OT- I am so sick of it all!

• As I write this I am sitting in my hotel room on the verge of tears. I am so sick of traveling for work, I can barely take it any more! I can barely recall what city I'm in as it's my 3rd city since Monday morning. I'm sick of airports, sick of rental cars, sick of resturant food and most importantly sick of being away from my family and friends. It seems like I have no life, I signed up for a bootcamp fightness class... went to maybe 7 or 8 of the 18 classes b/c I wounded up on the road for at least 2 night a week for the entire six weeks. I want to take a night class but I can't b/c I can't be sure that I'll be in town for class, same goes for volunteer work. I miss my bf and my house and well just about everything....

I enjoy what I do, I just wish I could do it without all the traveling. I love the company I work for and the people I work with, but I hardly see them as I'm always out of the office. I'm so exhusted all the time, that I'm mentally checking out at work which means that I'm left to catch up in the evenings and weekends (which is totally my own fault). Plus I just recieved a request from a MAJOR client asking for me to come to their site on a saturday, and the only saturday that's available is the one I had planned on having my 25th bday party on... I was goign to have a whole bunch of ppl over for dinner, but now I don't think I'll be able to. But I'm out of town, for work and for pleasure everyweekend between except my bday one until the middle of Nov. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!!! I have let my life revolve around work for the last 18 months and I don't know if I can take it much longer. I miss my life.

My company has just merged with another one and I'm both neverous and kinda excited. I'm sure it will mean more travel as we are expanding into several new cities and the other company doesn't have anyone doing my job. But what keeps me holding out on quiting is that my boss as told me that they are creating a position speficially for me (plus like I said above I do enjoy what I do). I'm interested to see what it entails. I know I need to sit down with my boss and tell him I'm burning out, but unfortunately, I'm pretty much out of the office for the next week or more.

Sigh I'm just not very happy right now.....
  • Hey lady! That just sucks. Really. I travel for work too, (not nearly as much as you) and I hate being on the road most of the time. If you ever have to come to Wisconsin, let me know! I'll come take you out! Wow 25 and so many responsibilities. I'm curious what you do! Sounds like you must be very good at what you do to be traveling so much. Let your boss know your frustrations and tell that client that you have other obligations on your birthday!
  • Oh wow, that really sucks! ((hugs))
  • JamieJo, I'm a corporate trainer for an audio visual company. I train our clients on the systems we install. I'm currently the only trainer that our organization has. I'm good at what I do (or at least I like to think I am!), and my boss trusts me to the Nth degree plus I have the president of the company wrapped around my little finger. He's pretty much given me unlimited freedom with my job. Which is awesome considering it's my first job out of school. They took a major risk on hiring me, and it's definately paid off, and they are the first to admit it.

I'm just in a whiny, lonely mood, that really only ppl who spend alot of time on the road understand.

I don't think I'll make it down to Wisconsin, it's a bit of a trek from alberta. but I apprecite the offer. Maybe one day!
  • :hugs:

Im sorry. Im no help at all, but here is a cyber hugh for you.