Old 10-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #1  
Now with 10% less fat!

S/C/G: 139/120.2/106

Height: 4'11"

Default I am so far off the wagon I don't know where the wagon is anymore.

Ack! First I ate my face off at Canadian Thanksgiving, then at my birthday, and then I ate in restaurants for a week because I was travelling for work.

This past weekend involved a whole lot of resentful pie-eating after a fight with the boyfriend.

I need to get back on track. What do you do to re-inspire yourself when you get off plan?

I just went and set up an automatic e-mail reminder service to send me an e-mail each week. "Dear Future Self, How did you eat this week? Love, Past Self." Maybe that will remind me to take notice if I wander away from the plan again.
smallification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

It is hard to get back on track. I am over a long, painful week. But here I am! That's what matters: You're back here to try again.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Oh sounds a lot like my week. I'm trying to figure out where my wagon is too..
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

its really hard to get back. I try looking at my reasons why i want to do them, and how well i was doing before, and decide if it is worth carrying on or not. Obviously, so far ive always decided that its worth getting back on but thats not to say it isnt hard to do sometimes. I retreat back to my old tricks- replacing food urges with drinking water and tea, keeping myself busy, easing back into it
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #5  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

There's so much delicious food off the wagon! *sigh*

I think I'll get back on...tomorrow!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #6  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Ditto, ditto, and ditto, chicks. Our houseguest of two weeks just left - those two weeks including a trip to NYC and the sampling of local delicacies. Oh, and did I mention she's a (fellow) baked goods fiend? I'm like, "Dude, where's my wagon?"

Seriously though - I'm back on track as of today and will brave the scale... one of these days... soonish... after TOM...

Last edited by Heffalump; 10-27-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #7  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

wa....gon?

(thats my way of saying I don't know where it is anymore either)
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

Come on Chicks!

We all fall off, sometimes we do more damage than others, but what separates us is we GET BACK UP and get moving!!! How I'm inspired to get it together, I remind myself that everyday I stay on plan, I feel stronger and healthier. I feel swift and foxy. Losing control of yourself is the fastest way to feel even more sorry for yourself!

Start with moving...the move some more, then sweat, then get a great nights sleep, rinse and repeat!!!
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

seriously, i lost the wagon too... barely sure which direction it went, everything happened so fast!

kataclismic... you're right. I think the only way to find the wagon is to start running, then once we see it we can take a flying leap back on.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #10  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Wagon, OH WAGON!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!?!?! The wagon is only a few steps ahead of you girls. You are right behind on the trail! I am throwing you a line...... -------------------- Catch it and Hop on!!!

In seriousness,

Take one step, and then another. Before you know it you'll be pulling this wagon along and motivating others to hop on by throwing them a line.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #11  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

yeah, my wagon went bye-bye last week, too. With the husband out of town, stress of comprehensive exams, and a few bad days at work, my wagon hit the road and didn't show up until yesterday.

Oh well... we all have bad weeks. No one is perfect! The important thing is to get back on the wagon when it shows up again.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #12  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Smallification:

Sometimes you almost just need to hit a wall. "I can't stand how I look and feel anymore." And that.. that in itself is enough to make you really throw your effort into it.

Now, that being said, there will still be days of temptation and frustration, and... well, pie. (Stupid boys... they want hot, healthy, happy chicks? Stop pissing us off, and we won't emotional-eat!!! )

As for holidays... they can't always be helped. I overate over Thanksgivings too. I overate a lot, lol. (How can you say no to that second helping of mashed potatoes???)

I find that sometimes when my motivation is shot... just browsing around the forums can help to re-inspire me. Also, doing my damndest to plan out all of my meals in advance, so I don't just wander to the cupboard and grab the first unhealthy thing there can be really beneficial...

That e-mail idea is super adorable. Though, if I were you, if I knew I'd eaten ****tily, I'd just delete it when I got it without opening it, looking at it, or considering it. Another thing you can try is holding yourself accountable in our weekly chats. By all means, feel free to go in there and rant about the junk you wish you hadn't eaten, the crap that you said "no" to, etc. It's really helpful sometimes, and everyone's really supportive.

Good luck! What IS your plan, by the way?
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote