Old 10-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #16  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Ok well I definitely cannot work out today because I somehow hurt my back yesterday. I think it was when I was picking my son up. Anyways I bend forward just not turn side to side at all...hurts to breathe. Plus I am feeling super fat because today is full on TOM! I think I might skip weighing myself this week...I have a bad feeling about it. Eating hasn't been tooo terrible but I have been craving sweet things so I have stuck to sugar free items
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #17  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

ouch blcarter, that doesnt sound like a whole lot of fun. Maybe you can do a light walk? I know that with backs light exercise is supposed to be more helpful than resting too much
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

So the weekend didn't turn out great, I ended up eating way to much junk food because of the birthday celebration. Blah. The worst part was I felt like crap the entire time. Sometimes I don't understand why I do it when I know it is going to make me feel so bad.

I rebounded this morning, went to the gym. Getting myself back on track, and almost ended up late to class. My muscles are definitely telling me that I need to not take two weeks off from the gym. It's going to be a long day.

My roommate's birthday was over the weekend (our birthdays are 3 days apart) but neither of us where home during the weekend. So her parents are taking her out to dinner for her birthday and I'm invited, Mexican food. I love Mexican but it is so bad for you. I said I would go if I wasn't helping another friend move furniture so it looks like I’m going out to dinner.

Here – 281 is still a good weight! And an inch is great.

Jelbb – Are you allergic to wheat or are you just trying to change your eating? I had a friend who is allergic to wheat and I think that must be the worst food allergy ever. The gym is in my building and I still can’t always make it there.

Cali – I totally know what you mean about eating crap. I thought I gained a ton last week 1 pound, hopefully water weight. We’ll see in the next couple of days how it turns out. Same realization, I turned 25 on the 8th. Its weird to be close to 30, we compared it to turn 21 which was a dramatic difference.

Taylor – As long as your trainer has helped you build the confidence to do it alone I have confidence that you can do it. How is the play going?

Raw – I always say it is ok to be low sometimes but make sure you are getting enough nutrition.

Mojo – sounds like things are going great good luck with the house.

Shl – that is a great complement, I would kill to be an 8

Meagin – good job on buying a hot dress. Do we get to see a picture of it? And I wear spandx under everything!

Leigh – Yuck the stomach flu, I hope you feel better.

Carter – Sorry about your back. I hope it feels better. I have back problems so totally understand.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #19  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I'm kind of new to this thing... I totally ate too much this weekend at my grandad's birthday (but who goes to a pancake place for a meal when you know half of your family is dieting?). At least it was good food. I just don't believe it has made me gain 4 lbs. Could I possibly be retaining water because of my period? I hope it is that because otherwise it'll take me 2 weeks to get it off again.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #20  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Well girls, I had super stellar weight loss weekend......or so I thought.

Saturday I did Jillian Michaels and then worked in the yard for at least 7 hours lifting, bending, shoveling, etc. So, since I needed to make up a session, I came in and did my JM again. Sunday, I did JM, went shopping and to a family reunion, and then did JM again.

Let me recap, 4 JM workouts + walking while shopping + yard work = no scale change!

I must admit my calories were kinda low around 1100. However, I am not hungry. This morning I woke up and weighed mysef. UGHH! 264 again. Unexpectedly though, I couldn't put my wedding rings on this morning. I am guessing I am retaining water?!?! Hubby says that a combination of too little exercise and not enough calories may have freaked my body out a little. He said not to worry. The scale will reflect the work shortly....... Sure is easy for him to say isn't? But I appreciate the support anyway. Also not sure if TOM is coming. I am not too regular these days. lol

Any thoughts?
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Heather - I'm probable going to have to agree with your Hubby here. If you are doing that much working out should should be eating at least 1200 calories, otherwise your body will start trying to retain everything, espically with your hight and weight. You should look up some calorie caculators online to determine what you minimum calorie count should be. (I always set it for sedatary). At my hight/weight they tell me I should eat around 1260 to lose 2 pounds a week and I'm a good 7 inches shorter then you.

Last edited by RememberHowToSmile; 10-13-2008 at 04:53 PM.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #22  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighish View Post
ladies, do you know how to lose 5 lbs in less than a day?

get a stomach bug.
Hellloooooooo! Didn't you see my post with that title? LOL
PS- mine stayed off so I hope yours does too
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #23  
Get through today

Hey y'all -- The start of another week... agg. My weekend was good, did a bunch of reading and put in a raised garden on Sunday, which took ALL DAY. My legs and back are feeling it today, but not nearly as bad as I thought. I must be doing something right with the exercise and weights. I'm also trying to refocus my energy away from sad things and onto things I am interested in. I went to the library for the first time since moving here (a few YEARS ago.. AHH!) when I used to go to the library all the time in my old city.

I'm doing really good for exercise (7 mornings a week and almost every day after work during the week) which I think is somewhat helping with my anxiety. And my calories are for the most part pretty good, although I need to incorporate more veggies. That is my focus for the next few weeks.

HeatherMcG -- Holy smokes, you are dedicated to the workout! Kudos to you!!

Blcarter84 -- Oh, I feel for you hun! I say skip the weigh in and concentrate on getting better with light moving around. Feel better!

leighish -- If there was ever any plus to a stomach bug, it would be the usual accompanied weight loss. Might as well look on the bright side, right? ha!

Here we go again -- Your leg punching story made me laugh out loud! That is so bizarre how you are still losing inches and not pounds... Could it be being replaced with muscle?

mojolove05 -- Congrats on the loss, yay! Well, two losses, including the "removal of negative energy". I hope your house inspection goes well!

caligirl98 -- Eww to your diner story, I hope you didn't have to sit there! And to drink that I was 21 again.. ahh, even though I probably didn't my hardest drinking in high school.

Jelbb -- Yay for the loss, yay yay yay! And the yummy breakfast, good way to start out the day!

And now to spend a little time mindlessly browsing the internet for useless knowledge... haha
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #24  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies! Hope you are having/have had a wonderful Monday!

Today is a very special occasion for me, because I weighed in at approximately 212.6 lbs... Meaning that as of today I have officially lost 50 LBS! I can't believe it! That number seems so high! And what's even better is that I'm almost halfway to my goal, AND I'm only 14 lbs away from ONEDERLAND! Yea!!

I don't usually give myself these, but... Hehehe.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #25  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Star, Have some of these too!

It is an amazing feeling isn't? I hit 50 just a while ago. Keep up the good work!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

ugh, ladies....I really need some help here...

So I was excited to go to the gym on Sunday...but I didn't. I decided instead to do NOTHING all day which was sort of a good choice b/c that meant I really got a chance to relax which I haven't since school started.

I have probably gained 5 lbs. Seriously. I'm feeling horrible and like I'm slip slip slipping and can't catch myself. I'm pretty good about eating during the week just because my meals are so planned because of school and everything. It's on the weekends that I completely fall apart. I literally don't remember the last time I went to the gym. It was probably about 2 weeks ago. AND I was just cast in 2 scenes at my school...so that adds another 4-6 hours of rehearsal per week for the next two weeks.

I really feel like right on the breaking point of falling apart and I don't know how to handle it....
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:03 AM   #27  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I think I'm going to call 205lbs and under a victory as far as the stomach bug weight loss is concerned. Perhaps it was my wakeup call to stop cheating on my diet. I'll take it and run!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #28  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Ladies... this morning... I was at 157 lbs. 157 lbs is my goal for a week from today. Granted, that's just for today, and I never change my ticker until I've been constant for a few days, but... GOD, do I ever feel good about seeing that scale go down! I've fluked down to 158 a few times in the past few weeks of eating kinda crappily, but I haven't seen 157 on the scale in.. oh god. Months. Maybe a year? And all I did was eat wheat-free over the weekend. I had... oatmeal, and wheat-free rye bread, and potatoes and turkey and rice. I carb-loaded this weekend, and I lost weight. ****, f*cking, yes!

I'm walking to campus today. I'm walking for the exercise, I don't care if I'm a little later than usual.

RemeberHowToSmile:
Oooh, I remember you from LAST time I was here! Lookat you! Wayta go, darling!
I'm not allergic, no. My mother cut out wheat and gluten because she has an intolerance for it... it gives her intense digestive issues. But ever since she did, she's felt FANTASTIC, and she's a firm believer that wheat is like... the devil. And she knows how much I've been struggling with my weight. I love my mom to death, but she weighs 138 lbs now, and I watch her "subtly" eye my bulging stomach critically and not say anything, and you just know she's doing her whole, "I'm worried about your health--" in her head thing. So when I visited my high school best friend this past Thanksgiving weekend, and her mom had literally vanished into teensy tiny nothingness... because she'd cut out wheat and gluten, I was hooked.
What I really love about it is that I can still eat potatoes (which I adore) and rice, and I just buy rice noodles instead of regular ones... and I eat gluten-free rye bread instead of regular bread... so far I haven't felt starved of anything.

Elwing:
Whenever my period comes around, I dart up two or three lbs, and my body sits there stubbornly until about a day before the end of my period... then I tend to "miraculously" drop 4 or 5 lbs. Periods can definitely cause water weight.
Mmmm, pancakes. Depending upon the place, there could be an excessive amount of sodium for preservative purposes in the pancakes, which could be adding to the water weight as well... or if you had salty things on the side of your pancakes, like hashbrowns or breakfast sausage...
Either way, I'd just go healthy and anti-salt for a few days until your period's over, and things'll probably go back to normal!!

Heather:
Ahh, man, what a pain. To do all that work and not see immediate results. HARSH, huh? I hate that. Tho your husband sounds like a DOLL for being so fantastic about things, and being completely right, as well!
Also, RHTS (RememberHowToSmile) was talking about something like this thinger here, which I'm in love with:
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
It's great, you can calculate how much you should be taking in a day, and it'll zig-zag pattern it for you if you keep tabs on your calories hardcore.

Bella:
Mindlessly browsing the internet for useless knowledge?
Get stumbleupon. I sh!t you not, you will be in love in a heartbeat. It's fantastic.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/
DO IT. I'm not even joking, I'll come to your house and install it for you. It's amazing. It's just a button that attaches to your browser and when you click it, it takes you to websites based on interests that you enter. They're always amazingly cool things. Hold on, I'll stumble a few times right now and put the links here.

Stumble 1: (I've actually seen before. It's called Post Secrets. It's a website of postcards... people send postcards of secrets that no one else knows to a P.O. Box, and they're posted. Sometimes they're funny, sometimes they're sad... either way, it's hella interesting.)
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/
Stumble 2: ... lol, well, one of my interests is space, because I think it's super cool. One of my other interests is photography, so this is the link I got for my second stumble:
http://heritage.stsci.edu/gallery/gallery_category.html
Stumble 3: LOL, this is crazy. http://www.heraldleaderphoto.com/200...th-of-sharpie/

MEREDITH AGAIN!
YOU!!! Congratulations!!! 50 lbs, woman, you're a superstar!! WELL DONE!! And you're soooo close to onederland, you'll be there in no time! Weee!!!

ArtsnSmarts:
Wow, that sounds super stressful, darling.
I didn't get to the gym this morning like I'd intended, either. Makes me feel really guilty. What I would say about your weekends is that the reason you have no trouble during the week is because your meals are so planned, right? Maybe a not-too-shabby idea would be to keep your meals for the weekend really PLANNED. Every snack, every meal... plan it out and make sure you've got the healthy food available in the house.
Also, I d'nno if you're like me, but I tend to snack when I'm bored. Make sure that if you're having a super relaxing day.. that you do something with your hands to keep them from auto-munching on snackfood. I'm super lame, so sometimes I knit while watching a movie, and I keep a calorie-free drink nearby as something to throw down instead of a snack.
I know it can be rough watching the scale rise when you've worked so hard to see it go down... but just know that you've done it before and you can bring it back down again. I have faith in you, I know you can do it!! Check in with us often, and let us know, whether the number's jumping up, or sliding back down! GOOD LUCK!!

Leighish:
Hey, whatever works, eh?
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Jelbb Thanks for the encouragement. You're probably right about not having things planned. I'm really not an absent-minded snacker (anymore!! I used to be HORRIBLE but I kicked it), so that's really not the issue...it's just that I'm so tired that I don't even have the energy to think about what I'm going to cook, so I just resort to a few things that are quick to make but really not good for me.

Also, like...my schedule today:
Get up/homework: 9 - 11:15
Class 12:00 - 1:15
Work in the Costume Shop: 2 - 4
Voice Lesson: 4 - 4:30
Group Meeting: 4:30 - 5:30
Then I have a BIG gap, but it's midterms so I have to study and I have TONS of hw to do. I also live about a 25 min train ride off campus, so I'm debating whether it's worth it to come home or just bring bf's laptop and do work at school...
Rehearsal: 11:15 pm - 12:15 am

So it's a REALLY full day!! And tomorrow is worse! With schedules like that I HAVE to plan out what I'm eating, otherwise I don't have time to think about it!! Maybe planning the same way on the weekends IS a good idea...

MAN COLLEGE IS HARD!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'6"

My weigh-in was this morning and I'm down under 160
The stroller class I've joined is really paying off. I skipped out yesterday though, just not having a good day mentally. I'm back in today though, no excuses!!
MachGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote