Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Biggest Loser: Blue Team Thread

Hey Blue Team!

So here's the deal... every Monday morning weigh yourself, and post your weight here (I've changed it to every Monday instead of every Sunday, it makes more sense, but it MUST be posted by Monday at noon to stay in the game).

Also post your final goal weight, and do the quick math to figure out how many pounds you are from that weight (Current weight [minus] goal weight).

Your team will have to elect a captain (soon!), and that person will add up the numbers:

1. Add together your team's total weight.
2. Add together the total number of pounds that need to be lost to get to everyone's goals.
3. Make a Blue Team's total weight, and number of pounds to be lost this week... then next week, add in the total number of pounds lost that week.

Use this thread to get to know your teammates. Get everyone to dish about their eating habits, their workout routines, strengths, weaknesses, what you can bring to the table, and what you need help with. Give each other suggestions, encouragement, new ideas and strategize. Let's see it ladies. Which team can be the Biggest Loser?

Important Note: When you're checking the thread in the future, be sure to check this first post before anything else. It's where updates will be posted about the game!

Last edited by Jelbb; 11-16-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:48 AM   #2  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Hi Blues!

I'm so excited to be on the Biggest Loser! Even if it's just on the internet and I don't have Bob to make me cry--but I do own Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and shed a tear or two using that.

I am STUCK between 164-168 lbs. Seriously, if it weren't for the fact that my boyfriend does not weight in that range, I would think that my scale was broken. Anyways, I just joined a gym on Saturday and its conveniently located right across the street so I'm going to try to go 5-6 days a week (it's not open on Sundays, boohoo! ). I'm also going to be more mindful of carbohydrates, salt, and CANDY, my best friend and my nemesis. I used to be great at tracking everything I ate at Prevention's healthtracker, I'm going to try to be diligent with that during this challenge as well.

It's funny I'm on the blue team, I haven't generally liked the Blue teams on the last many seasons of the Biggest Loser. I'm a Jill girl. But we'll make it work! Go BLUES!

Oh yeah and a note: I am 14 hours ahead of the Eastern timezone in America so when I weigh in on Monday AMs, it will be much sooner than the rest of y'all.

Last edited by joyra; 11-16-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

Note to all: Hey everyone! When posting your current weight and goal weight, do not post the goal that you have for the end of the 4 weeks. Post your GOAL WEIGHT.
Cheers!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like the blue team is going to be an international team as I'm in the UK!

I'm the same with the blue team in the show. I've generally not liked them as much as Jillians teams. I'll have to stick to the 30 day shread for my Jillian fix

I'm going to be hitting the gym again this week as I always feel more inclined to eat healthier if I've taken the effort to exercise. We have one where I work so I really have no excuse not to go

Can't wait to get going with this. It's such a great idea
Old 11-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #5  
Joggernaut

First Weigh-In!

It's about 8 am in the Asia/Seoul timezone (I don't know if that's the official name or what). I'm sad to see not much more chatter from the Blues! Anyways, I can be team captain unless someone really had an itch for it. I'm just offering because nobody else has... if you wanna do it, go ahead!

So I think my stats look like this:
Starting Weight (SW): 166
Goal Weight (GW): 115
Difference: 51 lbs

I'd love to lose 15 lbs in this challenge. Or even 10. Or even 5 (considering I have not lost 5 lbs in MONTHS).

My plan for today is to go to the gym after work and to track my calories on healthtracker.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi Blue Team!

I'm excited to be a part of the challenge. I have never actually kept up with Biggest Loser (I know, I know), but I know the general idea of the show. I'm really pumped up, because I reached my 10 pounds lost mark yesterday. Yay! Go me! I'm a calorie counter (1600-1800/day), and I try to work out at least 3 times a week. I might try to step it up for the team, though.

Here's where I am:
Current Weight: 235.2
Goal Weight 180
Difference: 55.2

I really want to hit 225 by New Years (the smallest I've been in my adult life). So I hope to lose 8 lbs (2/week) during this challenge. Best of luck, team!

Joyra I am totally cool with you being captain.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:02 AM   #7  

Morning Blue Team!!

We're up to 3 people now. Are the others out there??

My starting weight for the challenge is 176 and my target is 125. Thats a difference of 51 pounds.

Joyra I'm ok if you want to be captain. I'm no good with numbers so we would either end up doing really badly or really great with my bad Maths!!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:42 AM   #8  
Queen Yo-yo

Hey ladies!
If the other girlies don't check in in the next twelve hours or so, the three of you can compete without them. It shouldn't alter the numbers really drastically.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #9  

Calling all Blues! Come and join the fun!!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/217.8/170

Height: 5'6''

Sorry ladies, I was in the emergency room with chest pain. YOu dont have to worry though. i am definetly A OKAY. I have started a gym membership on friday, so I can kick it into high gear! My Current Weight is 237. My Goal weight by the end of these four weeks is 220. I know that that is seventeen pounds but I have high expectations for myself (and I usually lose a lot of water wieght when I kick it into high gear.) I have not exercised in about 1 month so I am definely ready to burn some Calories. WWHHHOOOOOOOWW!!!
Go BLUE!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyra View Post
First Weigh-In!

It's about 8 am in the Asia/Seoul timezone (I don't know if that's the official name or what). I'm sad to see not much more chatter from the Blues! Anyways, I can be team captain unless someone really had an itch for it. I'm just offering because nobody else has... if you wanna do it, go ahead!

So I think my stats look like this:
Starting Weight (SW): 166
Goal Weight (GW): 115
Difference: 51 lbs

I'd love to lose 15 lbs in this challenge. Or even 10. Or even 5 (considering I have not lost 5 lbs in MONTHS).

My plan for today is to go to the gym after work and to track my calories on healthtracker.

You sound like you would be a great team leader!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelD View Post
Calling all Blues! Come and join the fun!!
IM HERE SORRY IM LATE!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #13  
Joggernaut

Motiv8me, I'm sorry to hear you had to go to the hospital! I really hope that your health continues to be okay!

Also, I think we are supposed to use your overall goal weight, which it looks like from your ticker is 170. So you have a total difference of 67 lbs. We'll add all the weights together and next week figure out what percentage we've lost based on our total weight loss for the week.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8me View Post
IM HERE SORRY IM LATE!!!!!!!

That's alright. You have a more than adequate excuse. Glad you are ok

So how has everyone's first day been? Mines been busy so not too much opportunity to sit and think about food and eating. I just wish the weather wasn't so bad. Its been so grey and rainy here that I just feel like hiding away at home where its nice and warm.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

My first day wasn't great. I had a meeting over lunch at a wing place. I had wings and fries (sadly, the healthiest thing they served). But, I think I can balance it out. Last night I went to the gym and was on the elliptical for 35 minutes, so I think I'll do it again tonight.
Closed Thread