Old 10-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #16  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Lol, god I wish. If I skip my night class, I have to study for the midterm I have first thing tomorrow morning. And then I work from 3:30 to 9:30. (My work took three hours away from tomorrow's shift, but asked me to work 3 hours on my weekend off... ugh.) And then I have to study for my midterm on Friday. And now I work on Saturday.

Honestly, I'll be swinging from the rafters before this week is over, god what a crapfest, lol.

And ohhh yeahhhh, you DID go to Western, I forgot that you lived in London. And I go to GUELPH. For now. Almost done.
And yeah, driving the 401 is ridiculous. You shoulda done it on Thanksgiving weekend. Or did you? Man, it was packed.

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-15-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I landed in T.O. on late this past Thursday night and head back to the airport on the Friday afternoon of the long weekend. Traffic was definately worse heading out of T.O.

I think I may be heading to guelph at the end of the month. I just can't seem to stay away from ontario for too long... I haveta admit it was so pretty when I was out there last week, the trees were beautiful. All the leaves are gone here in Calgary and the grass is pretty much brown. It's kinda yucky out here right now... No snow yet though (thank-god I'm not ready to put away my pretty shoes just yet!)
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #18  
Queen Yo-yo

Oh wow, you're gonna be in Guelph? That's insane. What's with all the long-distance visits, anyhow? And yeah, the bright orange, yellow and red trees right now... they ARE insanely beautiful. Really nice temperatures right now too. Cool and breezy. Sweater weather, yay.

Hey, at least in Calgary you get those gorgeous chinooks ever so often...
Old 10-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #19  

The chinooks are awesome, but give me wicked migraines!

I travel out to ontario for work. My company has a branch office in Richmond hill so I'm out that way usually every 4 to 6 weeks to complete client trainings. So I'm on the road, a freakin lot! Plus we just added offices in Victoria, Vancouver, and Saskatoon. So I'm gonna be rakin' up the frequant flyer miles! Hopefully, I'll have enough to go somewhere warm soon!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #20  
Queen Yo-yo

What do you do?? How old are you?

God, I feel so useless, my degree is going to get me nowhere. My only option at the moment is to either stay in Ontario and be unemployed post-graduation, or live in Ireland and be unemployed post-graduation.

And by unemployed, I mean working at like a bar or a retail job... that's the equivalent of unemployed in my head. Not a big girl job.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #21  

I'm a corporate trainer and I'll be 25 in a few days. I graduated in 2005. I definately hear ya on the being sudo job thing. I did that for almost a year after I graduated. Wasn't exactly sure what I could do with a sociology degree. So I waitressed/bartended, I enjoyed it, but I didn't need to go to school to pour beer!

I was lucky in that I kinda fell into this job. My dad played in a charity golf turnament with the president of the company I now work for. They started chatting and about 6 weeks later I started here. A degree will get you further than you think. As my boss said when he hired me. "Having a degree shows that your smart, that you can usually string two inteligent sentances together, that you're able to learn and can stick with something for several years." But it can definately be hard to figure out what you are qualified for. I would just post resumes on sites like monster, and workopolis. What sinched (sp?) my job was my volunteer work. It gave me some experience, and made me look good too.

If I had to be unemployed anywhere, Ireland wouldn't be too bad of a place! If your looking to work in Ireland, check out SWAP (Students working abroad program) Canada www.swap.ca they help you get vias and accomidations and some contacts. I have a couple of friends who did this while travelling through australia.

Last edited by shantroy; 10-15-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #22  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i think what she said was rubbish, tell her to go eat a pie or something
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
i think what she said was rubbish, tell her to go eat a pie or something

Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #24  
Queen Yo-yo

Shanny:
Actually, SWAP is what I did in the summer of 2007, that's how I met my boyfriend in Ireland, lol. If we stay together long enough, I might move there next summer... which would require doing SWAP one last time so I had my work visa.

Ghost:
Lmao. Thanks darling. I might do that in the future. I think I was too stunned to say anything other than "...ok..." Need to grow a pair and unleash next time.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #25  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

my sister and i always say that when someone stick thin is complaining about their weight not to their face of course (depending on how annoying they are ) those kinds of comments always catch us off guard, dont worry about it
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #26  
Queen Yo-yo

Oi, even worse than thin people *****ing?

My future sister in law lives with me, and she has a guy friend over all the time who she works with to watch "So You Think You Can Dance-Canada" and this guy... spends the whole freaking show critiquing the appearances of the women on the show. It. Drives. Me. MENTAL.

Last night, he was calling the one girl "ugly as ****" and I furrowed my eyebrows at him and said, "Neil, don't be a douchebag."

And he was like, "What?? I'm not a douchebag..." and the topic was changed by someone else in the room. But periodically, he would turn, look at me with a baby pout face and go, "I'm not a douchebag... " until I finally SNAPPED.

"Neil, you just said that THAT girl has fat thighs. HER THIGHS? Are about HALF the size of mine."
"Well, I didn't mean it in a bad way..."
"You used the expression THUNDER THIGHS!"
"...."
"So, you come into my house, and talk about how someone thinner than me is FAT? You're sitting in a room with three girls, no one wants to hear you critique the thin, gorgeous dancers on TV as disgusting."
"...."

He hasn't talked to me since.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
Oi, even worse than thin people *****ing?

My future sister in law lives with me, and she has a guy friend over all the time who she works with to watch "So You Think You Can Dance-Canada" and this guy... spends the whole freaking show critiquing the appearances of the women on the show. It. Drives. Me. MENTAL.

Last night, he was calling the one girl "ugly as ****" and I furrowed my eyebrows at him and said, "Neil, don't be a douchebag."

And he was like, "What?? I'm not a douchebag..." and the topic was changed by someone else in the room. But periodically, he would turn, look at me with a baby pout face and go, "I'm not a douchebag... " until I finally SNAPPED.

"Neil, you just said that THAT girl has fat thighs. HER THIGHS? Are about HALF the size of mine."
"Well, I didn't mean it in a bad way..."
"You used the expression THUNDER THIGHS!"
"...."
"So, you come into my house, and talk about how someone thinner than me is FAT? You're sitting in a room with three girls, no one wants to hear you critique the thin, gorgeous dancers on TV as disgusting."
"...."

He hasn't talked to me since.
Perfect. Just perfect response to him.

I think some people really do go through life being so ridiculously inappropriate, rude or mean, and never get called on it. That doesn't do anyone a favor, not even the rude person.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

you are awesome for responding to him... people are so RUDE and so completely oblivious about it.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 8"

I'm sorry, but your "friend" is a B. It's obvious to anyone with eyes of your progress. *grumbles*

I feel for you....really.

~Utterly Absurd~
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #30  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Not that I wish weight problems on anyone. However, I think that if everyone at some point in their life struggles with their weight than *maybe* people and especially women would not be so hard on themselves and each other about how we look.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote