Old 11-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

i got it at 12 too! haha i already knew what it was so i wasnt that surprised if anything i was happy lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #32  

Height: 5'9"

I knew what is was before it happened, and I had been struggling with cramps for about a week before. I woke up one morning, I was 12-13 (summer before grade 8), went to the bathroom and when I stood up to flush I noticed the water was a different colour than normal. I sat back down, called my mom and stayed sitting on the toilet until she got back from the store.
We went shopping in a nearby city with our neighbours, who randomly at one point punched me in the arm and said "Welcome to being a woman". I was so embarassed that my mom told that I cried and wouldn't talk to her until dinner, when we went out and she promised she would never tell another soul, aside from my grandmother.

Last edited by Megsicle; 11-06-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Megsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I'm actually about to start.. ugh. Its so much work for me now because I have 4 a year and I'm so used to not having one that I forget to put tampons in my purse and such. It becomes such an issue, at my age, thats ridiculous

I was 15ish. I had one really light period about two years before that and my mom explained everything then, not that I didn't already know because obviously half of class already had theirs. But it was absolutely no big deal other than the fact that I thought it was absolutely disgusting.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I was 13. I lived with my dad and my grandma, so when it happened my grandma gave me a bunch of fabric and some gauze/cotton to use as a pad. It wasn't comfortable. I guess thats what they used in the old days. Anyways later during the day my dad found out and got me some real pads.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #35  
I want a bikini 4 Hawaii!

S/C/G: 238/210/130

Height: 5'5"

I had found out what a period was about two weeks before I got mine, so that was lucky cuz I would have totally wigged out.
I was eleven, and it was during a science club meeting after school. I didn't realize what it was cuz it wasn't that heavy, and it stopped later in the afternoon.
The next day at school it started again, this time like the elevator doors in the shining and I went to the office to get sent home... I spent the rest of the day watching all the Urban Legend movies...
It was funny cuz I was the first person in my class to get it, and everyone thought I was handicapped lol...
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

I was only 10 when i started. I was living with my grandmother and no idea what was going on. She tried to explain it to me and then i remember being so embarrassed.So after having 2 girls of my own I didnt want them to be embarrased for be afraid to talk to me about it..so i started early telling them about it. Not hiding the fact that i had one monthly. My girls were both 12 when they started..my oldest acted like she was dying..my youngest came home from church grabbed a tampon and out the door she went excited to have started!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #37  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I was 9 years old and not particularly happy about it.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I was 11. It was around Christmas time and I felt soooo sick, like I had the flu. I hid it for a loooong time. My mom never talked about stuff like that with any of the kids. I would use toilet paper or "borrow" pads when I was at my sisters' places. When my mom finally figured it out her exact words were "What do you want me to buy, the kind that goes inside? Or the kind that goes outside?"
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #39  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

lol... wow. I didn't realize how young I was when I started... I was 8. My parents had divorced, and my mom and I moved out of the house. I was on one of my FIRST over-nighters with my Dad, and we went to the movies to see "Babe" (one of the best movies, btw lol).

We got home, and I had to use the bathroom-- lo and behold!!! *sigh* So I yelled to my dad, and I was like "blood?" And he became really nervous and called my mom.

My mom... lol TRIED to do the ritual thing... She lit candles, and held my hands and did the whole "now you are a woman" speech... And we had these Salt & Pepper shakers that were a boy fish and a girl fish (lovingly nicknamed "Moby and Minnie Dick" ) And she proceeded to use those as action figures to explain the birds and the bees... lol It was traumatizing. She told me years later that she always resented me starting my period at my Dad's house... (as if I had a choice???)

My favorite memory about TOM, though, is that my mom told me that she used to get debilitating cramps that would make her stay home from school... lol She shouldn't have put that thought in my head I missed many-a-day of school pretending to have cramps!
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #40  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

WoW some of these are great. I think that its awesome that some go tlittle celebrations. Now if only in 15 years when i have a daugher that starts her period i can remember that.

I was 10 and it was a Merry x-mas for me. I remember my stomach hurting when i got up and was thinking to myself wow merry friggin x-mas. We learned about this stuff in the 3rd grade (i was in 5th) so it wasnt really a surprise. I was more ticked off that it was on x-mas morning.
And that i was scared to tell my mom. I sat on my bed for a long time debating on what i should do. She wanted to show me how the pad went on and i just remember being so angry that she thought i would actually let her show me.

Kinda ot but the next period i had i pretty much demanded that she buy me tampons. Im sitting in the bathroom reading the box trying to figure out how it works and she kept banging on the dang door. Like do you need any help?! Umm no thanks no help here. I prolly should have asked for help cause she got me the ones with the plastic applicator and i didnt know how to use it so i left the plastic thing on and 1 it was painful and 2 the stupid thing kept slipping out. It prolly took 4 periods to realize this. Man that should relly be a part of sex ed in grade school. How to use a pad and a tampon

Last edited by CandyKisses0204; 11-06-2008 at 05:33 PM.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #41  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Hahah I had the same issue with tampons. I used pads for probably the first two years, but then decided I wanted to switch. I remember I couldn't find where I was supposed to put it lol And yes, mine fell out and actually hurt really bad. Apparently, I wasn't doing it right. Luckily, I have figured it out since then
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #42  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Yea. I think tampons are pretty much a life saver and one of the best inventions ever
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #43  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Well, it was the summer before my 8th grade year. July something.... I knew what it was because my mom was very blunt when we were growing up. However, I felt disgusting. I slapped a pantyliner on down there and went to the basement to jump up an down where I wouldn't be heard or saw. Apparently even though I knew how that stuff worked, i somehow thought that jumping up and down would make it all fall out at once and I could be done with the whole embarrassing ordeal. :blush:

Wow, I bet that was a sight to see...
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who used a tampon the wrong way! I felt like such an idiot, lol.
I was 13 and in school. The night before I had horrible cramps and just thought it was gas/constipation/whatever. My mom gave me the talk when I was 9, so when it happened at school I was pretty calm. I pretty much just told my teacher I was leaving, and I did! I think she was shocked such a quiet,nerdy girl would be so assertive, ha ha! I called my mom and she picked me up from school. She later told me she had a hunch I would start that day because I had complained of tummy pains the night before.
We had a special afternoon and did some shopping a few days later.
Dad blushed a lot, gave me a quick hug, and asked if I needed "anything" from the store....
I did have hideous cramps so bad I could hardly walk--they lasted every month for 2 years, until my dr. put my on the pill. Very few cramps now!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #45  
starting over again

I had a really bad stomach ache during my 7th grade english midterm and thought I was getting sick. After the midterm was over I went to the bathroom and "discovered" what was going on. I wasn't thrilled.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote