Old 10-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #46  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Julie:
Pshh, silly foreigners. Don't they know that only women with 20-inch waists and double-D breasts are REAL people?
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:54 AM   #47  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I'm not pretty. I really believe this and think people who find me attractive are smoking some bad hash, are desperate, or are very polite. I think I inherited all the ugly genes in my family because everyone else is beautiful. I DO believe that I will have a nice body after I lose the weight, the women in my family all have the classic hourglass figures, but I think I'm destined to be a butterface.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #48  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavingServo View Post

And male attention is really no indication of anything. I moved from Minneapolis to San Francisco and got 10 times the attention in San Francisco I did back in Minneapolis, I didn't do anything different, I looked more or less the same in both places.
OMG that is what happened to me! I've lived most of my life in Alabama and usually only got hit on by men old enough to be my grandfather. Then I moved to California for a couple of months, my first time living in a Latino community and was so confused by all the attention I got. I got the same kind of attention from Mexicans in Alabama but they were literally just over the border, didn't speak English so they just stared and smiled. I live in Texas now and the same thing is happening except these guys are American, speak English, and have no problem being vocal.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Lord Ladies! Weight has nothing to do with pretty! Love yourselves, that's what's important!

My Dh thinks I'm beautiful and sexy. He did when I was heavy and he does now. It goes both ways in our relationship. I think he's sexy when he's heavy and when he's slimmed down a bit.

It's the whole package that matters. After all, haven't we all met that gorgeous creature that suddenly isn't so attractive because it turns out they are a jerk?
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:58 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 230/230/170

Height: 5' 10"

Oh my gosh, NishKitten, everything you said was hilarious.

As far as whether or not I think I'm pretty, I'll have to agree with the consensus and say that it depends on the day. Some days when I walk out of the house, after spending a little more time on my hair and make-up, I think, "helllllls yes." And then there are the days where I try to make as little eye contact as necessary for fear that I'll see someone noticing how awful I look.

I once asked a male coworker, (someone I knew well enough to be almost-comfortable asking, but not someone I knew well enough to lie to me because we were friends) if he thought I was "pretty in the face." The look on his face when I asked him was worth asking the question. I was just really curious to understand how the world saw me.

My way to make myself FEEL pretty is to concentrate on the features I like, and try to make it so that you can't help but notice them.

Star2be, I think this was a great thread. I've always wondered how other girls see themselves as well. =)
Not that girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #51  
Queen Yo-yo

Not That Girl:
Yeah, I agree about the features that I like... I like my hair, and on days when my hair has volume, and is doing what it's told, I feel pretty damn good about myself! If it's flat and lifeless, I feel like I look like a wet wig on top of a marshmallow head with eyes...
Old 10-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Well then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
Not That Girl:
Yeah, I agree about the features that I like... I like my hair, and on days when my hair has volume, and is doing what it's told, I feel pretty damn good about myself! If it's flat and lifeless, I feel like I look like a wet wig on top of a marshmallow head with eyes...
We can figure out a way to transfuse some of the volume of my hair to yours and then we'll both be happy. LoL!

@ Not That Girl: I cracked up at "pretty in the face." That is such a backhanded compliment, and it's always made me laugh when I hear it.

And yanno, I don't think it's men who are the ones perpetuating the "thin" thing. I went to breakfast with a bunch of my friends this morning (all guys) and they were ALL talking about the woman featured in an episode of Tim And Eric (the stupidest show known to mankind) and how hot she was. I figured she was some ridiculous pamalike, but boy was I surprised...

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?epis...1b79c1eb31011a is where you can see the video. She's easily a size 12 or 14.

Maybe it's just us who have issues?
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post
And yanno, I don't think it's men who are the ones perpetuating the "thin" thing. I went to breakfast with a bunch of my friends this morning (all guys) and they were ALL talking about the woman featured in an episode of Tim And Eric (the stupidest show known to mankind) and how hot she was. I figured she was some ridiculous pamalike, but boy was I surprised...
That video is so funny! And she is a big girl!

Your probably right about the skinny thing, too. I've known very few guys who think super thin girls are hot. Boys love the curves!

Last edited by raw23; 10-13-2008 at 12:46 PM.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #54  
Queen Yo-yo

N Kitten:
Oh, for the love of f*ck, I can't watch the video because I'm not American. Boo urns.

Raw:
I think guys like curves if they're the right curves in the right proportions. Maybe I'm just jaded...
Old 10-13-2008, 12:58 PM   #55  

Dang! Do have flash at all? Maybe this will work?
http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/118482/detail/
Old 10-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #56  
Queen Yo-yo

Nah, I've got flash... the problem is that adultswim recognizes "international" IP addresses, and won't show their videos to anyone outside of the states, even if I be just in lil' ol' Canada up here... -.- So instead of the video, it comes up with a message saying,

"Hello International Buddy. You've reached this page because we are currently not allowed to show videos to people outside the U.S. It sucks. We know. In the meantime, why not play a game on the main site or log onto the forums to tell us how much you hate us now?"
Old 10-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #57  

Default wtF!?

Quote:
Nah, I've got flash... the problem is that adultswim recognizes "international" IP addresses, and won't show their videos to anyone outside of the states, even if I be just in lil' ol' Canada up here... -.- So instead of the video, it comes up with a message saying,

"Hello International Buddy. You've reached this page because we are currently not allowed to show videos to people outside the U.S. It sucks. We know. In the meantime, why not play a game on the main site or log onto the forums to tell us how much you hate us now?"
What a bunch of sorry @#%$@!!! Try the second link then. Milkandcookies isn't racist against Canadia.

...I hope.

Last edited by NishKitten; 10-13-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #58  
Queen Yo-yo

Lol, milkandcookies sourced it from adultswim. BOOOOO!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:17 PM   #59  

Default Ugh...

Quote:
Lol, milkandcookies sourced it from adultswim. BOOOOO!!!!
F*ckin' losers... that ignorant attitude is why those WoW obsessed creatures of the deep at Adult Swim will never ever lose their virginity.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #60  
Queen Yo-yo

Lol. I think there's actually a reason why they can't be shown in other countries. They are some youtube videos that you can't watch unless you live in Ireland or the UK, or unless you live in the states... I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with it.

But I just downloaded a program called "Hotspot Shield" and it hid my IP address's location for me so I could watch it. And while I was doing that, I found out her name is Holly Browning... and she is actually a pretty big girl compared to what you expect from a sex symbol these days. REALLY gorgeous face tho. There's another vid of her here, #9:

http://www.adultswim.com/americalove...ars/index.html

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-13-2008 at 01:22 PM.