3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/158657-20-something-profiles.html)

Missy09 02-06-2009 12:31 AM

First name: Melissa

Geographical location: SC

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 dogs and 2 parrots

Hobbies/Interests: animals, dog training, parrot training, reading, movies and video games.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan. 22, 2009

Starting Weight: 365.6

Present Weight: 360.2

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Just changing how I view food and learning how to eat healthy

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I am making a serious effort and using a program that I know will work.

Anything else you would like to share with us: In addition to losing weight this year I am getting my life on track in other ways. I will finally be getting my driver's license and enrolling in college.

kalikat003 02-06-2009 04:20 PM

First name: Alana

Geographical location: Toronto, ON

Children/Ages: zero (thank goodness lol)

Occupation: Employment Counsellor - Helping people find jobs =]

Pets: 3 kitties Guzzy, Buddy & Dexter

Hobbies/Interests: I love going out with friends, bowling, watching movies, biking, camping, hiking =]

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 4th

Starting Weight: 176.6

Present Weight: 175.5

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: !!! Wings! In all seriousness, I need to view food as not a means to comfort or get read of boredom. I find a lot of time that I eat is when I am bored or annoyed/sad!

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting and exercise =]

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My roommates are on board, so they wont be having a lot of junk food. Me realising that because I have been fat all my life, I have never felt comfortabe dating. I want that to change, I want to feel good about mysef when I am going out =]

Anything else you would like to share with us: I rule and so do you!

duinmiownthing 02-08-2009 09:24 PM

Courtney!

Hey I just copy and pasted from the one I posted in another forum, but this one also applies to me!

Wow! Thanks for the outline that is incredibly helpful!

First name: Courtney

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: Single and lovin it!

Children/Ages: none yet!

Occupation: Full time student / regular sub at an elementary school/ I work different programs with people of all ages with varying disabilities!

Pets: Well I have a dog named Tiffany, A cat named Mosephus, and Four Llamas named, Lorenzo, Leo, Lola, and Dolly...

Hobbies/Interests: I love reading and singing and hanging out with friends and family and working with my kids!

Height: 5'6" ish

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes and Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well I have been on this journey for several years, but I have officially started to change my life on Friday 2/6/09!

Starting Weight: 258

Present Weight:255.8

Goal Weight: 150 ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting active again and finding happiness in small goals!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers Online

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time it just feels different. I need to change...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really excited to be here!
:yay: :dance:

Shereel 02-08-2009 09:32 PM

First name: Cheryl

Geographical location: New York City

Pets: Cat, at home with parents

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, cooking, volunteering/charity work

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oct 08

Starting Weight: 161lbs

Present Weight: 148lbs

Goal Weight: 130lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: portion control

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: going to gym classes in addition to working out on my own

Anything else you would like to share with us:

jessicapina 02-09-2009 04:10 PM

First name: Jessica

Geographical location: NYC

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 boys and 1 girl - 8, 3, 1

Pets: none -- read above: married with 3 kids lol

Hobbies/Interests: Party planning

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/reddish brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: end of Jan 2009

Starting Weight:194

Present Weight:191

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:To actually stick with it and not quit once I start making some progress. Stop eating junk food and eating healthier

Following any specific plan:Calorie counting and eating healthier

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm just tired of wearing Spanx all the time...I want to be able to wear my clothes and feel great in them! Don't u agree??

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love who I am, I really do believe I'm a thick girl. I have accepted I will never be a size 0 however I still want to feel and look great in a size 7/8. Here's to being a size 7/8!!!

macky 02-11-2009 11:19 AM

hello!

Hi kids! I've been around in the blogs for a little bit now (read: since January 1) but figured it was time to start actually, you know, talking to people. So, here goes:

-----------

First name: Heather

Geographical location: Los Angeles

Marital Status: Free as a bird

Children/Ages: Read above

Pets: RIP dead betta fish :(

Hobbies/Interests: eating out and drinking, tennis when my roommate will play with me, exploring Griffith Park, driving along PCH

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: umm... when I was 8? or do you mean this time? it's a constant struggle, but I've been on the wagon since 1/1/09

Starting Weight: 183.4 (but high weight was 201 which I think is important to have documented because I will never break 200 again. and for that matter, i will never break 190 again either.)

Present Weight: 180.4

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating out and drinking

Following any specific plan: not eating out and not drinking. generally being healthy. working out like a maniac.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm trying. And it's working.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm going off to grad school in the summer and I want to look HOT when I start my new life!!

prepping 02-11-2009 01:00 PM

I've been around for a while, but somehow never posted here! Figured, why not?

Name: Seana

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: gimme a few years

Pets: Boxer, and 2 siamese cats

Hobbies/Interests: Friends, reading, anything social

Height: 6'

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, dark brown hair (with red in it)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: been working on this for as long as I can remember

Starting Weight: 215 (+?)

Present Weight: 177

Goal Weight: 160 (but between you and me, in the 150s)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: love of food. emotional eating.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting of 1450/day with a balance of different foods (based on Herbal Magic guide). Exercise 3+/week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm a lot more healthy using a plan tailored for me that has the appropriate types of foods I should be eating. And I have to admit that I want to look stunning for my wedding -- something to really be able to look back on and think that it was the perfect beginning to many more perfect days. Plus I'm looking forward to lots of bikini's and skirts for the honeymoon and beyond.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've come to love 3FC! It's the one place that I've really felt comfortable expressing myself in terms of my weightloss efforts. I've never been able to consistently get so much genuine support and friendly conversation from any other resource. Love you all! :D

Petunia418 02-11-2009 01:33 PM

First name: Krissy

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: No, just fur-babies!

Pets: A cat named Mr. Poof and 2 dogs that live with my rents (Oliver and Scooby)

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, cooking, baking, socializing, boating

Height: About 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, Light brown/blond hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: We'll go with 2/9/09

Starting Weight:178

Present Weight:176

Goal Weight:140 (Wedding dress shopping when I'm under 160!)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Chocolate, wine, and my salesman of a fiance!

Following any specific plan: WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've broken my goals down which I believe will help me to not get overwhelmed. I also have a wedding to plan now and would like to get in shape NOW rather than later. I'm also on a mission to lose 25 lbs. by my 25th birthday (153 by April 18th)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Although I have a lot going on and a lot of "reasons" to lose weight, overall I need to do this for me! Little pink bikini, here I come!!!!

Mandee80 02-11-2009 05:26 PM

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: US-Tennessee

Marital Status: Separated

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Dog-Dalmatian and Lab mix

Hobbies/Interests: Baking, eating out, talking on the phone, chat/IM online, fixing up my house

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec 9th, 2008

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: 248

Goal Weight:170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: exercising. I hate it.

Following any specific plan: Weight watchers at home

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm going to try hard this time. I can do this!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Would love to find people on here to share my journey with and support each other.

lovesjm 02-12-2009 04:49 PM

First name: Cassy

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Not yet!

Pets: 1 Fish - Baxter

Hobbies/Interests: Choir, Big Sisters, Sewing, Cooking

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue and Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:January 13, 2009

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 183

Goal Weight:159

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to cook, and I love to eat!

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and excercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It has lasted longer than a day or two. Also, I am making sure to keep track And my husband is the best!

Anything else you would like to share with us:

aimee88 02-12-2009 05:05 PM

First name: Aimee

Geographical location: Miami, FL

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: 1 chuihuahua

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, painting

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/09/2009

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 171.5

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Snacking. I do fine with meals, but when boredom

Following any specific plan: WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am going a healthy route, no more diet pills, crazy fad diets! I am determined to be healthy..and look good while im at it:D

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been a lurker here for a long time, it seems like such a great community. I am excited to get to know all of you!.

IcassiopeiaI 02-12-2009 06:48 PM

First name: cass

Geographical location: az- us

Marital Status:

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: ... exercising

Height: 5'2...and a HALF!

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: hahaha um. 2003 is when my original high weight is. that was over 200 pounds. i'll place my recent high weight which is the highest its been since 2003. so my most RECENT journey began about a month ago after i gained a lot of "the weight" back

Starting Weight: 167

Present Weight: 159 (oy, but i'm starting my period in the next couple days...)

Goal Weight: 90

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: depression

Following any specific plan: yes. there is no more trying

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: nothing, i know how to lose weight, the trouble is keeping it off

Anything else you would like to share with us: dont think so,kthxbye

SaltShaka 02-13-2009 08:05 PM

First name: Andrea

Geographical location: DC/Virginia

Children/Ages: 0-

Pets: Two very cuddly dogs who live with my parents.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Politics

Height: 5"4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown. A little boring...

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 25th

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Very entrenched pastime of reading a beloved book with a bag of Doritos or other cheesy deliciousness.

Following any specific plan: Cutting out chips of all kind. Stayin under 800 calories day, trying to eat the same foods. It is easier for me to follow a routine, and I do not get bored with food.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am about to graduate college. I DO NOT want to be a fat adult. I always thought that by this point in my life, I would have been on track to being the person I want to be. I do not want that person to be fat.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been on a diet pretty much constantly for a year and never actually dieted. I need help.

samandsunshine 02-14-2009 12:48 PM

Hi!

First name: Samantha

Geographical location: Born: CT Usually: FL Right now: Spain : )

Marital Status: Long term BF

Pets: None : (

Hobbies/Interests: Running, shopping, watching Supernatural

Height: 5'9...I think lol, maybe 5'8 and 3/4 but who's counting right?

Eye/Hair Color: Bluish green/red (for now)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: High school : (

Starting Weight: 179

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Controlling my eating habits

Following any specific plan: Just lots of exercise and intuitive eating

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm not after a fad diet to drop ten pounds in two weeks. I want slow steady weight loss and changes to my eating habits so I finally have a healthy relationship with food.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have struggled with bulemia in the past and really want to never binge/purge again. I feel like a support group can help with my emotional and mental "tough" days : ) a.k.a almost everyday...

ilovetoot 02-14-2009 09:19 PM

First name: Cara

Geographical location: I am a nomad...currently, Minnesota and New York.

Children/Ages: Someday

Pets: Back home I have two doggies that I absolutely adore.

Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, art, crafts, running, television

Height: 5'10''

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde, hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: hmmm...Jan 17th?

Starting Weight: 183

Present Weight: 178

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: SUGAR! trying to be healthy in an unhealthy college environment, eating when stressed/snacking when studying...etc.

Following any specific plan: Detailed plans and restrictions don't work so well for me in terms of my sanity, so eating healthy, continuing to run. I've been a runner since age 8, and I'm hoping to run a marathon in October. Its what makes me tick.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Motivation to leave college at the same weight in which I entered.