Old 01-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #76  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, CakeBatter! How are you today?

I used 5 WPA yesterday, which I'm trying to limit. I had a delicious turkey burger with fancy mustard and lots of pickles last night. It came with a side of blue corn chips. We tried out a new restaurant that specializes in healthier options. Yum! They also serve wine by 3 oz. glasses or 5 oz. glasses which is pretty sweet. I had 3 ounces of Pinot Grigio with my meal, and a big glass of ice water! So yummy!

I decided to step on the scale this morning after breakfast. Last week was TOM and I seem to be down 2 lbs. since Saturday (putting me at 177) yay! Speaking of breakfast, my favorite lately has been Kix (1 1/4 cups for 1 point! I used to love these as a kid and recently bought them again because they were #2 on Women's Health's list of healthiest cereals) and skim milk. I add some banana if I have it. Yummmmy!
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Petunia The KIX breakfast with bananas sounds quite appetizing and I thing I am gonna pick some up tonight. It's funny about those WPA. I don't use them and I tend to gain. My WW Leader said that I workout so much that need them to replenish my energy so I try and stay between 15 and 25 used.

Congratulations on your 2 pounds down. The restaurant sounds yummy. What was the name of it?
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #78  
Bride-to-be!

Yeah I have a hard time using WPA too, it makes me feel like I'm eating too much sometimes! I've been trying to stay under about 20-25, too and focusing more on Activity Points!

The restaurant is called Modern Food and Spirits. I've driven by it so many times and it's so tiny that I thought it was just a wine shoppe or something. But it's lovely! They have a lot of vegetarian meals and some great-looking salads too! BF had a really yummy chicken salad sandwich with cranberries and tarragon on a croissant!

As for the KIX, it only has like 110 calories and 3 g. fiber for 1 1/4 cups! I love it!!! I packed up a serving of it yesterday and ate it dry at work for a 1 pt. snack!

My leader mentioned the same thing about WPA... we should feel ok about using them!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 191/190/160

Height: 5'10

Going to my first meeting tonight. I joined last year and quit before 08. Put on some of the weight I had lost so I'm joining again and sticking to the meetings this time...thought I could do it on my own but it doesn't work for me. I need to lose about 30 pounds, so the doctor says.
Lisa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #80  

Lisa Yeah my meeting give me a kick in the you know what to stay on track. Plus with the added support of 3FC I think you will be just fine.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #81  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Petunia418~ Congrats on the loss!!!

Lisa78~ Welcome!

CakeBatter~ Do you go to the gym or have an elliptical at home?

So BF of 2.5 years and I are on the rocks. We're done as of this morning, but they may change by the time I get home from work, but then again, it may not. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm upset, but am also trying to look at it as a chance to just focus on me. But I love him and don't want to lose him. And this is why I hate relationships...
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #82  

Kim Dang Gurl. I am sorry to hera about that. I know what you mean about the "it is over as of this morning, but then maybe not by the time you home". I guess the thing it has what is best for you even it does hurt. I like being in a realtionship but I don't like the "feeling and emotion" part. I love my BF but I am pretty sure it won't make it past the summer and I am sort of buying time. Why? I dunno not ready to cry yet. If you want you can PM me or just keep posting with us. Mainly take some time for yourself so you can clear your head and figure out what is good for you.

I go to the gym for the elliptical. But I have this goal of If I work out like I am supposed to for 6 weeks straight I am gonna reward myself with an elliptical. Cause I like working out at home.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #83  

Okay ladies, New questions.

1. I eat yogurt w/ granola for breakfast, then ususally a snack and lunch is usually a lean cusine and then snack before home. By the time I get home I have to stuff 2-3 veggies servings into dinner because I didn't get hem all in at work. I like my lean cusine for lunch they are quick and tasty. My questions what are some things you guys do to get in all your fruits and veggies?

I guess one thing is to make one of the snacks a fruit.

2. Hey I said questions with an "s"...lol Wings are 3 points. I have decided that a wing consist of a two-bone and drumstick. It doesn;t specify breaded or not So if breaded is 3 points for a full buffalo wing then how many pts for non breaded? How could it be the same?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #84  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Hi girls! I'm at home sick today. I NEVER call out of work. Ugh! I'm living off of chicken noodle soup today.

I'm really really really going to try to get on the treadmill in a little bit, I def don't have the energy to do 30DS, but I don't want to sit on my butt all day either. I'm hoping it'll help me feel a little better.

Lisa -- welcome aboard!

Kim -- I work at a middle school. You're a brave woman to coach a basketball team. One of my best friends and co-workers coached softball last season... seemed like it was chock full of adolescent boy crazy hormones and attitude!

Cake -- I usually try to fit in a fruit in the morning (usually a banana or apple) and have a veggie as a snack in the afternoon. Carrots are 0 points and are in the filling food group. Also, I like V8 juice. Personally, my fav is the spicy hot because I love spicy food. It says that one 8 oz glass is equiv. to 1 cup of daily veggies. [50 cal, 0 fat, 2 fiber -- I think it only comes out to 1 pt]. Not everyone likes a tomato based drink though. Little cherry tomatoes are a good snack too! I also try to fit in a veggie with dinner.

Stupid question -- I don't go to meetings, I'm just on WW online. What are WPAs? Are those your flex points?

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited by Feral; 01-13-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #85  
Bride-to-be!

Thanks Kim! I'm sorry to hear about you and BF. Everything will work out in the end, either way!

Cake- you might want to try bringing an additional serving of (fresh, frozen, canned) vegetables to mix in with your Lean Cuisines!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #86  

Petunia AHA great idea. Will do starting tomorrow.

Feral Since you won't getting a lot of energy nutrition wise maybe you should take it easy on the exercise today until you feel better. WPA = Weekly Point Allowance, so yeah flex points
Old 01-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #87  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

LOL I realized it a min ago and felt stupid haha.

I have 26 points per day and have a hard time getting all of those (but try to have a snack at night to fill in the extra 2 I usually have remaining). Do you guys usually use all of your flex points? I have 35 per week.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #88  
Bride-to-be!

Feral- I use my points but try not to use all of them. If I have something really special going on and I want to indulge, I'll use them. I weigh in on Saturday mornings so I was finding that I was using a crapload of my WPA on Saturday night and then wanting to use a few later in the week. This led me to maintain (and not lose... booo!) for a couple of months before the holidays. I'm starting new now and trying to never use more than 5 at a time unless it's closer to the end of the week. You've just got to feel it out. They're there for you though so you should never feel deprived or guilty about using them! I'm at 20 for the week and don't plan on using any more. They're really nice to have for things like weddings and vacations though!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Cake batter I bring a bag of spring mix or baby spinach leaves and either pour it directly on my Lean Cuisine and make it into a salad entree or eat it straight out of the bag with my meal. Also, there are the smaller size V-8's that are 0 pts. There is even a low-sodium one.

Petunia I was doing the same thing for the past four months--using my WPA too soon, then feeling deprived during the week, going Off Plan, and basically maintaining, which totally sucks! If I'm going to be obsessed with dieting like I am, I better darn well lose some weight! So this time around like you I am trying to limit it to five a day.

Last edited by PeatrixPotter; 01-13-2009 at 05:42 PM.
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #90  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

Hey, I just wanted to say hi! I just started weight watchers again after being off for quite some time, I am just trying to find some people who get me. I love reading all of your posts and hopefully I will get some tips. I hope to get to know most of you.
sharpie89 is offline   Reply With Quote