Old 01-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/TICKER/158

Height: 5'5"

Default Weight Watcher 20 something buddies?

I joined WW again today and am more determined than ever to get with it and do amazing. So I was wondering if anyone wanted to be buddies, talk about our weight loss and other hints and tips as well as share weekly weight in results. I guess a bit about me in case you were curious is i'm 22 started at weighing 219 the start of 2007 ended up getting down to 192 September of 2007 THEN gained back up to 209 by the start of December and went to my weigh in today and now weigh in at 205. So yep let me know

<3 Lucy
breathingfumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/129

Height: 5'4

I'm doing WW too. Because I had been dieting before i started, I didn't get that awesome huge loss my first week, as most people get, but slow and steady wins the race.... I'm glad you made this post, and hope some more WW members crawl out of the woodwork!
hiimnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/157/130

Height: 5'5.5

I'm doing WW also. I've been on it for a long time, but finally getting back on track this week. I'm excited to start being OP again!
Jessica Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to be following the ww plan but won't be going to meetings as I can't afford it at the moment.

I'll be starting Monday as thats when I go back to work after the Christmas break and it will be a lot easier with some structure back in my days!
AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #5  

Angle, I'm doing the same, I started WW in 2006 , and stuck with it for a couple months , till my mum was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer. I just started up again in December of this year, but I'm a starving student, so I just dusted off my old booklets and and writing everything down in a notebook. so far so good, i lost over 6 lbs in my first month , which I'm pretty happy with considering it was the holidays!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #6  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

hey guys- I'm right there with you. I've just joined ww and started right before Christmas but will be going completely op as of tomorrow. If anyone is interested in accountability off the board (via email or whatever) send me a pm.

Last edited by Feral; 01-04-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all - just about to finish up my first week back OP. I've been doing Weight Watchers on and off since I was sixteen (mostly off), but I'm going for it again - it's been the most effective and long lasting thing for me!
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #8  

I'm excited, seeing more girls join this posting.
I am right now eating my favorite breakfast, something I call " a breakfast burger".

Take 2 slices of WW bread ( 1)
Fried egg (2)
slices of tomato(0)
light mayo (1)
mustard(0)- I use homemade mustard because it has a little bite.

slap it all together , and you have a totally filling breakfast for 4 points, or if you want some meat, add some canadian back bacon for 1 more point.

what meals do you like making that are low in points ?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #9  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Oh yeah I'm a huge breakfast lover myself, although usually I like to eat breakfast when it's NOT breakfast time. I like breakfast burritos with:

1 med whole wheat tortilla (1)
1/4 c egg beaters substitute (2)
1/4 c fat free shredded mozerrella cheese (1)
1 strip of bacon (1)

Of course you can choose diff cheese and whether or not you want to add bacon.

My toughest thing is snacks (right now I'm a big fan of apples, string cheese, and popcorn) and dinner.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

I love popcorn. It's such a good ww snack. You can eat loads and there are hardly any points.

I'm doing pretty good today although I missed breakfast as I overslept. I have 5 points left for today so am going to find something for desert.

My problem meal is lunch while at work. I need a winter alternative to salad and sandwiches but don't have access to a microwave or anywhere to heat food up.
AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/TICKER/158

Height: 5'5"

I'm not a breakfast person at all but I am usually eating a english muffin with cream cheese and turkey sausage which all together is 5 points.

As for snacks i'm a lover of popcorn, dried fruit and crackers as of now.

I have to say my favorite low point item is the Boca burgers which range from 1 to two points with a bun for another point.

The hardest thing for me is finding what times are good to eat because if i eat dinner too early i'm starving by bed time. Also another hard thing is drinking water right now.
breathingfumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I eat lunch with my two buddies at work, both male, and they were so funny today. I can't hide anything from them, so I straight up told them I was on WW, and they started talking about Points. One of them is like 6'7" and huge, and the other one was like, "yeah, you would probably get about 20 points a day."

My eyes nearly bugged out of my head! I was like, "uh, no, Mike would get probably closer to 40 points a day." Considering that I get 32 and I am female and a shorty compared to him! Hilarious. I gently informed them that when my 5'5" mother, who weighed 160 to start out with, did WW, she had more than 20 points a day.

Either way, it's good to eat with people who will keep me accountable - I am notorious for wanting to go out to eat at work, and now that they both know they will tease me if I try to talk them into TGI Fridays across the street!
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #13  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

I'm doing WW too ... i think it's my fave diet so far out of the many i tried!

I like doing the whole wheat pita w/ 1/4 eggbeaters, tomato, a slice of lean lunchmeat, and a tbsp. of fat free mayo. Not sure how many points it is, but it's probably not much.
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #14  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I'm on weight watchers as well, although I don't go to meetings or have any materials (poor student here). I have been doing it since last February, and got really good results. I had a gym at my old apartment, and was working out 5-6 times a week, so I lost about 20 pounds in 5 months. But alas, I moved and no longer have a gym so I haven't been working out at all! And I am ashamed to say, I have gained more than half of that weight loss back. I have also been half-a**ing it a lot. I really need to get myself back motivated to be as OP as I was before!!

Egg white omelettes are good! I also like making baked fries. sooo good, and only 1 point per potato that you use (if you use bagged potatoes). They are really good, and pretty filling!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #15  
Jessica

S/C/G: 186/164.7/130

Height: 5'0''

I am also doing the WW thing, and right now I am hooked on 1/2 cup of plain ff yogurt with a quarter cup of granola (w/banana chips, cashews, and raisins) for breakfast. I usually put a packet of splenda (0 points) in with the yogurt. For Luch i do a turkey wrap, and progessive ww soup that is 0 points per serving!! I am looking for more lunch ideas, as well as friendly at work breakfast ideas.. Good luck everyone!
woobers is offline   Reply With Quote