Old 12-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Please help me.

Hi Everyone,
I joined 3 fat chicks over a year ago. The last time I was here, was back in August. I'm not much for whining or complaining, i just need some support. (something else I don't ask for much either) I feel like everytime I try to accomplish something, or start to, such as a little bit of weight loss, I stop trying. How do I get serious and stay serious about keeping on track. I haven't been to the gym in ages and that's mostly because I have no one to go with. My dad keeps telling me he'll go back with me because we initially joined together. He had surgery and had to stop going for a while though. Anyways, I feel like i've been not eating healthy at all lately and I'm sure I could say it's because of the holidays blah blah blah.. but seriously. I NEED HELP!!!! Help me stay on track, help me want to exercise, and help me keep coming back to this site! I've updated my weight and goals below. Are they realistic? I want everyone's opinion.. even if you think I won't like what you say. That's actually usually the best advice.

Last edited by Loraloo; 12-29-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/226/135

Height: 5ft 1in

girl, i know how you feel i cant stick to losing weight either or for that matter anything. but i am like you i want help and encouragement. maybe we can help each other succeed.
mercyme101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #3  

That would be great! Thanks! When did you start your trek?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

This site is the only reason i stuck to it this time
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Yah, I totally agree jahjah. This site is probably the only reason I've stuck with it. I seem to have a habit of "forgetting" I'm dieting. Coming here reminds me everyday that I need to stick with it. Its too hard to come on this site and listen to everyones success stories and continue to just eat like a fat a**!

That would be my advice to you Loraloo, stick with 3fc! Its a daily reminder why you're on this journey. All these ladies are not only helpful but inspiring. They make you feel like you can and will succeed this time!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/129

Height: 5'4

I will joing the band wagan and say this site is such a great motivator for me! Hearing great advice, success stories and when needed a good kick it the bum helps me out sooo much! aww I'm gushing!
hiimnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:33 AM   #7  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

the 5lb challenge on the "chicks up for a challenge" forum.

I'm soo close to being the winner this time and that was what stopped me from getting a 1,000 calorie hamburger at chili's.
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

i can sympathise. i think this is the longest i've ever actually stayed on here under my various usernames in about 5 years on and off! and definately the most i've posted.

it really does help to have the support though so keep on coming.
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I totally agree that this site is huge in helping me stay motivated. I come on everyday (at work) and read and post and it helps me remind me why I'm working so hard at this and that I'm not alone.
Digging Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Sometimes I don't post for a few days... and I tend to get off track.

Check this site MANY times a day
Think about how great you'll look in a few months if you keep up with it Or how not great you'll look if you stop.
Stay positive, don't ever be negative.
Keep eating foods you love - just eat them less often and in smaller portions.

I think it's really important to stay happy and not deprive yourself when trying to lose weight, or else you'll quit!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #11  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 195/158/130

Height: 5'3"

You just have to come to the point that you've had enough, KWIM? I agree with PP's, checking in here daily (or more!) is a great support system. I, like you, signed up a long time ago and have just come back as I am really ready. I'm on my first week of tracking (WW's) and working out DAILY and I'm already down a pound.

You can do it!
OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:53 PM   #12  

thansk everyone. I appreciate all the posts and support!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #13  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Post on the boards and post often, it really helps!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #14  
baby

S/C/G: 175/164/134

Height: 5'3" and a half :)

Hey!
I was like you too, and then I joined weight watchers with a friend. Honestly, doing it in a group type setting is sooo much easier! Knowing that everyone else there is going through the same thing and everyone can offer advice and understanding is so great. This place is the same idea, only free I just find it hard to jump in and post sometimes cause I'm shy, but whatever!

I've found the only way tbat I can keep myself motivated is to find something, anything that will remind you why you're doing this and look at it/read it/whatever every day to keep you on track. I printed off a bunch of quotes in pretty font and taped them to my walls, so I have to see them everyday.

And for the exercise, I've found that getting all pumped and saying "i'm going to work out everyday" works for a week or so maybe, but then I miss one day. And then the next. And I get bored. I bought this dvd called Daily Dozen or something like that, it's only 12 minutes a day and I figure even if I do it 4 times this week, it's a lot better than nothing. And I've committed myself to going for a 20 minute walk twice this week. It's not a lot but it all adds up. you can do it!!

It's not easy but it's soo worth it! Good luck
*whew* sorry that was so long
pinkberrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:44 PM   #15  

Hey everybody! I ran my first 10km EVER tonight! I did it all on my own. Although I didn't finish as fast as I would've liked, I still did it! I figured it was the best way to start the year. The main downside was it was -25 degrees out!!! Anyway, I just thought I'd share that with you guys. Thanks