3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   "Feeling Fat" Days (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/153683-feeling-fat-days.html)

wiosna 10-09-2008 01:29 PM

"Feeling Fat" Days

Hi there, it's been great reading all your posts - found them very motivating!!! :)

I was wondering if any of you encoutered those "Feeling Fat" Days......it's like.......I'm staying on plan, I exercise, I do see that I'm loosing weight and I even can say that I'm feeling great seeing my progress, but then.......comes that Day when I wake up in the morning and I just feel fat again and all the motivation and joy of seeing my progress goes down the drain....

Guess I just have to wait till that Day goes away......was wondering if any of you are having same yucky-feeling days sometimes.

Annita 10-09-2008 01:48 PM

yes.
Every month.
TOM...
My face will bloated and it looks like i have double chins....(everyone admits it, not my imagination)
that's truely fat days for me :(
sigh...

but at least i still force myself to exercise instead of giving up ^^

yoyonomoreinvegas 10-09-2008 01:52 PM

I'm sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news but, for me, I still have those "feeling fat" days. Difference is, in the past I would have used them as a "what's the use" excuse to slip back into bad habits. Now I use them to fuel my determination to do something about it and buckle down even more - whether it's increasing the intensity of my exercise or reviewing my food log to make sure I'm not getting out of balance.

wiosna 10-09-2008 02:40 PM

Thanks for your insights on that! You can call me a Copy-Cat but I'm gona do exacly as you do - I will not give up during those bad days!!! :)

Girls you are awesome!!! :)

LandonsBaby 10-09-2008 02:42 PM

all the time. this week i've done better than i have in a long time but i feel fatter. i'm sure i haven't gained but i feel like i have. tomorrow is weigh in day and i'm dreading getting on that scale because i just feel bigger.

amandarose17 10-09-2008 02:45 PM

My feeling fat days go hand and hand with my feeling ugly days. I try my best to dress my best, but I come to work and I just feel like a slob. new shoes, new sweater, new hair, doesn't matter. I think I look ok at home in the mirror, but when I get to work, I suddenly think I look horrible!

These days come and go and must be taken with a grain of salt or you'll end up going mad.

HealthPNut 10-09-2008 03:13 PM

Of course! Somedays I feel fat all over, and some days I feel like my belly is huge, and somedays I only feel fat when I look in the mirror. Even when it's not that tom! I used to do the exact same thing as yoyo too, but now I'm able to talk myself out of it, because it will only worsen the feeling.

Amandarose- Sorry to hear you feel that way somedays! I get that same way, feeling like a slob. There's normally one thing that spurs those days though, like a zit or 2, or a bad hair day. On those days I don't even try, I just go in sweats! I guess I figure that if other people are gonna think my face and hair looks sloppy, then maybe they'll think I did it on purpose? I know, stupid :dizzy:

littleblacklies 10-09-2008 03:17 PM

Some days I truly do feel like the mini fridge that my husband says I am (he says it lovingly, usually when patting my bum, and I am very accepting of this moniker as he is my deep freeze... but some days it doesn't make me smille as much as normal). On these days its really difficult to even want to comb my hair or apply makeup, but that actually makes you feel a bit better. Stay off the scale on those days because it seems like no progress is ever good enough! And if you've stepped back a bit, whoa boy! Talk about a killjoy ):

Mae8217 10-09-2008 03:18 PM

I think that women will have "Feeling Fat" days their entire lives. Even when I reach my goal weight I will have fat days. :(

rachiebach 10-09-2008 06:46 PM

OMG! I totally agree with AmandaRose! Some days I just look in the mirror and think why are genetics so cruel? And then other days I wake up perfectly pleased with myself. I never cheat on the bad days though bc that would just make me feel worse about myself. So those are probably the best days for me. haha.

It's one of those things where I don't know that I'll ever feel skinny. Bc I look at my friend who's like a little over an inch taller than me and around the same weight-and she's so skinny by comparison. Yet I know in my head it isn't possible for her to be so skinny and me to be the hefer I am in my head, kwim? So I don't think the feeling fat or ugly days will ever go away. I think it's that "fat girl" mentality where we just don't see ourselves the way we really are. In my mind, 40 lbs lighter, I'm only slightly smaller than when I started.

Yet today I had to wear an old pair of my size 12s...and I can litterally pull them off without unbuttoning them-and they were skin tight less than a year ago! So maybe when you're having a fat day, slip into something that used to be tight on you to give yourself a little boost. It sure as heck brightened my day!

mermaid20 10-09-2008 07:20 PM

im having one of those days now...

I just ate a big dinner, and even though it was within my calorie range.. it left me feeling so full and draggy and ... all day, I have just felt so fat.. hard to remember about all the weight i had lost.. just feeling like ill never get to my goal...

it happens.

jahjah1223 10-09-2008 08:38 PM

Those days suck

luvja 10-09-2008 08:54 PM

I have "fat days" from time to time... I think it's quite normal actually.

greycella 10-09-2008 09:14 PM

I have those days- for sure. The used to accumulate- and my gym membership would go unused....or I'd pick up that pint of ice cream in the store. Now, somehow, they motivate me....I guess I've just come to grips with the fact that the only thing that really stands between me and my goal is my ability/inability to do what I need to do day in and day out. I think a big part of it is forgiving yourself if you do slip up- and not letting it totally throw you off track. Try to make them "fat moments!" And then use that feeling to do something that will help you reach your goal- go for a walk and research recipes!