Old 11-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat Nov 24 - 30

Happy almost Thanksgiving to all the other Americans here. Isn’t it weird that we have an entire holiday dedicated to gluttony? Maybe that is one of the things wrong and causing the obesity epidemic in America. Just a thought.

Anyways my weekend went well. No binging. Even last night when I was in the store staring at the ice cream thinking about buying it. I did some shopping Friday, then Saturday I cleaned my apartment. It’s weird I find cleaning my apartment and it being clean relaxes me going into finals. Sunday was a homework day. Got a lot done. I can’t believe my semester (and finals) will be done in 21 days. Wow.

Goal for the week:
Drink 8 8 oz classes of water daily. I use to drink at least 12 but really have been slacking.
Binge free thanksgiving.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #2  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I hate myself!!!

LOL! Don’t ask.

Moving on, I had a binge free weekend....kind of. I may have to start skipping Sunday brunch though. But other than that, I didn't binge at all. I even worked out on Sunday. I never work out on Sundays. Only 48 hours until I step on the Scale for the first time since 10/9...Not really looking forward to it. I feel good, but we all know the scale sometimes disagrees with the way we're feeling.

So over the weekend, I pulled out my old HP desk top computer and fired it up...didn't expect it to work...it's more than 7 years old--it has the operating system before XP...the ME edition with was sucky for lack of a better word. But it still works. I was able to pull off my old pics of myself from when was in my 320 pound range. I was really round. I sent them to my friend and she was like, "I don't remember you looking like that'. I'm thinking, neither did I. So, if the scale pisses me off, I have to remember that things have changed.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Cali- You know I'm about to ask? Um, what's up with your first statement?

Come on girl, I want to see the pics of you at 320 compared to now.

Remember- Yay to a productive weekend! I can't believe it's Thanksgiving let alone almost Christmas. People keep telling me Happy Holidays, and I'm like really? Did you just tell me that? This year as flown by!

As for me, I had an awesome weekend. Well, I worked from 6:30 am-2:30 at my job. I did all my exercises... and ate on plan. I went out for sushi on Sat night and did really good! I also found out on Sunday that one of my friends ride horses every weekend. I use to love riding horses when I was younger but didn't think it was a possibility now. She told me that I was crazy and that I could easily ride a horse. I told her I weighed 275 pounds, she was like so? SO, I'm going to ride a horse in two weeks! I'm so excited. I love that things I never thought would be possible are possible.

I tried on my coat from last year and when I zip it, it doesn't even touch me on my core at all. I can't even wear it b/c it doesn't keep me warm. Imagine that! Today is a short week and I'm just having a great day!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #4  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

LOL! I'm so not getting into my self hate issues. I get all repetitive and mess.

I will post pics as soon as I take new 'recent' pics. The ones I have now, I look all busted.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #5  

Cali- You crack me up. It's so slow on here today. Where is everyone?

So I guess the country in me is coming out today. B/c several people have just been talking mess to me just playing, but I put them in their place. They were like wow, I thought you were this little sweet white girl that works in the office. I was like, first of all thanks for calling me little, lol 2nd of all, I'm from the country, y'all don't know me. lol It was funny... I swear people have to pick their jaw off the floor when I talk smack back. You would think sense I threaten violence once a week that they should know.... but guess not.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

RHTS - A holiday dedicated to gluttony there is something wrong with that! The fact that it is my FAVORITE holiday also something wrong lol. I just LOVE my mommas holiday cooking a little too much lol. I always feel oddly relaxed after cleaning too. I think its more when my house is in shambles it adds to my stress. Binge free thanksgiving? I need one too lol good luck girly you can doit!

cali - SOmetimes pictures can say so much more. I bet you feel good after seeing those. Remember the scale is only part of the picture... There is also measurements and how you feel absolutely plays a big part in it. Good luck with your weigh in!

HWGA - Sounds like your on an awesome high from this weekend and having agreat day! Thats awesome about the coat. Somehow my clothes fitting loose is even more rewarding than a loss on the scale. Ooooh riding is so fun, Im jealous.

As for me...

I made it through the weekend! This is absolutely unheard of for me. No binging, good for me foods, even a workout. Oh and did I mention I am down 2 lbs this week and got 2 new wedding inquiries for my business. Today is an awesome day. I feel amazing. This week being Thanksgiving week is usually hard but this year will be harder than normal. I am going to my families on Wedneday, DH's families on Thurs and a family friends on Fri. 3 Thanksgivings to behave myself through... hrmmm.... Can it be done lol?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #7  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Today it is like a blizzard outside. Its blowing like crazy, snow and ice everywhere and the furnace in the clinic building is down! Its freezing in here! I hope none of our patients have to disrobe for an exam.

I'm having hive issues. I have hives in my mouth, my eyes, face, neck and chest. I am so itchy. And I can't figure out what its from. I've used only the normal products and foods today.

Didn't work out friday or saturday. Friday my son took a huge digger to the head and knocked himself clean out. He has a black eye from above his eyebrow all the way down to mid cheek and a big swollen black blue lip. Luckily, we made it out without losing any teeth or needing sutures...which is usually the case with him. His head is a battlefield.

But last night I made it to cardio, did 75 minutes out of guilt for two days off in a row.

Remember: I cleaned also...although, my cleaning seemed to make things worse.

Cali: You know we are going to ask....What?

HWGA: Horses freak me the heck out. I stay far away. They have huge heads...omg.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #8  

Ghost- Wow, you had an eventful weekend. Are you stressed out about something? I haven't heard of hives in the mouth. Could it be shingles or something? That was probably a stupid question. lol Do you get this often? Your son knocked himself out? That's awful! Sadly, I have actually done that. But I was in a wooden bunk bed in 2005, and I forgot where I was. I sat straight up and slammed my head against the beam. I knocked myself out and gave myself a concussion. I was in too much pain to be embarrassed.

Steph- 3 Thanksgivings? Wow! You are brave.I think you can do it no problem. You have so much discipline and remember calorie cycling is good! lol
Old 11-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #9  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I'm having a pretty good week, other than this stubborn respiratory thing i have going on. Will try to work out tomorrow, because i just wasn't feeling that up to it today. Is everyone else sick? Just in time for the holidays!
Good luck to all of you out there in the biggest loser challenge!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #10  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

HWGA: Ya, hives happen often to me. Sadly, I am allergic to a lot of weird things. And yes, knocked himself clean out. He was running across my friends livingroom and tripped landed on his head and skidded to a halt on his face. It was brutal, like, slow motion brutal...

Misstraveller, hope you feel better, I hate being sick over holidays.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #11  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I am 18 days from graduation woot woot. It is so weird to see this chapter of my life come to a close. I honestly thought I would never get here, but I am sending out grad invites this week. eeeeeeee!!!!!

I am kinda upset with my one of my good friends. I asked her to come to graduation and the ensuing party. She says well I might be able to come to the graduation but not the party. I asked why, and she said that she was taking her niece out for her birthday, she'll be 12. She does it every year each of her nieces and nephews gets a special shopping/movie/go out to eat/do whatever day, she has to take off work for this. I normally wouldn't have an issue with it but my graduation comes around once and the kid is going to have another birthday next year. She said that last year the girl got shafted because of some family decisions to go somewhere and they only to go out for like 3-4 hours. She has pretty much raised the girl she is taking out that say she moved in with her sister and took care of them, and sees them constantly since she has moved back out. I think the girl could stand to do her shopping day another day.

I will admit I am being very center of attention, and selfish about the whole graduation thing. I am the first person to graduate college on my dads side of the family and I convinced my parents to throw me a party (long story). I want her to be there and I sorta feel like she is flaking out on me. We are just about family we are so close and I guess that's the reason why I am a little bit at a loss.

Am I at least a little right for being upset?
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #12  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Bee- i'd be at least a bit upset. Dunno if that makes it right but yeah, graduation for me was a big thing too
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #13  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I can totally imagine that you feel a bit like your friend is ditching you for some 12 year old. But I don't know if that makes it right either . It sounds like your friend is pretty attached to this niece; maybe she has different priorities. Or maybe she planned it a long time in advance and heard about your graduation just lately? It's not like you can do anything about it, except for saying: "Well, I really think it's a shame that you can not come to the party. I only graduate once, you're an important person to me and I would really like it if you were there. But your priorities are only yours to decide." Haha, maybe better leave that last sentence out . I personally wouldn't dream of missing a friends graduation except for a funeral, family member in a hospital or something like that. Sadly I've never been to one; you're allowed to invite a max or 10 people around here and most people only invite their family.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #14  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

10 people :O I got to invite 3, any more and you have to request more tickets and you're not guaranteed them >.<
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Woo hoo my afternoon class was cancelled today. Which means I got to come home and work on outlining for my finals and doing laundry (it’s been piling up for a couple of weeks now). I’m kindof struggling with food today because I want to eat everything. Maybe it’s because I’m at home alone or who knows.
I pulled a muscle in my neck and back which sucks big time. I’m really sore. But on a good note I think I’m over my cold.

Cali – Hang in there we love you! I’m sure you’ll rock the scale. It’s funny you talked about looking at old pictures I was talking with my best friend a couple of weeks ago and she said something about how I had a great pear figure, she then made a comment how she had a round figure and I had to remind her that at 300 I had a round figure.

HWGA – I know I can’t believe the year is almost over. Good job staying on plan this weekend!!! I love when you try on things and they are ridiculously too big. I got a medium men’s hoddie from Steven and Berry’s a few months ago, I wore it for the first time today and it’s almost too big on me. Weird.

Stephanie – I use to love Thanksgiving because it meant my family got together. Since my parents moved I haven’t really and a great thanksgiving so hopefully this year. Great job on getting more business. And the binge free weekend.

Ghost – I refused to go to work when the heat was out. I said I wasn’t going to get myself sick over a days work. Sorry about your sons black eye.

MissTraveller – Fell better. I was starting to get sick but then loaded up on multi-vitamins and vitamin c.

Bee – I graduate in May and I’ve already made a big deal about it. I’ve told everyone that they are expected to be there and they better have amazing excuses if they can’t. I only graduate from law school once. Yes this is my third graduation in the last 8 years but still it’s a huge day in my life. I think at 12 she could explain to her niece about the graduation and make plans for the next day.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote