Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #16  

Location: North Carolina girl, relocated from Pittsburgh. Go Steelers!

S/C/G: 179/159/130

Height: 5"4

I wash with Cetaphil in the morning, followed by a teeny tiny amount of jojoba oil around my eyes and forehead, and witch hazel on the nose and chin. At night, I wash with a stronger cleanser, usually something with tea tree oil to blast the damn blackheads, then follow with olive oil (lightly) all over except for nose and chin (more witch hazel).

A couple times a week I do a micropeel from Philosophy that is ridiculously expensive but makes my skin airbrushed smooth. Once a week I'll do a mud mask on my nose and any zits that have cropped up (usually around PMS time).

Edited: Oatmeal and honey masks are awesome too, as is yogurt. Carry on

Last edited by SarahSeesStars; 02-10-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: mo
SarahSeesStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #17  

Height: 5'9"

Spectro Jel
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #18  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I am 24 and have blessedly GREAT skin! But I use Neutrogena Oil Free Scrub once a day in the shower and then Almay pads to get any remaining makeup off of my eyes and then use a small dab of proactiv lotion.(just becauseI like it)
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I'm 25 and i use NOTHING on my face no makeup no creams no nothing (besides sunscreen) I just wash it with clean and clear and the morning and im good. And my skin hasn't changed a bit.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #20  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I too use nothing. My skin (on my face) is one of my best features and probably the thing I'm most often complimented on. I keep meaning to start wearing a moisturizing sunscreen everyday but it's a habit that hasn't yet taken off.

The rest of my body... another story! I think I have keratosis, but I've noticed since I've tanned and applied lotion it's improved.

Oh yeah I'm 27 and look younger than my age. My mom was a tan-o-holic and in her 20s was always mistaken for much younger.. by her 40s, people started mistaking her for much older. Now she's 54 and she says people have mistaken her for her 50-year-old friend's mother.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 221/202/160

Height: 5'-6"

PROACTIVE! It's definately not cheap - but there's a secret! You don't have to buy the three step system every month like they want you to. I buy three bottles of the cleanser every three months. Instead of $40/month it's $40 every three months! The cleanser is the only part that worked for me anyways. I also use Clinique's Clarifying Lotion (I don't know why they don't call it toner) and Oil of Olay's Oil Free Moisturizer. Also, Clinique's 'All About Eye's Rich' for my eyes.
Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am 29, but people think I'm in my early 20's. I do take VERY good care of my skin though! Also, I spend my days doing skin care analysis and recommending products for people... so I guess that helps!

I use:
Lancome foaming face wash, just leaving my skin so clean and SO soft!
Avene toner for oily skin, it has clay in it to absorb the oil. It's also for sensitive skin
Biotherm serum, omigosh! I love love love how my skin feels afterwards. And the thermal plankton helps to heal.
Vichy moisturizer & eye cream. I love this brand more than anything, and if I only could choose one brand, it's definitely my pick. I also buy mostly everything from this line for my mom, grandma, aunt and my boyfriend (their shave cream is amazing - he replaces his blades once a month vs once a week!).

My best advice is to moisturize and sunscreen! Anti-aging stuff is good, but a good moisturizer cannot be replaced. 80% of aging is environmental, so that SPF is really really important!

ETA - I also use a scrub 2-3 times a week to get rid of those pesky blackhead, it's the only thing thats ever helped me get rid of them!

-Aimee

Last edited by SwimGirl; 02-11-2009 at 01:34 AM.
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirgirlhotel View Post
Can I just pop in here (as a 34-year-old) and give some unsolicited advice to all you gals in your 20s?

Wear sunscreen and wrinkle cream starting now!!! Trust me!!

~CGH~
That's a very welcome tip. I'd been wondering if the wrinkle cream could prevent wrinkles, or if it only erased the ones you already have.

I'm 26 and was using L'oreal pure zone, but I can't find it anymore. I picked up some Oil of Olay total effects cloths, and I love the way they exfoliate, but it leaves my skin a bit shiny looking.

Thanks to everyone who popped in to share their regimen.

Happy birthday, Chance!
frieden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #24  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

S/C/G: 198.5/191/168

Height: 5'2

I'm 24 with acne. I work with adolescent girls and most of them have better skin than I do. I have tried everything except Proactiv...which I attempted to order three times with zero success...so I won't be purchasing that anytime soon haha. Just started with Clinique acne cleansing foam, clarifying lotion 3, and dramatically different gel. Already some improvement....wish me luck!
sarahnotsega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #25  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I use Lotus Moon
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #26  
It's time

S/C/G: 194/186/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm 28 and I use the BareMinerals Renewing Cleanser. I have problematic skin and it's really has helped my skin. It's a bit pricey but hey my skin is looking better.
jessicapina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

I have good skin NOW fortunately, but not without a lot of work. I break out super easy, and can hardly use anything on my skin without it getting irritated but on the plus side due to my Berber genetics, I have never seen a single visible pore on my body in my life and my sunkissed cafe au lait complexion is permanent. No sun necessary.

I use Noxema as my twice daily cleanser, and recently added in Deep Sea Cosmetics exfoliating cleanser once a week. For a toner, I splash my whole body with rose water, and I use Orogold Day Cream as a moisturizer on my face, and organic raw shea butter (they have an African store here in Richmond VA that sells it in 5 lb tubs) on my lips and body religiously.

Never have chapped lips, and my skin is smooth as a baby's butt.

No makeup. Just a coppery rose colored bronzer to highlight my cheeks and eyelids, mascara, and some shea butter on the lips and i'm good to go.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #28  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I'm in my mid-40s & Sephora is one of my favorite-est places in the world.

- I wash with NV Perricone's Alpha Lipoic Acid Nutritive Cleanser. (Sometimes it smells like baby powder; when it starts working, it smells like a sulphur mine.)
- Wednesday morning, I exfoliate with Clinique 7-day Scrub Cream
- Morning & day, I use L'Occitane Eye Balm on my lids & undereye area.
- Evenings, I put on Mamaku Fresh Night Serum
- Mornings, I put on Bare Escentuals bareVitamins Skin Rev-evr Upper, or if it's very cold outside, I slather on Dr. Jeannette Graf EP Complex moisturizer, & use that a lot on my throat. (Sometimes I put that on my neck at night, too.)
- I keep different astringents in my gym bag & gym locker because I have a tendency to break out on my forehead from sweat. Right now, I think I've got something from Kiehl's with tea tree oil in it, but I also have this big bottle of toner from Acca Kappa to use up.
- Once or twice a week, if I remember to, at night, I'll put on Philosophy Help Me (invariably while singing Joni Mitchell: "Help me, I think I'm fallin' ... in love again") before I put on my moisturizer.
-Every couple weeks I'll remember I have a couple tubes of Elizabeth Arden face mud (that's not what it's called -- I think masque or something) in my bathroom cabinet & I will cover my face with it & walk around till it hardens so stiff I can hardly smile without flaking. Then I will rinse it off.

I hope all this does something. Sometimes I fear I just do it to entertain myself & give myself the feeling of being a pampered odalisque.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #29  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

cetaphil. and neostrata toner and spot treatment.
I wear makeup almost daily but always moisturize first with complex 15 and a good eye cream (right now I'm using i love carrots for my eyes)

i use whatever generic eye makeup remover i can find - and always moisturize after I take it off.

I get really bad breakouts when i dont avoid dairy and eggs. so it's been pretty bad because I've been eating yogurt for like a month (i couldnt help it. it's SO satisfying)
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote