.
Well done, you, gotta love a loss!

Me:
Weighed in at 151.8 this morning.
Freakshow occurrence. Wowzers.
I still don't have running shoes, I haven't been to the gym. I must've been eating a LOT of calories a day for my body to have this kind of drastic reaction to reverting back to a healthy 1400-1700-calorie-a-day diet...
Old 03-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #56  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Jelbb- Look at how crazy and weird our bodies are! We just have to do MORE good things then bad and we will see results. I seriously can't get myself down about how I had some fat free ice cream the other night lol..that was my CRAP food

Meredith- OOOO I sooo cannot wait to be where you are...I'm pushin to catch up...u are sooo amazing in what you have accomplished here. My hero

Ok so I just weighed myself and the scale kept switching back and forth between 179 and 180!! Sooo exciting...that means I am ALMOST in the 170s for good. Not changing my ticker until closer to wednesday at least
Old 03-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Old 03-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 223/174/145

Height: 5 ft 5

188.3 today!!!! Woo hoo!! I've got to keep this up. Congrats to everyone on the losses
Old 03-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

gained 2
Old 03-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #60  
finding my balance...

S/C/G: 216.8/209.4/135

Height: 5'7

up 2. Gah. I have been eating really ****ty lately. Not alot of food just not good food. sigh. I'm getting discouraged. Maybe I'll just be this weight forever?
Closed Thread