Old 10-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'5"

First name: Anna

Geographical location: Boston Area

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None yet.

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: gardening, history, (also, I really want to learn how to fly a sport aircraft!)

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: My freshman year I cut way back on food (very unhealthy dieting, lots of dizzy spells and blackening vision), and got down to the mid 150's, but over summer and sophomore year gained a lot back. These last few years, I've gained it all back, so essentially I'm starting over.

Starting Weight: 200

Present Weight: 200

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My family loves to eat, also I tend to eat when I'm upset/depressed (which is often because of my body image issues and anxiety issues (argh, financial crisis, you are so not helping here)). Also, I'm really bad at sticking to exercise plans--seriously, I get embarrassed about being out walking/jogging around the streets with all the slender people.

Following any specific plan: Will be calorie counting and exercising 6 times a week. Cutting out coffee (yay decaf taster's choice! and most dairy and alcohol as well as gluten.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually going to work on exercising so that I get healthy instead of just starving the weight off (which wreaks havoc on my studies anyways). Dedication!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Perhaps this is tmi, but I'm trying to get rid of stretch marks on my poochy stomach (need toning!) and hips from the weight gain of the last few years. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

First name: angie

Geographical location: arkansas

Children/Ages: someday

Pets: Isabella (Izzy) - my little Shih Tzu, and Simon and Alvin - my two gray rescued kitties

Hobbies/Interests: writing, reading (currently reading the sookie stackhouse series), tennis, and actin' a fool with my girlfriends

Eye/Hair Color: blue/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4 months ago (June 2009)

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 215

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm a stress eater, and every time things get hard to handle, it's very threatening for me. All I really want to do is sit in the corner and eat 3 bowls of reece's peanut butter puffs cereal. So I have to figure out how to be stressed without eating my way out of it.

Following any specific plan: I count calories, eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits, take a spinning class twice a week, tennis twice a week, and meet with a personal trainer every Saturday.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've gotten further this time than I have in years and years, and though I'm not sure what clicked this time, I just feel more motivated than ever before. Going back to my old habits doesn't even feel like an option now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: If every Taco Bell in the world went out of business, that would be GREAT for me. ;D
Old 10-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #393  

First name: DC

Geographical location: USA

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Height: 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started In July...unsure of the date since it was sporadic.

Starting Weight: 327

Present Weight:298

Goal Weight: I don't have a specific number exactly so I'll say when I'm 100% happy with how things are is my 'goal' and I'm not close to that so...

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boredom/Depression which leads to eating since its the 'comfort' zone for me.

Following any specific plan: Not really, I've tried so many things over the years and haven't found one thing that really works. I will say though that I will be doing more exercise this time around.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: To be honest, I'm not sure I just think that I am officially fed-up with it all.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Well I am glad that I found this site and have decided to finally post on this message-board. This may very well help to save me from myself.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #394  

First name: Mandy

Geographical location: The Village, OK

Marital Status: In a Relatinship

Children/Ages:

Pets: 1 adorable Pomeranian, Paris Chanel

Hobbies/Interests: Creating, fashion, design, shopping, & now - getting healthy!

Height: 5'4'' ish

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel / Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/05/2009

Starting Weight: 142 (highest weight to date!)

Present Weight: 142

Goal Weight: 115-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My own bad habits and laziness!

Following any specific plan: Replacing diet pop with teas and water, no fried / fatty foods, 30 mins exercise min., smaller portions and healthy snacks.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've FINALLY gotten to the point that I WANT to change and know I have to..I can't keep being uphappy with my body! I'm only 24..these should be my hot years..bikinis should be my friend, not the enemy! I should be proud of my body and be able to wear the cute clothes without feeling like a scary blob...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm glad I found this site and I hope to be supported & to be able to give support to anyone who needs it..we're all here for the same reason..to take our lives back and live our dreams..we'll make it happen!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #395  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: Burnaby, British Columbia

Marital Status: Living with my chocolate loving boyfriend

Children/Ages: None at the moment, he has a 5 year old daughter

Occupation: Customer Relations rep for a telecommunications company

Pets: 1 black fluffy maine coon named Sgt. Pepper

Hobbies/Interests: Almost any kind of craft, hanging out on yahoo answers, play some online games as well.

Height: 5"4 (I didn't think I would keep growing after highschool, but I have been)

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and reddish brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm going to say today after the horrible niacin incident of yesterday.

Starting Weight: 190 ish

Present Weight: Need to buy a scale to track this

Goal Weight: 160 is a good start but ultimately I'd like to be between 150-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking too it, I've lost weight during my longest running time with one of these, which is 3 weeks, and I lost a lot with a little hard work. If only I could get back up there and keep to it.

Following any specific plan: Watching what I eat, not making chocolate and snacks part of a weekly routine, working out at least 3 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm hoping you guys can keep me motivated and on track! I've been told by my doctor to lose weight, my boyfriend the chubby chaser even mentioned it, and then I saw a psychic who said it, so here I am.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope you guys can help me out, from searching around, I can see your all really great to each other, it's nice to have a specific age group as well who knows what I'm going through.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 238/238/160

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

First name: Kelly

Geographical location: Springfield, Illinois

Marital Status: engaged... wedding July 2010

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: Diesel and Daphne (twin minpins)

Hobbies/Interests: scuba diving, hangin with friends

Height:5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY!!! OCTOBER 6th 2009

Starting Weight:238

Present Weight:238

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it when I fall off the wagon also just getting into the GYM!

Following any specific plan: Eating smarther and EXERCISE!!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am getting married in July and this is the biggest I have ever been sooooo it is time that I kick myself in the *** and get to going...

Anything else you would like to share with us: ????????????
Old 10-07-2009, 03:38 AM   #397  
Courtney

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/154

Height: 5'6 Age: 29

First name:Courtney

Geographical location: Texas, but currently living in OK to get my degree.

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: not yet

Pets: 1 pup

Hobbies/Interests: Big Harry Potter/Twinerd --I help plan HP symposiums, and love every minute.

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Aug 16, 2009

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 215

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Living with roommates who constantly make great smelling food and invite me to eat out at the most unhealthy restaurants.

Following any specific plan: Not yet, I'm doing pretty well by just eating less and exercising more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I had a health scare (that was all in the mind) and it put things in perspective for me. My life is more important than food.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I'm glad to be here, knowing that everyone here is on the same track that I am!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #398  

Height: 5'6.5"

First name: Beatrice

Geographical location: Denver

Pets: Sokka, rescued terrier mix

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching movies, blogging, taking walks, shopping at Target and Staples, organizing things, Doctor Who

Height: 5 foot 6.5 inches

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: official start, October 7, 2009

Starting Weight: 202.2

Present Weight: 202.2

Goal Weight: 152

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my all or nothing mentality

Following any specific plan: calorie counting. I want this to be sustainable, so I'm not going to deprive myself.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I finally feel in control of myself and my life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: This seems like a great community. I'm glad to be here!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #399  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

First name: Sylvia

Geographical location: Sacramento, Ca

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 3 chihuahuas

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking/ Spending time with family/Pets

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

Starting Weight: 219

Present Weight: 208

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food!

Following any specific plan: Nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have this site to turn too and oh geez thise site has helped me made it for a month now!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love food!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:47 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'7"

First name: Nicolle

Geographical location: BC, Canada

Marital Status: Engaged

Pets: 1 dog, belle and 1 cat, jager

Hobbies/Interests: reading, shopping, sketching

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept 14, 2009

Starting Weight: 273.5 (the .5 is s important huh? lol)

Present Weight: 264.5

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying on track and not making excuses why its "okay" to have something unhealthy because i've worked so hard/going to workout hard.

Following any specific plan: counting calories and exercising

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually focused and seeing some results for the first time which is motivating me
Old 10-11-2009, 03:22 AM   #401  

Location: Orignally from Central Ohio area now going to school in Utah

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

First name: Brittni

Geographical location: Going to college in Utah but from Ohio

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 daughter who is 8 months old

Hobbies/Interests: I like swimming, playing with my daughter, scrapbooking, watching movies

Eye/Hair Color: hazel (brown on the outside majority green and then blueish gray on the inside)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 09/26/09

Starting Weight: 227.5lbs

Present Weight: 222.4lbs

Goal Weight: 140lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my despise of exercise

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this time I have a goal and a date.. my husband and I want to have another baby in the future (well a lot more babies) and I can't just keep adding on pregnancy weight... so I have to lose my weight before I get pregnant again
Old 10-11-2009, 03:42 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 135/135/110

Height: 5'3

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Living in Queensland, Australia for Uni, but a Kiwi through and through!

Marital Status: BF of 4.5 years

Children/Ages: Nada!

Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, writing, reading, swimming, baking.

Height: 5'3.5

Eye/Hair Color: Green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6 October 2009

Starting Weight: 135lbs-ish

Present Weight: Don't know

Goal Weight: 113lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Massive junkfood fan.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories (1300 a day) and 30DS.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Have a goal: going overseas for two months in Jan and I want to look good, plus I am moving in next year with my boyfriend and his sister who are super fit health freaks, and being a super fit health freak myself will make me a lot less uncomfortable!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

First name: Lindsay

Geographical location: Maryland

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages:none

Pets:the cutest basset hound puppy, Bruce

Hobbies/Interests:going to the beach, ballet, piano

Height:5'6"

Eye/Hair Color:brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 28,2009

Starting Weight:220 (yikes!)

Present Weight:215

Goal Weight:around 130, but really I just want to be able to go to the beach in a bikini and feel good about it!!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I LOVE to eat... and I HATE the gym... haha but I'm already getting over the second

Following any specific plan: nothing specific, just counting calories and hitting the elliptical every day for an hour, some yoga, ballet, and strength training too

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I never thought I would reach the 200 mark, and seeing 220 on the scale nearly gave me a heart attack! I have booked a cruise with my boyfriend for this winter, and I want to look good in a bathing suit
Old 10-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #404  

Wink I Just Joinjed Today!!

First name:BRENDA

Geographical location: TEXAS

Marital Status:MARRIED 6 YEARS

Children/Ages:1, 5 THIS CHRISMAS

Pets:1 DOG

Hobbies/Interests:SHOPPING, WATCHING TV, COOKING, DECORATING & PAINTING

Height:5'7"

Eye/Hair Color:BROWN

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY 10/11/09

Starting Weight:165

Present Weight:165

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: TAKING CARE OF MYSELF INSTEAD OF OTHERS FOR A CHANGE

Following any specific plan: TRYING TO EAT WHOLE FOODS AND ELIMINATE PROCESSED FOODS

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I WANT TO BE ABLE TO FIND MYSELF AGAIN

Anything else you would like to share with us: I WANT TO KNOW HOW DO U STAY MOTIVATED? I CAN'T SEEM TO SEPARATED BEING A WOMAN FROM JUST BEING A WIFE AND MOM...

Last edited by yayalyn; 10-11-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #405  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyT View Post
First name: Mandy

Geographical location: The Village, OK

Marital Status: In a Relatinship

Children/Ages:

Pets: 1 adorable Pomeranian, Paris Chanel

Hobbies/Interests: Creating, fashion, design, shopping, & now - getting healthy!

Height: 5'4'' ish

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel / Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/05/2009

Starting Weight: 142 (highest weight to date!)

Present Weight: 142

Goal Weight: 115-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My own bad habits and laziness!

Following any specific plan: Replacing diet pop with teas and water, no fried / fatty foods, 30 mins exercise min., smaller portions and healthy snacks.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've FINALLY gotten to the point that I WANT to change and know I have to..I can't keep being uphappy with my body! I'm only 24..these should be my hot years..bikinis should be my friend, not the enemy! I should be proud of my body and be able to wear the cute clothes without feeling like a scary blob...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm glad I found this site and I hope to be supported & to be able to give support to anyone who needs it..we're all here for the same reason..to take our lives back and live our dreams..we'll make it happen!
I FEEL YOU GIRL!! I'M 25 & I FEEL HORRIBLE BEING AROUND MY SISTER-IN-LAWS THAT ARE IN THEIR 30'S I'M 25 THESE SHOULD BE MY HOT YEARS!!
Closed Thread