Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #1  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

S/C/G: 305/293.7/165

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Ladies, we have a problem...

I have just been informed that there are a lot of people who have dropped out or have not been very active if at all and it is making it hard on me to decide what to do. It's not very far into the challenge and already I am thinking about either redoing teams or just calling this whole thing off...

I'm more for the calling it off to tell you honestly... I have noticed that I haven't hardly done anything myself... maybe having a just activity challenge isn't such a good idea after all...
Old 01-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

I just posted in my team's chat thread saying there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm! Whatever you want to do! I appreciate all the work you have put in! But it does seem like there is not much interest!? I'm in for whatever!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

Hm, maybe something new can be started up since this isn't working out very well with all of the drop-outs. The people that are still involved in the competition could all get together in this thread for a roll call and we could start going by percentage of weight loss with revised team makeups.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #4  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

If anyone wants to do that, fine with me... I'm just... not in the best of mood to continue this...
Old 01-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #5  

:\
Okay, cause I actually want to continue >_<
I'll make a roll call thread and anybody who still wants to participate can post there . . . if not I'll just gracefully let it die lol.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:29 AM   #6  

I'm with you Heather! I really want to continue, and I think your roll call is a good idea.

Here's what I have to add... I think all the team leaders to PM there members & ask for them to post in the roll call if they are still in it. Either your IN or your OUT... Being in requires that you hold yourself accountable and post at least every couple days even if its a simple hello, just to let us know you're still with us.

Also I think we should condence the teams into 2 or 3 teams (depending on how many people we have still in it).

And lastly, I think we should nix the charts & activity lists all together, let this challenge be concentrated on which team can lose the most amount of weight in the time period.

If thats not something you want to do, we could make it easier by still nixing the charts, but posting a "weekly challenge" - one simple activity that people can do or not do, if they do it, its worth points (say like 5 points everytime), and they can just say when they weigh in "I did the activity 4 times this week", and we'll award 20 points to the team, etc...

(EDIT) I PM'ed all my team members, as well as posting in my team's chat thread about the roll call thread & this thread, and please posting in the roll call if they want to continue..

Art: Handling a challenge by yourself is hard, I can understand completely! So if you need some extra help, let me know.

Last edited by lalique; 01-20-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #7  

I think the weekly challenge is good as long as it is simple and I love the points idea still.

Also, I'm curious about . . . How many people want to stay on their team or how many people want to redo the teams with the same team leaders?

I think we can still have 4 teams and since team unicorn is so inactive and has no team leader-the people that are still participating on that team can be put onto other teams to even out the numbers.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/138/130

Height: 5'5

Default Doooon't Give Up!!!

ok i just logged on here for the first time...and seeing that people are giving up makes me crazy! This is a site for support...if you are feeling like giving up...type it out for help! You never know who you may be reaching out to with your words. Arthwen1985: i havent read much on here..but..and i may be stepping out of bounds here...maybe this points thing just isnt for you. I hated counting points and feeling restricted. you need to find it within yourself to continue! It kills me every day to drag my *** to the gym (i have a pretty darn nagging thyroid issue as well as lupus) but once ive done my time there i feel so much better about going. and this process has repeated itself every day since ive started my weight loss. If no one else is helping...try me out. cant hurt to try!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:22 AM   #9  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

Callie: hired...

I am just having a hard time since I am still trying to stay "normal" without meds and stuff for my bi-polar thing and I'm getting to that "down" point... not, like, rock-bottom-want-to-die kind of low... just... I don't want to do anything, not in the mood for much... just kinda... blah I guess... Getting that whole way of thinking where I feel bad for the stupid things I have said and wished I didn't and so on... anyways... yea... I think that's pretty much it without going into details.

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 01-20-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:04 AM   #10  

Well, good for you for getting off the meds. My dad was bi-polar, so i can understand a bit of how you feel. Have you tried vitamin d? It really boosts your mood naturally. With my thyroid thing, depression was a side effect. I didnt get off the couch for even as much for groceries some days. The human body is mysterious, but we have to treat it with respect. Feeling down and un motivated is a part of this weight loss journey as much as it is as a part of life. I felt when i was bigger that working out wasnt doing anything, and i wanted to give up big time. It wasnt that i had no one around me to help me out, but that i hadn't made the decision to lose the weight..i had the idea, but the mindset wasnt there. it takes something, and you'll never know what it is that will trigger that switch...but dont give up on it. your upsettedness will just continue, if not escilate, to you stopping. Ive been there...losing 11 lbs is fantastic and dont let anyone including yourself tell you anything different. Im here..and im a good wrambler if you need to exercise your eyes! ha..
Old 01-20-2009, 06:03 AM   #11  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

Umm... I NEED medication to help control these symptoms I am having... It was NOT my choice to go off them... they stopped working and I hadn't been able to get a proscribing psychiatrist yet... I have my first appointment with one on the 4th... and since then I have tried checking myself into the mental ward about 2 or 3 times... While on my meds I never have those thoughts, never depressed... Just... Fine. Somewhat active even! Not at all like I am right now...
Old 01-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

I agree that we should nix the carts and just have one activity per week!!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #13  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I would like a weight and minutes of activity challenge. I think that would motivate me more and fit more people since they may not do or enjoy all of the activities... just my two cents.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #14  

Looks like things will even out then once you get back on the meds. Remember these feelings are temporary...and you know exactly why you are having these feelings. Its not you, its the disease and the meds (or lack there of). I was under the impression that you were off the meds on your own choice. Sorry for the misunderstanding! Keep posting when you need to talk...get the feelings out.....we are all here for you!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #15  

ummmm..... i'm confused.

So art's not in charge anymore? The girl who just joined is?
Closed Thread