Old 02-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/239/170

Height: 6'2

Default so its my birthday today...warning...im feeling sorry for myself

i think i have reached that age where i suppose everyone kinda stops caring. i think. it seems that before i must have been a better friend or something. but i have tried to invite at least 20 friends to either go out with me tonight or go to dinner with me and no one can, everyone is sick or just too busy, i always make arrangements for my friends when its their birthday! oh and on top of all that. my man that im dating is have to work so he cant even take me to dinner or out tonight as well. its depressing. am i just being stupid and self centered? or is it that people just dont want to make an extra effort...lol its going to be my first birthday that i take myself out to dinner alone, (i got a free meal at robins for my birthday) i just need a good man that actually cares and will do something special you know? i just want something small...im not asking for a surprise party or anything...just something small and toughtful for my turning 23. does it get worse the older you get?
hotpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

First off, Happy Birthday to you!

YOU do something for YOU. Don't wait for someone else to--man or otherwise. If your friends and guy aren't right for you, make this year THE year to find new ones! Don't make it a pity party, make it what YOU want!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I wouldn't be so quick to take the story that they are all busy. Sounds to me like there could be something going on that you are not supposed to know about....yet
Happy Birthday and let us know if a surprise comes your way!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Second, birthdays that happen in the middle of the week are like that. My borthday was on a Thursday this year and the actual day was boring and uneventful. That just meant that I got live it up over the weekend I think it's tough to get people together during the week, so maybe if you tried to get everyone together on the weekend? And I know it sucks having to plan your own birthday, but sometimes people just get caught up in their own lives...... so that's why you remind them
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Happy birthday!

Go out and enjoy yourself, go shopping, go to dinner. You might meet new friends, and you might find you like your own company. Just because everyone else is busy doesn't mean you can't have fun.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

awwww... If I were there I would go to dinner with you Don't be sad... I am 23 as well, and my 23rd birthday fell on a tuesday *oh the humanity* no one wanted to do anything until Friday. but then it was ON!!
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #7  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Happy Birthday!!

I totally feel you. My 25th is in a few weeks, and I feel old. I don't know anyone in town except for my boyfriend, so it will just be us. Which is nice and all, but it's just us all the time. I wish it was back like when I was in college and younger and everyone I ever met would meet at the bar for drinks and massive celebration.
I hope you have a fantastic night (and day!) and that you enjoy your birthday to the fullest.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #8  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

Happy birthday!!!

I'm 22, don't stress. I'm sure you will get to do something crazy fun this weekend if you so choose! I would take tonight to pamper yourself! Go get a pedi or a massage, or something you like to do... realx and enjoy it!
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #9  

Happy Birthday..
I really understand.. I agree go out and do something for you..
I really only have a couple of friends that I had when I was 23.. We all got busy and to this day we never really go out.. But I am over the hill.. I am 40.. That's so hard for me to even say.lol
Happy Birthday ENJOY
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #10  

Well happy birthday! Don't be down...do something for yourself. Buy yourself a birthday present, go have a good dinner, and just ENJOY yourself.

I haven't had a real get-together birthday in about 4 years...I go to school out of state and my birthday is always during the week when I have classes, so I'm always away from my best friends, family, boyfriends, etc. But I always make sure to request off from my work, and I'll go grab a nice dinner alone and have a martini or 2 to celebrate.

It's not the end of the world! Just enjoy your day!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #11  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Hmm, I don't know if it gets worse as you get older, BUT I used to sulk for EVERY birthday ever. It's my birthday too today, and I think the only reason I got so much birthday wishes and hugs is because A. I go to school so everybody there knew once the word spread. B. facebook told everybody on my list and C. Somebody say me on facebook from this site, and was so kind to make a post on here.

I have to say.. The only real thing that changed from back when I used to feel sorry for myself and sulk every birthday, and this year, is my attitude. I have changed a lot over the past couple of years, and especially since starting to lose weight and doing something with myself that I can truely appreciate. Keep your chin up... Maybe it's all just a series of unfortunate events! And yes, people don't really put in the effort for others a lot of the time. Once I understood that, it was a lot easier to just not get upset when they didn't. And about the men doing something special... Some guys just don't have that in them.

I'm really sorry you're having a crappy birthday I hope though that you do celebrate everything good in your life (like having a place to live and losing weight). And I would totally bring you to dinner if I could!!!
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 259/239/170

Height: 6'2

OMG thank you!!! you peeps...are something special...you all just made my birthday something! thank you! and yes im going to take myself out for dinner and have a martini! lol beautiful ace....thank you for those insightful words. ok so i can be empowered....im not going to sulk! im going to lift myself up!!! thank you guys!!!!!! and im serious in saying this....you have no idea how much better you made me feel! only good people can say words of encourgament! thank you thank you thank you!
hotpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #13  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

YAY I'm so happy for you!!! 23 eh... man you're old. Going to need a cane soon. RAA HA HA .
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #14  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Happy Birthday....

I agree with Bargoo and 170starting. I too am 23. My bday was on a wednesday. I spent it with a couple of friends watching Project Runway because my own family was busy. But, my friends planned a surprise party for me that I was clueless on. My own sister was in on it. My best friend who lives in NY flew down to see me. Funny thing was we were talking about plane tickets and flight points while she was booking her ticket. But the party was that weekend.

Point is life happens during the week and the weekend is for partying. Its not that they do not care about you, but you dont want them to leave at 10:30 or 11 because they have to get up the next morning. I know how you feel when it comes to planning stuff and not feeling the return investment. But I am sure your friends care about you much and have something in the works.

Oh and 23 is not an age where we stop caring. We will always care. We are human and only 23. The only thing that we are supposed to do is be young and learn from the last 23 years so that the next 23 can be even better.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 247/240/155

Height: 5'8.5

happy birthday!!! Treat yourself to a pamper day! mani/pedi, massage, get your makeup done (if you wear make-up), dress up and take youself to robins with a positive attitude...it sucks when you always mae time for everyone else but it seems like they dont do the same, but letting others ruin YOUR day just makes everything worse. Quality time alone is awesome so enjoy your birthday hun! take yourself to a movie too, thats always fun!
Just Jezzle is offline   Reply With Quote