Old 12-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Height: 5'0"

I'm having a tough day today, feeling optimistic I seem to always come here when I'm feeling low. I'm working out agian, but i'm not eating better. And I really really really hate the way I look now. Despite the make up, despite dressing up, despite doing my hair - i dont' feel like a million bucks

How do ppl get through days like this?
aino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #32  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

sometimes when it really gets that bad you need to talk to a professional. seriously. self affirmation can only get you so far sometimes we need to tackle the underlying psychological issues.
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #33  
~*one step at a time*~

S/C/G: 181/176.5/140

Height: 5`3"

I feel that way sometimes too, and I have this fear that I will lose this weight and have a bunch of excess skin, no matter what I do. I will always have the battle scars (stretch marks) from the years of yo-yo weight. I hope, that when I get to my goal I will be able to be like some of the others here and look at myself positively and see the good changes. Even better if I can look in the mirror and say "damn I look good" LOL.
Hellsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by aino View Post

and then when i saw the pictures, all i could think was - who the eff am I kidding? I AM beautiful on the inside but what the heck does it matter!? What am I going to do with beautiful kidneys and a pretty little liver, if outwardly I look like the way I do??

Yes I know I need to learn to love myself - but how CAN you begin to learn when you don't know how???
welcome to my life! I think the same every day. I look back to when I was in my 20s (I'm 34 now) and almost want to cry at how amazing my body actually was -- but back then I hated it too!!!

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #35  

Yeah, i'm afraid that's how i'll think too! I do so hope that we can all change it! what are some of the strategies you guys use to cope with these overwhelming feelings?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #36  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

im with u, i hate my body! lol
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I'm with ya...I'm at and past my original goal and I have many, many days when I look at myself and want to cry. I've got excess skin on the insides of my thighs and on my stomach and arms, but the boobs bother me most...they're just hideous now, like the boobs you see on old women in cartoons. Just flat and shapeless....
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #38  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

I don't hate the way I look when I see myself in the mirror I hate my body when I see pictures of myself!

I took pictures in my underwear at the beginning of this journey and when I was standing in the mirror I thought I didn't look so bad until I looked at the pictures on my computer! It made me feel so gross and how could my boyfriend actually get turned on when I take my clothes off!? It was the worst feeling.

I'm very close to 155 which is when I will take more pictures of myself and hope to compare them to my original pictures (taken at around 166) and hope to see a difference.

Ten pounds at my weight should make a difference in my body shape right? I refuse to take pictures or measurements until I get to 155 cause I don't want to set my expectations too high.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

I am there with you. Somedays I hate my body/face etc. I am working on loving myself and not holding myself to an impossible standard

Last edited by ella13; 01-09-2009 at 05:47 PM.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #40  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Wow... this thread was so helpful for me. I've never had great body image, but it's never been as bad as it is right now. I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror and avoid being naked around my hubby as much as possible. Pregnancy definately changed my body, and not for the better! The only thing that helps is to tell myself that things will get better, I just have to say OP. Crazy thing is, my husband still thinks I'm beautiful. I wish I could see me the way he sees me, just once. I think that would make a HUGE difference in my self esteem.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #41  

yeah - the moment i see my pictures - i'm always stunned - is that how ugly i looked!? is that how fat i looked!? how come i didn't realize it at the time!? Stupid things to think really ! What's the best way to improve self-image? Positive talk seems to work for only so long....
Old 01-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #42  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I can definitely understand feeling more critical. I do try to notice the positives though. I think my legs look a lot better now. The skin does bother me but as DH says, at least now it is mostly just skin and not skin full of fat. Whatever I look like I know it is an improvement! It is frustrating to know that I will never attain perfection no matter how hard I work but maybe striving for that is a slippery slope anyway. I hope that if I am still unhappy and feeling fat at a reasonable goal weight for my height then someone will straighten me out before I try to get TOO thin.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #43  

I feel the same way too sometimes.

You've already gotten alot of good advice & support from everyone else who has posted here, and I haven't much more to add... Just to let you know though, that you aren't alone, lots of people feel the way you do; and its something, like weight loss, that we have to overcome.

Last edited by lalique; 01-13-2009 at 06:31 AM.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #44  

Urgh yeh

All the "love yourself stuff" doesn't work for me, I have at least..many rolls of fat. It is gross. I can feel it wobble as I walk. I think the inside of my human body is amazingly efficient, sure. I respect that. But the outside, that I have power over? Not a hope in ****. I have nasty saggy breasts, nasty flabby tummy and even my thighs which I never had a problem with, even though I've been this weight for ages, are now suddenly repulsive.

It really is objectively gross, I know because I look naked in the mirror regularly and measure it and I'm not even gonna write the stats out. I don't eat a lot of fat and I work out a ton and its never going to be enough.

Boyfriend doesn't think so. I disagree

UURRGHH i hate it. I sympathise.

Last edited by CousinRockingChair; 01-13-2009 at 07:51 AM.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #45  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinRockingChair View Post
Urgh yeh

All the "love yourself stuff" doesn't work for me, I have at least..many rolls of fat. It is gross. I can feel it wobble as I walk. I think the inside of my human body is amazingly efficient, sure. I respect that. But the outside, that I have power over? Not a hope in ****. I have nasty saggy breasts, nasty flabby tummy and even my thighs which I never had a problem with, even though I've been this weight for ages, are now suddenly repulsive.

It really is objectively gross, I know because I look naked in the mirror regularly and measure it and I'm not even gonna write the stats out. I don't eat a lot of fat and I work out a ton and its never going to be enough.

Boyfriend doesn't think so. I disagree

UURRGHH i hate it. I sympathise.
You weigh 140 @ 5'7" ? That sounds pretty thin to me.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote