Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #31  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey, this is a great idea for a thread! I don't always have enough time to peruse the weekly chat thread (though I wish I could!!) but I'd love to be able to check in with you ladies ever day. I thought I was the only one who weighed themselves so obsessively, LOL. Anyways, I was down a little bit today... I've been too ashamed to admit it (until now, I guess ), but right after I finally declared my 50-lb loss on Monday, I mysteriously gained 2 lbs--waaaah!!! And for some reason they've been stuck to me ALL WEEK, and it's been driving me nuts! Ahh, I feel much better for having confessed that, hehe. So anyways, I was finally back down to ~214 today, so I'm hoping that tomorrow will bring more good news. I MUST get that 50 lbs back! (And then lose 63 more, hehe).

I'll be back tomorrow!

Last edited by Star2Be; 10-17-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #32  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Oh, Meredith honey, you've still lost FOURTY-NINE POUNDS. Or forty, or however you Americans spell it.
It's absolutely disheartening to see the scale jump back up a bit, but don't stress too much about it if you can help it, you're doing AMAZINGLY!! And that pound, and a few more will eventually fall off, and before ya know it, 50 will be a thing of the past.

I have had the miraculous loss of .2 lbs this morning! That's right folks, I'm down .2 lbs. I know. I know. You're all jealous. How can you not be? What with an insane loss like that, that ensures that I'm simply back to where my ticker lied and said I was...?

158!

*does the MJ thriller dance in her underwear*
Old 10-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
I have had the miraculous loss of .2 lbs this morning! That's right folks, I'm down .2 lbs. I know. I know. You're all jealous. How can you not be? What with an insane loss like that, that ensures that I'm simply back to where my ticker lied and said I was...?

158!

*does the MJ thriller dance in her underwear*

Hey now! wasn't it you there was telling me a few days back that a loss is a loss?! because i was saying the exact same thing as you with the loss of .2! ha! there, i called you on it. gotta actually be happy with it.

I'm down 1.4 from yesterday (feel like I'm on a roller coaster here). So now an even 181 -- and no i'm not updating my ticker to reflect that.
It's in the right direction though.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #34  
Queen Yo-yo

Yeah, I'm a big ol' hypocrite.

A LOSS IS A LOSS!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

I've been at the same weight for the last week.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #36  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

So when I started on Tues I was 144.6, well I had to go to the doc for an emergency and weighed in at 143, yay me!
Old 10-18-2008, 02:30 AM   #37  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Hi girls!! I tried to post this earlier today, but the server suddenly went down and it wouldn't let me post. Boooo. So, sorry that I'm a little late getting to the thread today, especially since I actually have some GOOD NEWS to report! Today I was 212.2 lbs!! Yay! Of course I'm NOT going to change my ticker just yet, since I've obviously been burned that way before, lol... But if it's the same tomorrow morning, I'm changin' it! I'm sooo glad to see that I'm finally (seemingly/HOPEFULLY) getting back on track after gaining those 2 lbs for no reason. That really shook me up, because in the past I've more or less been able to see a spike in my weight correlate with a poor decision the day before, but this time they literally seemed to come out of nowhere! But soon they will be gone forever.

Congrats to Jelbb (I agree, a loss is a loss!!), preppingbride, and stephiewilliams for your losses! And kelly315, good job maintaining! I'm sure you will see another loss in no time.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #38  
Maintaining ~6 years!

211.6 lbs today... I just about fainted... I've decided that I'm far enough from 214 now that it's okay to change my ticker, but not quite far enough from 212 to change it to that, so 213! Haha. but what I really want is to change it to 212! Hehe. Maybe tomorrow.

Where is everyone else today? I want to celebrate your losses with you!

Last edited by Star2Be; 10-18-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Down 1.6 this week! woot!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #40  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

So I weighed myself Friday morning and had actually gone up .2 from last week. I was annoyed but tried to stay positive. Then just for fun I weighed myself again Friday evenning and had gone down 1.8 since that morning. I got off the scale and tried again but it said the same thing and I'm not complaining!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Do you really count the .2? lol
Old 10-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #42  
Maintaining ~6 years!

^Lol, well... Just as a loss is a loss, I guess a gain is a gain. Though with that small of an amount, I wouldn't stress about it--it could easily be the effect of retaining water or something similar. But DRose, how cool is it that you lost so much weight throughout the day?! Gotta love fluke-y moments like that. Every once in a while, I weigh myself before going to bed just to see how the day's events affected my weight, and I LOVE the very rare occasions where it's actually gone down! Hehe.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #43  
Queen Yo-yo

Well, after I went out drinking last night... I went to a greasy Chinese food place to get what is otherwise known as the most disgusting food known to man. This place... they make a KILLING, because your first item is $2, and everything after is $1... They ditch the end-of-night leftovers on the drunken university town students. The cardinal rule is NEVER to eat from SunSun's when you're sober. However, when you're drunk... best food you've ever tasted in your LIFE.

Well, yes, it was bad for me. BUT. I was incredibly proud of myself. Because I did not have anything but RICE from SunSun's, which I thought was pretty badass, since my major plan of attack is to be wheat/gluten free, and.. let's be honest. I was gonna eat something ****ty. At least I only had rice instead of what I WANTED, which was chicken balls and an egg roll and rice with orange sauce smeared all over it.

Also, I only drank Coors-Light beer, which I looked up on the internet... and is blissfully, wheat and gluten free!

....well. I found out today that fried rice has soya sauce, which has wheat in it, and it dashed my proud-of-myself elation pretty hardcore. But hey, a few slip ups here and there... that's the only wheat or gluten I've had in a week, and I'm by no means starving myself.

Woke up this morning, and unsurprisingly weighed in at 157 on the nose. I don't mean to say that it's unsurprising because I just knew that I'd been so OP that I'd have lost weight... actually, I just knew that I get so dehydrated after a night of drinking that I always weigh in at a makes-me-happy low weight the morning after.

However, after a day of rehydrating myself, and chowing down on rice noodles and chicken and home-made french fries (aka., I chop up a potato into slivers and bake it to a crisp. ), my cheating evening weigh-in showed me to only be at 158.2... and when I do official morning weigh-ins, I always weigh less, lol.

So, YAY!!! Update tomorrow on what the scale says.

Meredith & DRose:
LOVE when it goes down like that, or is at a low number! Like mine just was, hehe.
And Meredith, CONGRATS on being down 50, you sexy beast!!!! I knew you'd get there all "officially" like!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 06:37 AM   #44  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

TOM is over --> scale says 68,5 kg. That is the lowest I have weighed in, like, 2 years! 1,5 kg lower than before! With birthday and everything... I'm pretty proud of myself! *goes to punch new hole in belt*

Everyone else congratulations on their weight loss! And Jelbb, very good that you stuck to the rice! I'm totally unable to restrain my food consumption when I'm drunk, so well done lady, you'll get there
Old 10-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #45  
Queen Yo-yo

Ceeeeeeeeeeelebrate good times, COME ON! *dun dun dun dun, dun.. dun dun dunnnnn!!!*

*DANCES*

Last night after I weighed in at 158.2, my tummy was growling. I was up until 1 am trying to finish a novel for one of my classes, and the being awake longer than was necessary evidently triggered my desire for food, and... well, I'm not one to starve myself. Haven't the will power.

So, I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich with gluten-free bread. I know. Super healthy. Kinda calorie packed. Granted, it was light cheese, and reduced calorie margarine, but.. still not exactly a health fest and a half.

Felt kinda guilty afterwards, and figured I now probably weighed about 159, which in my head is far too close to my new starting point of 160.

Well, miracle of miracles... I weighed in at 156.8 this morning. I'm flabbergasted. And elated. I haven't seen the number 156 since... February, I think. February or March I was 156, and 156 was my all-time low, before I fell off the wagon and started gaining weight again.

YAY-YAY-YAY-YAY-YAY. This makes me happy, to know I'm on the right track. AND, I'm 1.8 lbs away from my Halloween goal, and I think I officially made my Monday goal of 157.
Closed Thread