Height: 5'5

I feel the same. way. Wish I knew!

Same with cleaning the house! ha!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #17  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

working out releases endorphins that make you feel better mentally and physically, plus increase energy levels... eventually it will get easier as you start really desiring that positive rush... I just need to get off my butt and get started. Congrats to all that are pushing themselves and keep going!

Last edited by KimL1214; 01-22-2009 at 11:23 AM.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Yeah Kim that's it. I feel great after I work out. Like I have accomplished so much. But OMFG I hate going. It is sooooo hard to get it going. I go to the Y by my house but there is one by my job also and I have been going there so I won't have to pass home.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I was just saying today how if I go home and cook myself dinner, eat and change clothes I will clean the house and hit the gym every single time. If I go home and sit down on the couch I will make myself a Lean Cuisine and not move the rest of the night. It's everything I can do sometimes not to let myself sit down right when I get home- because I know I won't get back up til bed time aside from some core work but I just slide down from my perch onto the floor for that lol.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #20  
intern

S/C/G: 297/ticker/190

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks so much for all the helpful hints and awesome responses. It's good to know that I am not the only one who "works" this way.
freckfrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelli32 View Post
I was just saying today how if I go home and cook myself dinner, eat and change clothes I will clean the house and hit the gym every single time. If I go home and sit down on the couch I will make myself a Lean Cuisine and not move the rest of the night. It's everything I can do sometimes not to let myself sit down right when I get home- because I know I won't get back up til bed time aside from some core work but I just slide down from my perch onto the floor for that lol.
I used to use this - I just would NOT sit down until I started dinner. Not even to take off my shoes. It was just too dangerous! I might tell myself I could just do a little prep, and then sit before finishing, but of course, once I started I always finished. I REALLY need to re-instate this policy It amazed me how something so simple made such a difference.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Yes! Those first steps out the door or INFINITELY harder than anything I do at the gym.

I think knowing yourself helps. I know I will not go to the gym after work. I'm tired, I'm hungry, I'll find an excuse to not work out. But if I set an alarm by my workout clothes the night before, in the morning, I have to get up to turn it off. If I'm up, I might as well go.
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote