Old 09-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 323/323/295

Height: 5'6

First name: Amy

Geographical location: Nebraska

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 2 cats, Mara and Io

Hobbies/Interests: I love all things shopping, hair/makeup/nails...all that good stuff. I like watching movies, TV, being outside (when it's nice)...

Eye/Hair Color: brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/1/09

Starting Weight: 323

Present Weight: 323 (it's been a rough 13 days)

Goal Weight: 295 (for now!)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: living with an uber-picky husband who only eats like 5 things, working full time, and going to school full time, so I guess trying to find the time to exercise and eat right while constantly on the go.

Following any specific plan: My own I guess, I'm not much for counting calories, so I'm trying to stick to eating healthy and walking for now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've always been perfectly happy with myself, however we're getting closer to having children, and I'd like to be more healthy before then.

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is my struggle for something I want badly, I'd like to someday walk into a store (any store, not just for plus-size) and say "hey look! it's my size"!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:40 PM   #377  
look to windward

S/C/G: 185/178/145

Height: 5'7"

First name: Mish

Geographical location: Miami, FL

Marital Status: single/I've got a thing on the side back home

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: my roommate's super awesome cat Chloe

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, news junkie, RED SOX NATION, looking online at faux-vintage styles I can't fit into right now

Height: 5'6 1/2" (I round up usually)

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 9/13/09

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: continuing to focus on the big picture after initial successes

Following any specific plan: veg*n, lacto when I feel like it... cutting junk, stopping alcohol and nicotine consumption, cardio for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week, walking around instead of staying cooped up in my apartment/taking the bus

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never been so closely confronted with a community (Miami) that takes staying fit so seriously -- and I found this great community (3FC) with these wonderful people who have already accomplished more than I'm setting out to do! You all are amazing, an inspiration, truly.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I shed from 175 to ~150 and maintained for a couple years in college. But this is the most I've ever weighed in my life, and I'm ready to be over it! So excited to be part of this community!

I also think the reason I didn't continue losing weight is because my thighs were still over-sized for my body and I felt ashamed that with the weight loss, I couldn't get over the thing about me that troubled me the most. But I'm attacking that problem directly with my favorite new thing -- the elliptical!

Last edited by nightwasp; 09-14-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 270ish/241/150

Height: 5'5"

First name: Sara

Geographical location:Cleveland, Ohio

Marital Status:happily married

Children/Ages: DS Aidan 3, DS Grant 1

Pets: a fish named Max or Ruby. It depends on the day.

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I am going to say today but I have been struggling since last Feb.

Starting Weight:around 270

Present Weight:241? My scale is crapping out on me.

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying in a routine

Following any specific plan: nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am fed up. My 20's are almost over and I want to look and feel my best by the time I am 30.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would eventually like to be able to run.

Last edited by sperrin; 09-16-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #379  
Exercising to a better me

S/C/G: 237/See Ticker/145

Default Hi everybody!

First name: Brittney

Geographical location: Columbus, Ohio

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Registered Veterinary Technician and Professional PetStylist

Pets: 2 dogs, Trixi and Lucy, 3 cats, Buttercup, Bella, and Jon Batman

Hobbies/Interests: Painting, Drawing, Reading, Building Resin Kits aka Garage Kits (Google this!!), Watching Bones, The Simpsons, Futurama, Forensics, History, and now exercising!

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Blondish Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 09-14-2009

Starting Weight: 237

Present Weight: 232

Goal Weight: 140-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation and sabotagers!

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, minimum of 30 minutes exercise per day!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am much more serious. I've finally opened my eyes and saw what I am really doing to myself!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a great person to talk to, I'm quiet and shy when first getting to know people and it gives off the wrong impression - Once I get to know you you'll wish I'd shut up! lol I'm kidding but really feel free to talk to me about anything! I want to make alot of friends that I can count on to support me and lend support to and it doesn't always have to be about that - I'm pretty easy going and I like to laugh!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: West Virginia

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: Acting, Singing, Dancing, Crafting

Height: 5'5''

Eye/Hair Color: Grey/ Dark Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 1st

Starting Weight: 183

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Addiction to food

Following any specific plan: Zumba/ regular exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Never been this heavy before

Anything else you would like to share with us: Glad to have found you!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #381  
Started 9/20/09

S/C/G: 180/180/140

First name: Meg

Geographical location: San Jose, California

Marital Status: Single

Pets: 1 Dog! Admiral Ackbar

Hobbies/Interests: Running (a new one!), movies, video games, sci-fi, geek things, computers, travel, fashion

Height: 5'56'

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 20th, 2009

Starting Weight: 170

Present Weight: 170

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Managing stress/depression with a busy lifestyle and finding energy to make the choices I need to work out or eat well.

Following any specific plan: Just signed up for the biggest loser club.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Really inspired by the Biggest Loser and I want to look good for when I move back to LA.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Glad to be here!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 184/155/135

Height: 5'9"

First name: Lisa

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Married (2 years)

Children/Ages: Daughter (3.5 years old)

Pets: Siberian Husky (Lobo)

Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy jewelry making, knitting, and other crafting. I like to decorate (and redecorate, and redecorate). I have recently taken up leisure reading after a long hiatus during law school/bar prep/etc., and it is a big stress reliever for me.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2004-2005

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: about 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I come from a family that loves to cook, and is very good at it (I left it out of my hobbies, but truly it is one of my biggest), so I guess it would be resisting the temptation to cook those things that I know are not good for me (like beignets, sticky chicken, ribs, scones, now I am really hungry), in recognition of the fact that I might not be able to resist gorging on them when they are ready.

Following any specific plan: Not at all. I have been yo-yoing for four or five years now, and have been as low as 145 in that time.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am implementing true diet changes (just trying to overall eat less and eat smarter) and a serious exercise plan (I have been running with my dog 4-5 times a week and lifting 2-3 times) at the same time, rather than trying to work on one or the other. Also, I am seeking outside support (which is why I'm here ).

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really interested in any advice anyone has on losing the baby pooch. That is one thing that I am not sure will ever improve, so if anyone has seen (or even heard about) the light at the end of the tunnel I would love to hear about it.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:56 PM   #383  
PayPay09

S/C/G: 290/275/145

Height: 5'5

First name:Pay

Geographical location:south

Marital Status:single ladi

Children/Ages:none

Pets:not yet

Height:5'5

Eye/Hair Color:depends lol/ brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:sept 1

Starting Weight:290

Present Weight:282

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:frustration of not losing the weight, being a college student and still eat healthy, emotional eating.

Following any specific plan:counting calories and exercising :/

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I know that i have to make this happen to be happy and healthy

Anything else you would like to share with us:nope!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #384  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Red face

First name: Jaclyn

Geographical location: West Virginia

Children/Ages:0

Pets: 2 Yorkies

Hobbies/Interests:Scrapbooking, Myspace, Camping, Photography

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/Brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9-24-09

Starting Weight:235

Present Weight:235

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself.

Following any specific plan: Counting Calories & Exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to....not I need to.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love making friends! Hope I become great friends with some on here!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #385  
Recommitted: 12/29/2015

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'6" | Age: 27

First name: "Expensive"

Geographical location: North-Eastern USA

Marital Status: Single!

Children/Ages: None~

Pets: None

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey: My "official" start date would be September 16, but I lost about 12 lbs over the summer unintentionally which motivated me to start working on dropping the rest of my un-needed weight once and for all.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs at the start of the summer, 278 lbs when I began my official weight loss journey

Present Weight: 272 lbs

Goal Weight: 145lbs - 150lbs maintenance window

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Keeping my motivation alive, working out consistently, surviving (inevitable) plateaus with my sanity intact, and buying healthy foods on a college budget.

Following any specific plan: Reducing caloric intake, calorie cycling, and working out (exercise ball, resistance bands, bellydancing, yoga, etc.) 30 minutes per day, 5 days per week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have nifty software to record calories, I'm taking my measurements, I'm incorporating physical activity, and I'm holding myself accountable for things. Oh, and NOTHING is off limits this time; I'm treating my calorie allowance as a budget.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I took "before" pictures for the first time yesterday and I made them into a three-view collage so I'll actually be able to have a photographic record of my progress. I plan on taking pictures and making new collages in the "series" every 20 lbs or so.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 205/200/135

First name: Kambri

Geographical location: Colorado Springs, CO

Pets:1 cat Posha

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, cards, hiking

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Green, Lght. Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 09/01/09

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself

Following any specific plan: Counting calories amoung other things

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I really ready
Old 09-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #387  

S/C/G: 274/*ticker*/199

First name: Crystal

Geographical location: Newfoundland, Canada

Marital Status: Widowed but now newly Engaged

Children/Ages: One boy, 7.5 and two girls 4.5 and 2.5

Pets: Dog named Bear

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Spending time with the kids, watching tv

Eye/Hair Color: Greenish blue/dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 14,2009

Starting Weight: 274lbs

Present Weight: 270lbs

Goal Weight: Short term is 199lbs. Long term is undecided.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Snacking! I love to snack, especially while watching tv at night.

Following any specific plan: Reducing calorie intake, cut out all soda pop and junk food (chocolate is my weakness!) Gym 5x a week for cardio including treadmill, bike and rowing maching. Adding in weights slowly. Wii Fit on the weekends.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I wanted to lose weight before but wasn't really motivated and had no one behind me to push and make sure I was doing good. I watch the Biggest Loser and can't wait to have an After picture like them!!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was widowed in 2007, our youngest was 7 weeks old at the time. I then moved from Georiga, USA back to my home in Newfoundland, Canada and met another wonderful man who is raising my kids as his own.

Last edited by Tickle83; 09-27-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #388  
LeylandMiniChick

S/C/G: 211/199/132

Height: 159cm

First name: Jess

Geographical location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Marital Status: Been with current bf for 4 months

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: Which job? lol! I work for a finance company during the week and as a TAB telebet operator on weekends

Pets: 1 pug - Rhino, 1 rottweiler - Phoenix

Hobbies/Interests: I own a classic Leyland Mini S and I am the Vice President of the Mini Owners Club Inc QLD so we do a lot of car cruises and shows and stuff

Height: 159cm

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 06/08

Starting Weight: 96.1kg (211.4ish pounds)

Present Weight: 90.2kg (198.5ish pounds)

Goal Weight: 60kg (132 pounds)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I slipped up for a few months recently and gained about 20 pounds that I had lost last year. Keeping motivated is my biggest hurdle

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers Points plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have felt how good losing 15kg (33 pounds) feels and I want that again

Anything else you would like to share with us: I eat when I'm bored or when I'm watching tv etc so slowly replacing these bad snack foods with things like rice crackers and tzatziki dip. Also getting into cooking more than I have been lately to make healthier foods.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 158/158/120

Height: 5'0"

First name: Lynn

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Divorced

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: I love the beach, sunsets, chocolate, being in good company, music, dancing, love.

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/16

Starting Weight: 158

Present Weight: 158

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Chocolate, snacking, late night snacking...junk food in general.

Following any specific plan: WW, lots of water, spinning once a week, Wii Fit twice a week, trying to stick to my daily pts but snacking gets in the way!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past, I would only lose weight if I was either depressed or had daily motivation from a determined individual. I am determined by nature but I can't seem to be strong with weight loss...ugh!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to reach my goal weight by my 29th birthday which is 13 weeks from TODAY. I think I could do it...28 lbs...I NEED YOUR HELP!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #390  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: South Jersey

Children/Ages: None yet.

Pets: 3 cats.

Hobbies/Interests: Cake decorating, animals.

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes are blue, hair is dark brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/26/09

Starting Weight: Around 245 I think...

Present Weight: Around 245?

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: FRIED FOODS.

Following any specific plan: Gym daily...

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am over being over weight. Can't deal with it anymore. Having a lot of health problems with conceiving a child because of my weight.

So, hi
Closed Thread