Old 01-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #1  
I'm curious.

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/145

Height: 5'3

Default ** 20-Something Mommies Chat - Jan. 19 - 25 **

Hey ladies, I went back a few pages to see if anyone started this thread for this week and I didn't see anything so figured I might as well start. Better late than never huh?

Well, I've been feeling very overwhelmed lately. I feel like I can never catch up with things around the house and that I am constantly cleaning or doing something. It doesn't help that DD is teething and just started crawling and pulling herself up and is now into everything!! She fell and hit her head twice yesterday and then busted her lip also. She's been doing this thing where she bangs her head back and forth and one time she actually banged her face into the floor and has a swollen lip. Poor thing!

She's also starting to scream every time I leave the room! I am trying to deal with it, but feel I just need a break! I am sure you all understand! Thanks for letting me vent!

I hope the rest of you are having a better week!
LizzieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

My house is a MESS ive only packed halfway and i feel like the house is sooo dirty and i cant get it clean its frustrating considering im a neat freak
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/188.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Lizzie - awww, your poor baby! Being a mom is hard, plain & simple. I hope you get some much needed, but mostly deserved, rest soon! Trust me, it does get so much better.

Jahjah - I hear ya on being a neat freak, I have the same problem. But lately it seems like I can't keep my house clean. I'm so busy between my full-time job, 2 kids, husband, WW & working out there's just no time left in the day!!!
erynn1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

I just want to run away from the house and paying the bills right now! lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #5  
I'm curious.

jahjah - me toooooooooo!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

wow ive been gone for like a month and you guys started a mommy chat? How awesome!

Lizziebee my youngest son is teething and hes doing the face bang thing to! My older boy didnt do that, so im glad to see its something normal i was getting worried!

I need help, my oldest son WILL NOT go to bed at night anymore, hes been in his own bed now for 4 months and night after night he gets up a zillion times, nothing works for putting him to bed it seems, yelling, laying with him stories nothing. What do you guys do?
luvmyinnerdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #7  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

My darling son has an ear infection in both ears

a single male friend of mine (who is a pharmacist) doesn't understand why I'm so upset. He also doesn't have children. I've noticed that since I've become a parent, I have difficulty connecting with a lot of my old friends.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #8  
I'm curious.

luvmyinnerdemon - I am glad to hear your son does the face bang too...my husband asked me the other day if we should be concerned with her doing that, but I guess it's normal for some. who knows! all kids are so different!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #9  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieBee View Post
It doesn't help that DD is teething and just started crawling and pulling herself up and is now into everything!! She fell and hit her head twice yesterday and then busted her lip also. She's been doing this thing where she bangs her head back and forth and one time she actually banged her face into the floor and has a swollen lip. Poor thing!

She's also starting to scream every time I leave the room! I am trying to deal with it, but feel I just need a break! I am sure you all understand! Thanks for letting me vent!
I feel your pain. My son was/is the WORST teether. He got in his top front two teeth fairly easily the rest have been a nightmare and he got some of his molars early. Because of the teething issues he was a "biter" at daycare (but in his defense he didn't start the trend!)

He also runs around with bruises, busted lips, black eyes, scratches, scrapes etc. It's just rough for little ones. All of my nieces and nephews went through the same thing so I wouldn't be worried. These things are just a part of learning independence.

Speaking of independence, it's not a bad thing for kids to be left alone in a room for a few minutes assuming all safey issues are addressed if they're mobile. If you're with her constantly it will get harder and harder to break her of being so clingy as she gets older. Just do what you need to do around the house and she'll learn that just because you leave doesn't mean that you're not coming back. Now that my son's 17 months old, I'll be in the kitchen and on a nice day I just open the back door and let him go in and out. Most times he wants nothing to do with me!
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote