Old 10-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Question Do you ever feel like you're not doing enough?

I was wondering if anybody ever feels like they're not doing enough?

1. I work out everyday sometimes twice a day. I have more energy than ever and wonder if I should push myself even more.

2. I always eat within calories, most of the time below. Pretty much always well balanced intake.

3. I make mostly healthy descisions in my food.

4. I drink at least 3 to 4 liters of water per day.

5. Almost always get 7 to 8 hours of sleep.

But sometimes I feel like I should be doing more. Is this normal or does it pass?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #2  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

Honestly, yes - but I am so, so, so, so not as motivated as you. I stick to my calories but even trying to get myself going sometimes is insane. I never drink all my water.

With all the work you are doing - I am surprised you don't look like Heidi Klum in real life.
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i often feel like that....
i workout twice a day....
go for a walk some lunch times....
and have a very active job....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

sometimes when im doing well i feel like that. Maybe its becuase its begining to become more of a habit for you, so you dont feel like its a struggle so much anymore, and that feels kind of weird?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

maybe but surely if u keep pushing yourself to do more its a bad thing?....
ive noticed my scales ent budged for a while....
and my exercise is still fairly active....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
sometimes when im doing well i feel like that. Maybe its becuase its begining to become more of a habit for you, so you dont feel like its a struggle so much anymore, and that feels kind of weird?
Maybe that's what it is. I mean I would barely work out three times a week now, I do 10 or 11 times a week. It's a big difference. I love being able to push myself and I love how body is changing. Now I want to eat healthy and work out. I want to do all of these things. I guess it kinda freaks me out a bit.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i know i'm not doing enough.

i dont' always stick to plan
i don't work out every day
i never drink enough water

I think that it's way too easy to move from one addiction and obsession (food) to another (getting healthy) and that it could be an unhealthy thing.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #8  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

I feel like this a lot, but I'm not nearly as motivated as you. I generally am on plan with eating, or even a little below. I usually get in at least 1 liter of water per day. My food decisions aren't always all that healthy. I am walking around campus all day, and I almost always take the stairs up to my 4th floor dorm. Other than that the only exercise I get is twice a week at my "Body Sculpting" class. I am feeling like this especially this week because the scale hasn't budged, not even .2 lbs. It has stayed at exactly 165.0 since Friday even though I've been eating particularly well. I assumed though, that it was because of TOM.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #9  

I totally applaud you here we go again! I wish I was that dedicated to ANYTHING! I just started the whole working out thing today...I haven't REALLY worked out in, well, it's embarrassing to admit so I won't. Haha!

But hopefully I can work my way to where you are...all of that dedication will most definitely pay off in the end! Keep going, I think you're doing GREAT!

Wooooo carrot dance!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I always feel like I should be exercising more than I am. It gets me into trouble though because if I can't do all I want then I tend to skip.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I think it depends on my mood. Sometimes i feel awesome because im doing soo good and other days i feel like what im doing is not even close to enough.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/150/115

I know this sounds selfish from a mother's view, but I feel stuck sometimes because I am breastfeeding/have kids. I can't cut too many calories like I want without it affecting the milk supply I also feel limited on exercising because I have four kids and I have to make sure my hubby is home to watch them so I can exercise. So a lot of times I look around and think "if only _____ then _______". I have to stop myself sometimes and remind myself of what I have vs. what I don't have (ie. a perfect body LOL).
kimberlyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlyw View Post
I know this sounds selfish from a mother's view, but I feel stuck sometimes because I am breastfeeding/have kids. I can't cut too many calories like I want without it affecting the milk supply I also feel limited on exercising because I have four kids and I have to make sure my hubby is home to watch them so I can exercise. So a lot of times I look around and think "if only _____ then _______". I have to stop myself sometimes and remind myself of what I have vs. what I don't have (ie. a perfect body LOL).
I know what you mean i have 3 kids and a husband too .
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #14  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

I have been feeling exactly the same way. I think it's partially mindset like someone else here said. If it doesn't feel as hard as it used to at the beginning, I feel like I should be doing more. I have to be careful to not overdo it though. Pushing for more sometimes leads to getting burned out and doing less than I know I should. If you have more energy though, and it doesn't turn into being a chore that would discourage more than it would help, then go out and do more! I've found myself taking more walks and going out more because I've gotten so much more energy from living healthier.

Last edited by wrdfrog; 10-08-2008 at 03:23 PM.
wrdfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

What kind of exercise are you doing? Maybe mix it up some so that you can get a tougher workout. Can you take a different kind of class at a gym? Or use different cardio machines? Or maybe sign up for a martial arts class or something?
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote