Old 12-04-2008, 11:50 PM   #31  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Viatre, my weight has also being going down pretty quickly. I cut my calories about 300-400 this last week and it was like half-to-a-lb lost each day. It would be great if it kept going at this rate but I doubt it! Also, I'm bound to be off-point sometime... it's just human.

Soleil, can you keep one and give the rest away? Or go halfsies with someone? I don't think you should totally restrict yourself, at least for me I go crazy! Or cut them into tiny pieces and eat like, one a day?

I'm a big sweets fan and I've even started splitting snack-size candy with my boyfriend. We got all this Reese's Halloween candy and most of that stuff is 80-120 calories each so I will take half a peanut butter cup or half a small pack of Reese's Pieces. It's worked amazingly well for me, I don't feel deprived but I'm barely making a dent in my calories.

I love to read what everyone eats everyday. It gives me ideas.

So far today has been pretty easy. The food is getting a lot easier and part of me is like, yay, I've mastered portion control! But the exercise is NOT. The only exercise I actually like to do is Dance Dance Revolution and it's probably best for my body to challenge it by doing different things everyday, like going to the gym and using workout videos.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:55 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Soleil--On biggest loser recently they suggested when you make a batch of brownies to keep one or two out them wrap the rest in wax paper and put in a freezer bag and freeze. Then just take one out here and there. Maybe you could try that with the peppermint brownies.

joyra--the popcorn I ate was a prepopped flavored kind in a bag. I'm not sure about the number of servings in microwave popcorn

Today went well again.

60 minutes on elliptical

Food:
Lucky Charms (150)
Coffee with milk and sugar (100)
Turkey sandwich (270)
Chips (150)
Apple (80)
Special K bar (90)
Dark chocolate (210)
Turkey Sandwich (250)
Chips (150)

The chips weren't the best thing to eat but I am so proud of myself that i limited them to one serving each time when normally I would devour the whole bag. And I ate more dark chocolate than I had planned on but still came in at 1450 calories so today was a success.

I'm going to try to eat more veggies and fruit. I had NO VEGGIES today! (unless you count the potatoes in the potato chips, haha!) That's so unhealthy.
katie3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #33  
keeping on keeping on

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

That is amazing Katie, good job sticking with one serving size at a time! This is a lifestyle, after all, and it is awesome that you are finding ways to incorporate your favourite things into it and not letting it affect your decision to lose weight! Kudos.

As for the peppermint brownies... I had one last night! I actually couldn't finish it because it was so sweet! I guess a few weeks without sugar really changes your taste buds. So, this morning I brought the rest into my BFs work where they will quickly be devoured.

Joyra, this week I have been dropping weight like you have. It is nice to see the numbers going down, but I feel like it won't last forever. I also need to start exercising... my favourite, Bikram's yoga, is a little out of my affordability range at the moment and I am having a hard time getting motivated about anything else.

Oh well! I love to walk too, and I should start doing more of it... though in this weather I will need mittens, a hat, scarf, boots and coat! It is chillly!!
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #34  
Joggernaut

Soleil, I think you did good! One brownie is nothing to be upset about... the whole batch, that might have been a problem! Actually, I'd LOVE a brownie. Wheat is not very common here.

Yesterday was my worst day all week, though not terrible. I do feel kind of guilty though.

Exercise:
30-ish minutes - Brisk walk home (holy cold!!!!)

Food:
Bfst - Leftover pasta w/ beans & veggies
Lunch - Kimchi, rice, sweet onions, soup broth and mayo-covered apples. Yuck! Another thing Koreans love to do is to drench fruit in mayo. I just had a couple bites... like I've said, I think it's important for me to take a bit of everything (non-meaty) for harmony's sake
Dinner - MCDONALDS: Chicken Sandwich (mayo wiped off), medium Fry, Coke
Snack - half a dark chocolate bar
Total: 1850

Very indulgent day, not the most exercise, but I guess not horrible. My calories were still low enough I should've pulled a deficit, oh so slightly. I keep reviewing how I could've made it better, like asked for diet Coke or no Coke or had a few Reese's Pieces instead of the chocolate bar or had fruit & yogurt for breakfast instead of leftovers. Oh well. Next time I guess.

New low weight though today: 160.6. Down 2.2 for the week. My tracking day is Monday so that's where I really based how much I'm losing each week.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #35  

Soleil--good job with the brownies. I hear many people say that sweet foods get too sweet for them after not eating them for so long. I hope that happens to me! Although even now even the sweetest thing is not too sweet for me.

Today:

Exercise: 30 minutes, intervals on elliptical (all out for 30 seconds, recover for 60 seconds)

Food:
Turkey and Roast Beef Sandwich (200)
Chips (200)
Root Beer (170)
Lean Pocket (290)
Special K bar (90)
Chocolate (160)
Half a roast beef sandwich (80)

Almost just like yesterday's food. I tend to go in phases and eat the same thing every day until I'm out of that food.

Wow, 5 days on plan! yay! tomorrow may not go so well as I'm going out tomorrow night and may drink some. I'll try to stay in moderation. We'll see. I hardly ever drink so I want to enjoy myself.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:08 AM   #36  
keeping on keeping on

Breakfast: Oatmeal with hemp hearts and tsp of jam
Snack: Hard-boiled egg
Lunch: orange, yoghurt, couscous with mushroom chicken
Dinner: Hamburger with cheese and fries. 1 beer. Few bites of a Churro.
Late night snack: more couscous and mushroom chicken!

I went to a rock concert tonight. My best friend won a 'VIP' concert experience... we got box seats, passage to the floor, and all sorts of perks! I am surprised I only had one beer, but glad I did! I ended up at about 1900 calories for the day, which is only 100 about my 1800 goal. However, all the food I had was so salty! I will have to drink my weight in water to help get rid of it!
Old 12-06-2008, 08:24 AM   #37  

Yesterday wasn't my best, but I still woke up considerably lighter!
Lean cuisine (220 cal)
Ham and Cheese wrap (500ish)
Oranges / Bell Pepper (150ish)
Granola (100 cal)
Stuff I've forgotten (100 cal)
So, I had 1070 calories on plan, and then I had another 500 or so in sweets I wasn't expecting. They just snuck up on me! My school has "cake club" on Fridays, so I had a sliver of cake there, then it was someone's birthday at rehearsal, so more cake, then someone gave me half their cookie at lunch, and then my sister had her wisdom teeth removed so there is at least a gallon of ice cream in our freezer. So yeah, not my best day.

But, yesterday I weighed 180.5, and today I weighed in at 178.5, which is awesome!

Oh, and I did C25K Week 1 Day 3 yesterday.

My plan for today is:
Breakfast- Granola, Banana
Lunch - Lean Cuisine, Fruit
Dinner - with family, whatever they fix...
Snacks: small ice cream, 3 oranges, some veggies.

We'll see how it goes! Oh, for exercise today, I have a two hour lacrosse practice! So that should be good too.
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 AM   #38  
keeping on keeping on

I am watching 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' with all of the lights off in my apartment except for christmas lights. We decorated today and now it feels magical!

Viatre - Congratulations on the loss to the 170's! Amazing. I can't wait to be there again. Also, I played lacrosse in high school... Do you play box or field? I played field.

Food today:
Breakfast- oatmeal with hemp hearts and tsp. jam
Snack- orange, small non-fat latte.
Lunch- couscous and mushroom chicken
Snack- Cottage Cheese, Orange, Steamed Apple Juice.
Supper - couscous and mushroom chicken (... almost done with it! I made soooo much) with steamed green beans.
Snack- 3 (!!) gingerbread cookies, mug of chai tea with milk and a touch of eggnog.

I weighed in at 196.5 today, even after my unhealthy day yesterday so hopefully it sticks. I have an exam on Monday and so hopefully I won't stress eat tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #39  

I just want to wipe today out of history

No workout---I just kept hitting the snooze button until I REALLY had to wake up for work

Food:
Lucky Charms (150)
Juicy Juice (100)
At work---Mexican potluck
-one fried wonton
-2 bites of some curry dish
-2 tiny tortilla rolls with cream cheese
-a little bit of a dish with chicken, cheese, sauce and tortilla
-one tostada
-corn with some creamy sauce
Out with my husband's friends
-tequila shot
-2 light beers (locally brewed)
-scooby doo shot
-munched on my husband's dinner (vegetables and mashed potatoes)
oh yeah, and a special K bar also at work (90)

So I have NO IDEA how many calories I ate today. I think I should try to work out twice tomorrow!!!

Soleil--great job on only having one beer!!!! I wish I had that kind of will power tonight!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #40  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey guys im gonna jump in here if thats ok??

i slept in late! today but i actually slept so think i needed it.

Brunch: 2 slices granary bread, light mayo, 2 grilled back bacon slices lettuce and mushrooms, cup of tea with milk and sweetener
Snack: plum, organic apple!
Dinner: roast chicken, no skin, dry roast parsnips, carrots and potatoes, red cabbage brocolli and cauliflower, bread sauce. lovely home roast!
drinks: diet coke, diet redbull
that lot should be well within my 1500 cal goal!
i need to get my water sorted this week, didnt really exercise today although i did go grocery shopping and cleaned my kitchen and batch cooked for a couple hours!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #41  
Joggernaut

Whoops didn't check in all weekend! It went.. okay. My limit is 1500 cal each day and I pretty much hit that on the nose both days and that disappointed me. I shouldn't set that limit if I'm going to beat myself up for eating that much... but really it's still very healthy and I can still lose on it so I'll keep it. Maybe I am too hard on myself.

Saturday:
Exercise:
C25K W2D3 - 26 minutes
Stationary bike - 25 minutes

Food:
Bfst - Clementine, Crackers & cheese
Lunch - Ramen & cheese
Snack - Peanuts, more crackers & cheese
Dinner - Sweet & sour soybeans, rice
Snack - Reese's Pieces
Total: 1500

Sunday:
Exercise:
Wii Sports - 45 minutes
DDR - 20 minutes (325 calories)

Food:
Bfst - Leftover Sweet & Sour soybeans, rice
Lunch - Yogurt, clementine
Dinner - Nachos
Snack - 6 squares of a dark chocolate bar
Total: 1510

I was also out and active each day. Saturday I went shopping and Sunday I went to this Buddhist temple and walked around a lot. I even carefully counted out my chips for nachos (only ate 18, but it was still 270 calories).

I think it's TOM-time and I'm feeling mood-swing-y and bloated.

How's everyone else's weekend? I totally have the Mondays and don't want to be at work but on the other hand, I eat great during the week... so it's a positive.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #42  

Today has been good. I weighed in at 176.5, putting me down six pounds from last Sunday!
I ate:
Cereal / Milk / Banana: 300 calories
Ham and cheese wrap: 400 calories
Apple and Cheese: 200 calories
Small Cookie: 100 calories (probably less, but w/e)
Bowl of Soup: 120 calories
For 1120 so far. I'm planning on having another bowl of soup and maybe another cookie to finish off the night.

For exercise, I did C25K W2D1 and then walked another half hour!
Hopefully I'll weigh in well tomorrow and won't mess it all up!
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #43  

Paula--welcome!

Viatre--congratulations on the weight loss!

I'm actually looking forward to monday cause after tomorrow is over I have off on Tuesday! My schedule kind of sucks cause I have to work every other weekend. And I find it hard to work out on weekends when I work.

Today I ate:
Rice Krispies (150)
Coffee with creamer (50)
Turkey and Roast Beef sandwich (160)
Orange (80)
Chocolate (105)
Special K bar (90)
Fruit Snacks (100)
Fried chicken (500)
Half slice of cake (200)
Total 1435

Not a very healthy day but as long as I don't eat anything else, I'm under my goal of 1500 calories. Now I'm just waiting for my dinner to digest so I can go downstairs and workout.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 4'10"

Default new to this

Hello girls.. I'm new to this whole thing. I heard about this site through a friend and then I saw this thread as I was browsing around. This is exactly what I think I need. I need to feel some kind of accountability, and not just to myself 'cause I tend to let myself down quite a bit. I'm not really sure what I'm doing or if I'm even doing it right, but I'm hoping to meet some girls who are going through similar life experiences and maybe just get that little nudge of support every once in a while. All my friends out of the cyber-world are skinny and beautiful and don't have a clue how hard it is to not be naturally thin. I'm excited to get started!
hopabobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #45  
keeping on keeping on

Hey guys,

I have an exam tomorrow and have been cooped up in the library all day. Ugh.

Welcome Paula and hopabobbit!

joyra - amazing job sticking to the calorie limit for the weekend. It sounds like it was interesting visiting the temple!
Viatre - congrats on the weight loss! You are doing really well! I hope my scale looks as pretty when my official weigh in comes around (weds!)
katie - yay for being under goal!

Breakfast: Oatmeal with Hemp hearts and tsp jam
Snack: Tea with milk
Lunch: couscous and mushroom chicken, apple
Snack: apple and 3oz cottage cheese
Supper: hekkien noodles with chicken, vegetables, and chili plum sauce.
Snack: Tea with milk

It is so hard to resist snacking when I am stressed out from school but at least I only have 12 more days until it is all over. The books are calling my name...

Last edited by Soleil; 12-08-2008 at 12:56 AM. Reason: forgot to put my food for the day in!