How did you?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • decide on what day you were officially going to use as a weigh in day?....
    I chose friday as it was before the weekend so i had the week to make up for the bad....
  • Monday to keep me from being bad on the weekend.
  • I chose Thursday because I received all my weight watchers info in the mail on a Wednesday. It keeps be good on the weekends (usually) but if not I have most of the week to work it all off.
  • I chose Sunday because I joined the gym on a sunday, so it makes sense (at least to me) to be able to mark my progress to the week.
  • I usually weigh in on Saturday or Sunday. For some reason, I like to weigh in on my leisure days.
  • I weigh in every day... I like to see the day-to-day effects of what I do, so if I gain/lose I can get a better idea of exactly what caused it, rather than seeing an entire week's worth of work culminating in one day, LOL. Not that I think one option is superior to the other--everyone works differently. But for me personally, yeah, I like doing it every day.
  • I had Friday as my weigh in day for awhile because I was doing a Biggest Loser challenge at school last year and the nurses would weigh us in on Fridays. Throughout the summer though, I changed it to Saturdays because it was easier to remember to do it basically.
  • It was just the day I happened to start (a Monday). But now I mostly just go by each new lowest weight (whether that's 3 days in a row, or takes 2 weeks to see) instead of weekly. And I compare my lowest weight for each monthly cycle to the lowest weight in the next one, instead of going by 4 weeks. Seems to make sense to me, and I don't feel bad about having to officially weigh in on a day I'm retaining water.
  • Monday because it's the start of a new work week.
  • I used to use Wednesday being I like the alliteration of weigh-in Wednesday.

But now I weigh every day, I've discovered that I need it to keep me accountable. Weight I hit goal I'll probably go back to once a week on Wednesdays.
  • I weigh myself every day, but before I take my official "ticker" weight down, I always make sure that I stay at that weight for a couple of days... or even weigh less.

So if on Monday I'm 160.. then Tuesday I'm 159.. I'd have to be 159 on Wednesday, and maybe Thursday... or even 158 before I'd move it down to 159. When you weigh yourself every day, there are a lot of discrepancies with water weight and such...
  • I rarely ever weigh myself. I get obsessive otherwise! I just judge by how my clothes fit...if the jeans are too tight, then I need to step it up!
  • Ohhh, it always feels like my jeans are too tight these days.
    Anyone else have the my-thighs-touch-so-my-jeans-wear-down-and-split-in-the-thighs problem?
  • Quote: Anyone else have the my-thighs-touch-so-my-jeans-wear-down-and-split-in-the-thighs problem?
    ARGH! The bane of my existence! Hahah. I always have that problem; it's so annoying... Though lately my jeans have been feeling pretty loose, actually.

Jelbb--I do the same thing; I weigh myself every day but usually don't change my ticker until I see the same number twice in a row. Otherwise I worry that I just got "lucky" somehow, heh. For the most part, though, my weight has been steadily decreasing. The only random spikes I've had have been the consequences of overeating on occasions where I was completely aware of what I was doing and knew exactly why I had gained weight, heh.
  • Oh, I know! I ruined a pair of my boyfriends sweatpants by wearing them too much (the spot where my thighs rub got all worn down with those little balls of cotton everywhere). And forget cords or any other textured pants.