Old 01-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

God, I feel your pain. Especially the door slamming. Every freaking 2 minutes.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Yeah it makes you think someone just opened your door
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 11st/-/9st

ugh me too! You can hear absolutely everything in my building, the only way i can sleep most nights is with my headphones on
Umberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

I hated living in my apartments that were close to the University of Arkansas. I stayed there for about 2 years. Everyone was so loud and my neighbor upstairs felt the need to vacuum at 9 pm. I got so fed up I finally moved to another complex and everyone was in their 60s and70s (no lie) and it was beautiful. LOL Then someone with kids and dogs moved in next door and were super loud so I just showed them and bought my own house. Haha.
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #20  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Courtney View Post
More than that, I hate living in an apartment complex in a college town!

It's past 1am, and my neighbors are out on the balcony (our complex has a courtyard so it's extra loud...echoes like crazy!) and I can't help but to listen to their loud, drunken conversations, people spitting to the first floor, cussing...

The music's loud, people are yelling....ughhhhh!!!! I love my neighbor, and I don't want to be a wet blanket, but this is ridiculous...

Now they're singing Red Red Wine by UB40............

haha I live in an apartment complex in a college town too.... but luckily our neighbors are relatively quiet and friendly. However, someone was listening to that "just breathe" song at 3:30 am last week!
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #21  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather88 View Post
When I lived upstairs it really didn't bother me that much, but since we moved into a downstairs apt. I can hear everything my upstairs neighbor is doing! I can even hear the upstairs neighbor next door. It doesn't help that they are loud and hold parties every weekend. I've actually gotten used to it, except for when it is three in the morning and I can hear the girl above me + more stomping around like its the middle of the day. You just have to get used to other people's lifestyles when you live around so many others.
That's precisely why I got an upstairs apartment ;-)
Old 01-18-2009, 05:18 PM   #22  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthwen1985 View Post
Better than living in an apartment complex and EVERY NIGHT you hear your upstairs neighbor's bed squeaking constantly over your head so loud that even earplugs don't block the sound...

I was so glad to have the opportunity to move to a CEMENT building! All I hear are the pipes thumping every once in a while and that's IT!
Oh I got a better story.... last year I lived in a basement apartment of an old Victorian, and I could hear my upstairs neighbor moaning and screaming when she and her boyfriend were having sex, and then they'd fight! This was about every weekend, and I thought it was the funniest thing ever. They'd screw, then fight. And he'd threaten to leave for about an hour, whining like a little *****, and then he'd stay. Once he actually did leave. and I was like
Old 01-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #23  

^^OMG!!!! That's terrible!! I think I'd be banging on the ceiling...lol
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 250/240/146

Height: 5ft7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Ace View Post
ahahah katy, that's some pretty sweet victory.
it was one of my proudest moments///
katyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I once lived below a guy whose 5-year-old son came to visit every weekend, and they would stomp and run all hours of the night. One time we went up there on a Friday at 10pm to tell them to quiet down, and the guy apologized and said that they were playing football. Umm... football? In an apartment? At 10pm? With a 5-year-old?

He and his girlfriend also had really loud, violent fights with lots of crashing and banging noises. Once, all the neighbors were so worried that we gathered in the hallway and decided to call the police.

I'm living in a college town now, and I seem to have done a good job finding an area of town where you don't find many college students. My complex is full of grad students, vet students, postdocs, young professors, and some older families. It's surrounded by other apartment complexes that are all similar. It's kinda near a shopping mall, so my bus tends to be full of college kids on Friday evenings, but other than that I hardly ever see them. Well, except on campus, of course.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/165

Height: 6'1

I had the same kind of problems when I was at uni, my flat was in between a busy thoroughfare at the entrance of a student village of 2,500 and the main railway line in and out of Cardiff.

I ended up sleeping 2 hours every 24 at about 11am! Needless to say I never actually got any studying done.
LucyFM is offline   Reply With Quote