Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #1  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

S/C/G: 305/293.7/165

Height: 5 foot 6

Talking Official New Year Challenge Thread!!!

Hiya!

There has been a lot of people interested in this and I thank everyone for wanting to be involved. I wanted to let everyone know that this is NOT a "biggest loser" type challenge. This is more like a "get out there and get active" kind of challenge. First weigh-in will be JANUARY 5TH before midnight PST. This should give everyone plenty of time to get to a computer with internet access and post their weight. Now, why am I asking for weights if it's going to be a "be active" kind of challenge? We want to know how much you are losing by the end of this and we will be keeping track of who all has lost a bit more than others although that is not an official part of the challenge. The team with the most "activity points" will win the challenge and earn a Banner for being the Winning team thay they can show off. I don't know if I already said this but there will not be color teams. I am a bit of a mythological creatures fanatic so we're gonna go with that... *evil grin * I am still deciding how long to make this challenge for. Sign ups END on January 1st! It is around that time I will be making the official teams, week work-out plan, getting my charts set up and making charts for each team. I am hoping that I will have the help of Katykat in making the charts decorative *hinthint* since she's SO good at that. I am going to try and make this workable for people with hectic lives such as those of you who have kids, work, go to school... etc. Whenever I make a chart there will be a spot for "alternative workout" in case you don't have the resources for the workout I set you all out to do but you have something better or equal to the workout I have assigned. It will be worth the same amount of points. The same goes for a section for "Extra Workout Sessions" which will earn extra points as well. I am posting all of this up early-ish so I can get questions out of the way. This is sort of still in the brainstorming area but it's getting to be a finished thing here real soon. I think that's everything.

WATCH THIS POST AS IT MAY BE ALTERED IN THE FUTURE! I'll make is obvious in different colours for every edit. hehe

I am thinking about asking the Admins to get rid of all the other BL threads... anyone object to that?

20 Something New Year “Get Active” Challenge

Alright! Some people have asked for clear instructions on what we are going to be doing for this challenge and so this will hopefully be clear enough for everyone to understand and not get lost. This is going to be an eight week long challenge starting on January 5th and ending on February 23rd. The results will be posted no later than the end of the month. Spring challenge sign-up will be put up in the middle of February... but that’s later. This Challenge will not be a race in weight loss but in getting active. I will be putting up a chart that looks like this:

As you can see there are numbers there instead of actual activities. Each week I will be putting up a small list of activities for us to all do. Each activity should only be about 30 minutes long. You can save this chart and edit it in any paint program and insert the amount of times you have done each activity. Each activity should be done at least once. The more times you do an activity the more points your team receives. If you need help learning how to work paint, let me know. It’s pretty simple and SHOULD be on EVERY computer be it PC or Mac. I will keep the original up in case someone screws up their chart. (I’ve done it... believe me I’ve done it.) This is just an example of what it should look like by the end of a week.

It doesn’t have to look perfect or even be in pretty purple. It is just an example. Every activity must have been done at least once during the week. You can do your “FREE” activity as many times as you want and you will still get points for it. The team with the most Activity points by the end of this challenge will be the winner and get a special Banner to show off with their team animal.

Now, there WILL be one week where it will be “create your own” activities week. I’ll let you know when that is later.

Now I will go on to the Weight Loss part of this challenge. We are just going to keep track of how much each team loses over this challenge. It’s not a contest... but just to see what you lose. I will, at the end of the challenge, make a chart that shows EACH person and how much they have lost total. Just tell your Team Leader how much you lost during the week and the Leader will send me each team member’s name and the pounds lost for that week and I will keep track of it... so you don’t have to. When you weigh in, include your chart and then the Team Leader will tell me when everyone has weighed in. I will give the team leader a chart all it's own so he or she can check of when someone has turned their weekly chart in. When everyone has or the deadline of Tuesday morning at 1am PST has come to past they can tell me in the official thread and I will go through and add up all the points for the team and put up who's in the lead...

There will be 5 teams with the names:

Team Dragon
Team Unicorn
Team Faerie
Team Phoenix
Team Gryphon

Thank to the generous help of KatyKat we will have lovely banners to represent each team. Don’t be discouraged to make your own though. I think it’d be cool to see what other people come up with. I will be putting links up in each team thread for the chart and banner so you guys can use them in your signatures.

I think that’s pretty good... If there are still things are feel I didn’t make clear enough or left out entirely... Let me know!

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 12-29-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Typos... additional info...
Old 12-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/158.5/145

Height: 6'1

I'm definitely in!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #3  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

Oh, this is not the sign up sheet...
Old 12-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

So do we just send in our activities or how does the chart work?
Old 12-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #5  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

I will be putting my own kind of activities on the chart than then you check it off with an x or something. Pretty simple.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:54 AM   #6  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

I am hoping to get this all done early so I can answer any questions people may have and write a clearer instruction thing for those of you who need it... I also need to go back through all my brainstorming and figure out what all those great ideas i had were... haha

KatyKat made banners for the 5 teams we are gonna be split up into. She will be gone for a week but hopefully be back when we start this thing... She'd better be... hehe

Anyways, I'm gonna try and get my WoW hours down and get started on this... haha

I will be putting up lists on the 2nd! Just to make sure I didn't miss anyone.

I noticed no one has said anything about me asking the admin to take away the old threads... I haven't asked yet...

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 12-29-2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #7  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

I think that once the old challenge is done it wont do any harm to get rid of the old threads. I mean they will be closed anyway right? No one will be posting there and to stop any confusion i think you should ask to have them removed.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #8  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

Yea, which means that the Silver Team people will have to find other means of chatting with their used to me team members.

I am going to be asking, do not be alarmed if they up and disappear!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

Maybe a database forum can be created for all of the old topics in previous challenges, so that data isn't deleted.

Last edited by heather88; 12-30-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:44 AM   #10  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

I don't think they keep old threads... I PMed one of the Admin... Still waiting for a response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple days later:

Ok, here is the list of people I have that have signed up. Let me know if I missed any of you or if you changed your mind and want off the list.

Beautiful Ace
PrettyPaula
jahjah1223
bjeweled
Rosario
hiimnatalie
Maddie89
CandyKisses0204
LizzieBee
macomer
leighish
Chele615
priscilla penn
Iconised Ghost
Stephanie Osborne
JessieCat
Hungry4AChange
wantingtolose
riz
AngelD
dancingirl81
luvmyinnerdemon
Viatre
vdaybaby
Its Courtney
Anti222
ForeverLove
preppingbride
jmb1981
gymlee
KimL1214
Feral
spikedpunch
quiddkidd06
TheRose
figureskater546
njoytheride
mayness
CassyCat
mo1988
Star2Be
bakabeth
Vahla
QTestRDH
carcar05
misstraveller
CrazyHopeful
wfonseca3017
Nancy7189
dizzysoi
krissy1319
CrazyHopeful
futuresurferchick
Jessica Rae
acrimony
kmelody
motiv8me
onestar
JasonsLea
scarahjs
katykat
LaBonita
mjluva829
aml
Blcarter84
blanna
wfonseca3017
hotpod
AngelMae
Lackie
fld20
CurvyEnglishChick
hotmamacitax2
lalique
heather88
LindsayL0ve
princess2323
Yelie
ouch

There are 79 people signed up for this. That's about 16 people per group.

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 12-31-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM   #11  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Sry but I don't have paint on my computer at all. My schedule at wrk is crazy so ur gonna have to take my name off the list sorry
Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #12  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

Really? How bizarre... I'm sorry to hear that... I'll... take your name off the list...

I know you can get something called paint.net...
Old 12-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Thank you Arthwen for doing this! I'm so excited and can't wait to be part of a team again! yay!!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:34 PM   #14  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

I have to opt out of the challenge for the time being. I've been very sick and the doctors don't seem to know whats wrong with me and its hindering my activity so with this being an activity based challenge I don't think it's the best idea. I was so psyched about it but sadly I must decline for right now. Hopefully I'll be better for the next one.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 298/233/198

Height: 5"9

can i still sign up?!!? i really want to do this challenge!!
Closed Thread